cancel your Observer now

Those are AP pictures. It's not the O's fault. I'm just saying...

I believe he understands that they’re AP photos. What he’s saying is that somebody at the Observer had to put the photos into the slideshow. They should have thought “maybe we should trim down the # of photos since there’s more of the non-hometown team”.

In other words, sometimes less may be more. If the AP had 14 photos, of which 12 were of Clemson and only 2 were of Charlotte, rather than showing all 14 photos, it might have been better to show 2 of Charlotte and 2 of Clemson.

[QUOTE=Hooner49;386656]Those are AP pictures. It’s not the O’s fault. I’m just saying…[/QUOTE]
Ok

We established that 2 hrs ago, the origin is not in question

What is the Observers fault- is of which team and how many. Run the Niner pics or just the ones representin both teams

Anyone willoing to live with this or justify it is part of the problem and it will continue and continue and continue for another decade

[QUOTE=metro;386595]

No excuse for this, this paper isn’t good enough for a bird cage. This is about as big a slap in the face as it gets.

[/QUOTE]

this just in.

the observer treats us like 2nd class citizens.

details at 11.

the people in steerage on the Titanic got better treatment.

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;386639]If this is the reason you cancel, I won’t stand in your way.[/QUOTE]
Well, if haven’t stopped the Big O in spite of:

1. The Buzz
  2. The “Paid to Party” gals
  3. Advertising on the editorial pages
  4. So-called celebrity sitings of some athlete at an uptown restaurant
  5. Non-sports references to UNC-CH as UNC, as well as “UNC-Charlotte” in the obits
  6. Etc., etc.

then I’m probably not going to stop now. Doesn’t mean I like it, but complaining will do no good. :rolleyes:

Keep it civil guys.

I still want an answer on how the sister paper in Raleigh would of done this had State played at Clemson.

Answer- the RNO would of ran only the wolfpack pics

Can you imagine 10 Clemson pics to 2 State pics on the RNO website, and the editor saying, “be happy there were any?”. :lmao:

Not in any life

Metro’s 100% correct. The O has never even tried to cover the cover the fact that we are nothing in their eyes. The more we improve in any sport basically inconveniences them.

They are an ACC paper when it comes to college sports and we all know it and I for one don’t give a damn if it ever changes.

Wonder if Lyerly ever gets any ink? I wouldn’t know- I don’t read it. Suipposedly, if you’re a returning Preseason All-American from a local school, that’s news.

here is the pissant who does the online editing

khart@charlotteobserver.com

Kelvin Hart - most likely the epicenter in the decision to shaft us

[QUOTE=metro;386681]here is the pissant who does the online editing

khart@charlotteobserver.com

Kelvin Hart - most likely the epicenter in the decision to shaft us[/QUOTE]

No, not true. Kelvin has a different job now. Bombarding him will do no good.

As for what the N&O would do on Clemson-N.C. State, their market is far different from ours. We have tons of Clemson grads here and circulate heavily in South Carolina in York, Chester and Lancaster counties. It’s not an apples to apples comparison.

And I doubt the person who put that slideshow together had any ulterior motives. He put in all the photos he had from the game, period.

We have tons of Clemson grads here and circulate heavily in South Carolina in York, Chester and Lancaster counties. It's not an apples to apples comparison.

And I doubt the person who put that slideshow together had any ulterior motives. He put in all the photos he had from the game, period.

and there is your answer folks

the Clemson fanbase trumps our interest

that is why your paper sucks - I get it that you need to sell to them, but it shouldn’t come at the expense of shafting the home team.

I give Mike P credit for one thing: he straight up tells ya to bend over and like it.:moon:

[QUOTE=metro;386690]and there is your answer folks

the Clemson fanbase trumps our interest

that is why your paper sucks - I get it that you need to sell to them, but it shouldn’t come at the expense of shafting the home team.

I give Mike P credit for one thing: [B]he straight up tells ya to bend over and like it.:moon[/B]:[/QUOTE]

[B]thank you sir may I have another![/B]

[B][I][SIZE=4]Please . . .[/SIZE][/I][/B]

. . . support your “local” paper.:tongue:

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;386686] We have tons of Clemson grads here [/QUOTE]

We have tons of grads here.

I’m sorry Mike and don’t mean any of this personally to you. But this is absolutely the dumbest excuse I have ever heard.

We have tons of Chapel Hill grads.
We have tons of Duke grads
We have tons of Gamecock grads

Don’t know how you define “tons”. But when I encounter a Tar Heel or Duke grad who lives in Charlotte, I stop and ask them WHERE they get information about their athletic teams.

The answers are very consistent. The school athletic website and the newspaper/website of that particular city. When I follow up about the Charlotte paper for a source, they tell me they wouldn’t go there except for Panthers, Bobcats, NASCAR or 49ers information.

This “we have tons grads/fans” here is 100% pure steaming dung.

Every major city in America has grads that are not local.

WHY IN THE HELL DO YOU CATER TO EVERYONE BUT THE LOCAL TEAM?

At that price we should all chip in and buy them out.
Hear, hear!

Well, if I can defend the AP photog a little, he did just send in all the photos he had from the game. You want your photos to tell the story of a game (obviously) so that a person could tell the outcome of the game without looking at the story. That’s why there are so many of the Clemson over Charlotte photos where both teams are included. The staff at the O didn’t pick and choose photos for that slideshow. Clemson won that game, and the photos should give you that impression.

My god, what utter rubbish.

I just clicked on charlotte.com

Weight Loss Challenge?

Moms lose 35 pounds?

Yes, I know that is not sports, but charlotte.com represents the Charlotte Observer. You people actually believe this is newsworthy?

There is more than one person working for the Observer with a flawed sense of logic. Moms have been complaining about losing weight since the beginning of time, some redesigned website is not going to solve that problem.

Will the Observer ever stop printing worthless information?

Well, if I can defend the AP photog a little, he did just send in all the photos he had from the game. You want your photos to tell the story of a game (obviously) so that a person could tell the outcome of the game without looking at the story. That's why there are so many of the Clemson over Charlotte photos where both teams are included. The staff at the O didn't pick and choose photos for that slideshow. Clemson won that game, and the photos should give you that impression.

Oh my…did you read any of the previous posts in this thread?

[QUOTE=SF4Nynah;386701]Well, if I can defend the AP photog a little, he did just send in all the photos he had from the game. You want your photos to tell the story of a game (obviously) so that a person could tell the outcome of the game without looking at the story. That’s why there are so many of the Clemson over Charlotte photos where both teams are included. The staff at the O didn’t pick and choose photos for that slideshow. Clemson won that game, and the photos should give you that impression.[/QUOTE]

U r warped

NEVER bury the home team- ever. A Pic and the truth is fine but this was over the top

and no paper does it unless there is an agenda

Can’t wait for 17 slides for a win vs ACC-------yeah right

We have tons of grads here.

I’m sorry Mike and don’t mean any of this personally to you. But this is absolutely the dumbest excuse I have ever heard.

We have tons of Chapel Hill grads.
We have tons of Duke grads
We have tons of Gamecock grads

Don’t know how you define “tons”. But when I encounter a Tar Heel or Duke grad who lives in Charlotte, I stop and ask them WHERE they get information about their athletic teams.

The answers are very consistent. The school athletic website and the newspaper/website of that particular city. When I follow up about the Charlotte paper for a source, they tell me they wouldn’t go there except for Panthers, Bobcats, NASCAR or 49ers information.

This “we have tons grads/fans” here is 100% pure steaming dung.

Every major city in America has grads that are not local.

WHY IN THE HELL DO YOU CATER TO EVERYONE BUT THE LOCAL TEAM?

I got news for you and Mike. There are more Charlotte grads in the Charlotte/Metro than all of those 3 together, plus Clemson…Don’t believe it, look it up!