Can we get the facts straight about the Lee elbow?

With double technicals, no foul shots are taken. There would have only been 2 live-ball foul shots.

[QUOTE=NinerLoudNProud;159084]With double technicals, no foul shots are taken. There would have only been 2 live-ball foul shots.[/QUOTE]

Ahhhhh. I forgot about that. Yes. So, technically (no pun intended), nothing [B]should have[/B] been different than what was going to occur other than each team and their respective players getting a T and a personal foul assessed.

So, the bottom line is the A10 refs owe us, and they owe us big time. The A10 Tourney is the best time I can think of for us to start collecting. Like another poster stated, Judy needs to be on the phone speaking with the A10.

Well Jay Bilas is on our side…I was just listening to ESPN Radio and he said he thinks GW should’ve lost Saturday and that the “handling of the late game technical foul was not correct”

Im glad SOME announcers/analysts see it our way…

[QUOTE=metuncc;159308]Well Jay Bilas is on our side…I was just listening to ESPN Radio and he said he thinks GW should’ve lost Saturday and that the “handling of the late game technical foul was not correct”

Im glad SOME announcers/analysts see it our way…[/QUOTE]

Once again, Bilas is the man.

All kidding aside, I respect his opinions, because he doesn’t play favorites, despite appearances. I have heard about Fudge’s spat with him on the radio last week (Fudge being Fudge apparently made it personal, mocking Jay after Bilas hung up), and actually, I disagree with Jay about favoritism among the refs, but at least Jay is willing to defend his position, even on those occassions when it implicates Duke, or someone else he rightly should be biased towards.

He’s still the best in the business, and I like that he’s taken our side on this one.

Thanks Jay!

Does anyone know the link to Gregg Doyel’s article regarding our game with GW? Someone mentioned it on the A10 message board saying he sided with us. Just curious. I can’t find it on cbssportsline.com.

Doyel:

Even bigger dummy: Officials in the George Washington-Charlotte game. Don't know what I'm talking about? Keep reading, por favor.

Lorenzo Redux: Carl Elliott channeled Lorenzo Charles as he put back a last-second air ball by seldom-used freshman Noel Wilmore to beat Charlotte and finish off GW’s perfect A-10 season, only the fourth in A-10 history.

Replay Redux: Even with instant replay, officials screwed up the final seconds. GW’s Mike Hall intentionally fouled Charlotte’s Leemire Goldwire, grabbing a fistful of Goldwire’s jersey and refusing to let go. Goldwire lost his head and swung an arm at Hall. Officials gave Goldwire a technical. Hall got just a foul. Nice.

[QUOTE=NinerLoudNProud;159345]Doyel:[/QUOTE]

Doyel siding with us? Hmmm. Is it cold in Hell today?

and if Hall got a foul called for the Jersey pull, how the hell was DA shootiing the FT’s??? I still say the initial whistle was on whoever fouled DA who got the rebound, then they got sidetracked with the goldwire/hall thing…then after a 10min review really screwed things up even worse. This was as bad as the Indy/Pitt NFL playoff screwup on replay, except even worse since we ended up losing due to it.

…On two 5 second violations in the second half. I particularly liked the second one, when the ref was making eye contact with Leemire, counted to 7 and a half, and finally had no choice but to blow the whistle. From my plush blue seats at half court I could see Coach Lutz’s lips: “He was right! He was right!” Lutz could have been T’d up, along with D’Angelo, after the whole fiasco of looking at the reviews, because both of them walked up to the referees when they were trying to discuss the call and after they had been warned to stay away. I think they showed more restraint and allowed the players (and players actions) decide the game, rather than the coaches. I love it that this board complains about referees so much; you all fit right in with the Musketeermadness crowd. The A-10 used to have Teddy Valentine, and we ran him out. Now he’s calling big games in the ACC and Dickie V and others call him the best ref out there. Just goes to show you…and see 'ya in Cincinnati!:moon:

[QUOTE=gw sigep;159362]…On two 5 second violations in the second half. I particularly liked the second one, when the ref was making eye contact with Leemire, counted to 7 and a half, and finally had no choice but to blow the whistle. From my plush blue seats at half court I could see Coach Lutz’s lips: “He was right! He was right!” Lutz could have been T’d up, along with D’Angelo, after the whole fiasco of looking at the reviews, because both of them walked up to the referees when they were trying to discuss the call and after they had been warned to stay away. I think they showed more restraint and allowed the players (and players actions) decide the game, rather than the coaches. I love it that this board complains about referees so much; you all fit right in with the Musketeermadness crowd. The A-10 used to have Teddy Valentine, and we ran him out. Now he’s calling big games in the ACC and Dickie V and others call him the best ref out there. Just goes to show you…and see 'ya in Cincinnati!:moon:[/QUOTE]

Another Dumbass from GW who obviously doens’t watch ESPN or he would’ve seen that the replay showed that the refs F*ked it up.

Why should Lutz and DA get Ted up? The Damn refs were standing there for 6 minutes discussing the call and reviewing it. Hell, I would try to find out what the hell was happening too. If you would get that damn hat out of your way so you could see, then you would see that the refs made the wrong call.

Buddy if I were you guys I wouldn’t want to play us in the tournament. You can expect us wanting revenge and I wouldn’t mind seeing Lee drop about 40 on you punks. I also wouldn’t mind seeing Mike Hall become a hamburger for Antwon.

[QUOTE=gw sigep;159362]…On two 5 second violations in the second half. I particularly liked the second one, when the ref was making eye contact with Leemire, counted to 7 and a half, and finally had no choice but to blow the whistle. From my plush blue seats at half court I could see Coach Lutz’s lips: “He was right! He was right!” Lutz could have been T’d up, along with D’Angelo, after the whole fiasco of looking at the reviews, because both of them walked up to the referees when they were trying to discuss the call and after they had been warned to stay away. I think they showed more restraint and allowed the players (and players actions) decide the game, rather than the coaches. I love it that this board complains about referees so much; you all fit right in with the Musketeermadness crowd. The A-10 used to have Teddy Valentine, and we ran him out. Now he’s calling big games in the ACC and Dickie V and others call him the best ref out there. Just goes to show you…and see 'ya in Cincinnati!:moon:[/QUOTE]

Enjoy the gift from the second rate bush league referes gave you. Bring it to Cinci and don’t lay an egg.You colonial may get a chance to be bitch slapped by us. Now you can crawl back to your high school forum board and see if you can help your player get his GED.

UABHecklerHasMutated

Can anyone translate this post for me? Did you go to the same high school Omar did?

Buddy if I were you guys I wouldn't want to play us in the tournament. You can expect us wanting revenge and I wouldn't mind seeing Lee drop about 40 on you punks. I also wouldn't mind seeing Mike Hall become a hamburger for Antwon.

We could care less about playing Charlotte in the A10 tourney. We beat you twice already, the last time without our center. If we win the tourney without him it’s gravy, if not, we are still going to the NCAA’s.

[QUOTE=RS75;159420]We could care less about playing Charlotte in the A10 tourney. We beat you twice already, the last time without our center. If we win the tourney without him it’s gravy, if not, we are still going to the NCAA’s.[/QUOTE]

The fact that you and so many of your friends are on our board, kinda says you care about Charlotte. Sorry.

Don’t know if anybody has seen this, but here are some GW fans look at the fouls:

[URL=http://www.gwhoops.com/default.asp?messID=15556]http://www.gwhoops.com/default.asp?messID=15556[/URL]

They are not big fans of Lutz either.