Campus Construction Update

Exterior almost complete on the Indoor Baseball Facility. Padding went up yesterday. Scheduled to be open by the end of September.

I forsee some interesting calls out in right field next year. I thought the building was two or three feet from the line. If the ball hits the side of the building is it foul?

If a ball hits the building in the air it will be a foul ball.

It will play very similar to the RF line at Wrigley Field, except I think we have 2-3 feet between the foul line and the padding. That’s a good example that I can think of.

2 Likes

Good analogy!

clt says the cubs won the ws

Clt is up on his history. 4everniner says the Mets won in 1969.

Any updates/pics on the CRI entrance? Thought that might be in the works by now.

My guess is that they shelved it until after football season. Seems like something that could cause more chaos than its worth.

CRI entrance is under construction now (just started in the last week or so).

Nothing controversial there. Way to go Phil! At least you didn’t have to let a University icon rot away for this one.

Check out the TAB title!!!

LOL, I wondered if anyone would catch that.

Please add to the name confusion thread.

At least you will be able to tell that its UNC Charlotte and not a random office park with a nice high school football stadium in the middle…

1 Like

It’s interesting that the developer doesn’t mention the next door university as a reason to build there, but does mention a convention hotel as a plus.

Looks like a good place to put this. https://www.businessinsider.com/fans-25-favorite-college-football-stadiums-2018-10

Too bad the pic is of an empty stadium with no logos on the field. That’s just WRONG and misleading.

View the plan summary

When you view the plan summary, it will explain that the university is one of the major reasons (if not the major reason) for the development.

1 Like

Link doesn’t work for me.

https://ninertimes.com/2018/10/students-and-alumni-react-to-newly-remodeled-belk-plaza/