Can Confirm Healy is on Vanderbilt’s (very) short list

Besides the hype train, they know they can get Healy on the cheap. Whereas another “name” or established coach who’s had success at a smaller school may require an additional million or so to lure him away. Money still controls this thing and the Healy hype train will be a cheap experiment for Vandy. It’s a win-win for those guys.

I think that having Healy’s name mentioned for big jobs probably helps recruiting too. I get that kids may think that Healy might not be here long term, but every successful team faces that and somehow they get the recruits they need to be successful. I want to be a team with a coach always on the verge of making the next step. I think Mike Hill can manage that situation.

Yup we aren’t a program that should have a coach around 15-20 years. Ideally we are losing coaches on a regular basis based on success. To deny we are a stepping stone is to misunderstand college athletics. I want a coach that is shooting For a gig higher than us. What sucks in this instance is Will hasn’t really set much of a foundation for us to build on beyond just correcting Lambert mistakes.

After this weekend’s game is cancelled hopefully we find out soon. Tired of the coach talk. Season has been BS, dont want to lose Healy. Hasn’t checked many boxes imo here to leave but that SEC money can be the devil. We’ll see.

1 Like

If I were Vandy I’d scrap the status quo and hire someone who can run the triple option…like Jeff Monken. Seems like a very similar situation to what is often present at academies…which is being outmanned. Of course people will argue “but then you can’t recruit to a place that runs that offense.” Well, what does a place like Vandy have to lose? Nothing!

GaT did very well with the triple option for many years.

Know how many football victories we had when I was in school for my BS and Mstrs? Zero. Healy has 9 in 1 and 1/2 years. I have my football tix for next year and will support whatever coach is leading us next year. Hope it is Healy, but I am just glad we will have a coach and hopefully a full season. Happy Holidays

2 Likes

This is Healy’s agent. While I think he’s on the long list for jobs, I think he’s here in 2021

Edited to add, Eric says this agent is infamous for linking his clients to jobs for December raises.

Also, Eric is a great follow who likes us.

Jimmy Sexton is one of the most powerful people in college football. Most of the head coaches in the SEC are clients of his.

1 Like

Why would football coaches have agents when the sport is for amateur students? I call fake news. :wink:

1 Like

While Will Healy’s name swirls around the coaching carousel, Mike Hill knows one thing for sure.
“I hope every year we are in a situation like this. When we have a head football coach who is coveted, that means we are having success. Will should be coveted every single year. He handles things the right way and he cares about his young men first, and that’s what matters most.”

If [Healy’s] contract is bought out and he does leave Charlotte before his contract expires in 2026, he must reimburse Charlotte the $631,250 if he departs in the first year, or $505,000 at any point in the remaining contract. The 49ers would also secure a home-and-home series with the FBS program of which Healy signed with.

Nashville is a great town, I would do a H/H with Vandy.

2 Likes

Not the worse place but I was hoping for him to leave for a bigger name than Vandy for that H/H

Short of Kansas, I can’t think of any big program I would care less about coming here than Vandy.

2 Likes

We play at MTSU or WKU every year both are pretty close to Nashville.

SEC game that could be winnable, I’d be Ubering to one.

I mean, I’ll go, but I’m not excited about them coming here

Not as close as MT people want you to believe.