Can't tailgate until 4 hours before gametime?

I would like to find out who that restaurant is so I can avoid going there.[/quote]

Yes. Let’s. >:(

Even if it is Chipotle, I will be done with them.

I think traffic on gameday will be even less of an issue than it was for the spring game. I feel like most attendees will be on campus by 9am at the latest. Im not sure this was the case at the spring game, my group showed up about an hour before and the traffic was still flowing in.

I don’t think traffic will be an issue. Leaving campus may take a little time but getting
there will not be a problem.
You can’t really blame the shopping Center across the street for not wanting
tailgaters in the parking lot. It is for their customers. Now if they wanted
to rent out a section of the lot to tailgaters - that would be pretty cool.

If there is any traffic issues it will be the people trying to get there right at 8AM and having no where to wait except on major roads because the entrances are closed.

I would like to find out who that restaurant is so I can avoid going there.[/quote]

The parking lot for that front parcel which contains Chipotle and Papa John’s is a pain in the ass on a good day. I’ve tried going there twice at no specific time of day and it’s a terribly designed little section of the lot - really hard to get in and out of and not enough spaces. (And why would you sign a lease as a delivery place in there?) So I feel their pain.

The developer would have to lease the space for tailgaiting, which would put the developer at odds with these businesses and then there are contractual (minimum parking spaces) and some legal requirements for available parking that would likely be hurdles as well.

It’s enough of a potential win-win that it would be smart for the tenants and the developer to work something out to lease out a roadside corner of the larger lot and keep the tailgaters away from the businesses that are complaining.

BTW foot traffic Chipotle? Ever heard of it?

[quote=“BigTimeNiner, post:64, topic:28102”]I don’t think traffic will be an issue. Leaving campus may take a little time but getting
to rent out a section of the lot to tailgaters - that would be pretty cool.[/quote]

Now wouldnt that be cool!..Imagine if they had 20-30 spots designated for tailgating, we and they would get some great exposure and they might also pick up some sales.

Chipotle is a destination for drunks. They should be excited about the prospects of drunk hungry people coming back after a football game.

??? [quote=“J Felt, post:68, topic:28102”]Chipotle is a destination for drunks. They should be excited about the prospects of drunk hungry people coming back after a football game.[/quote]

Headline: August 31st: “Twenty eight UNC-C students die in freak accident with 15 cars as they attempt to cross NC 29 intoxicated after the 49ers inaugural football game.”

Headline: August 31st: “Twenty eight UNC-C students die in freak accident with 15 cars as they attempt to cross NC 29 intoxicated after the 49ers inaugural football game.”[/quote]
Channeling your inner Judy there?

[quote=“chasmo101, post:67, topic:28102”][quote=“BigTimeNiner, post:64, topic:28102”]I don’t think traffic will be an issue. Leaving campus may take a little time but getting
to rent out a section of the lot to tailgaters - that would be pretty cool.[/quote]

Now wouldnt that be cool!..Imagine if they had 20-30 spots designated for tailgating, we and they would get some great exposure and they might also pick up some sales.[/quote]

Interested to see how that area handles tailgating. It might be an option if campus is closed until 8:00.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:71, topic:28102”][quote=“chasmo101, post:67, topic:28102”][quote=“BigTimeNiner, post:64, topic:28102”]I don’t think traffic will be an issue. Leaving campus may take a little time but getting

Now wouldnt that be cool!..Imagine if they had 20-30 spots designated for tailgating, we and they would get some great exposure and they might also pick up some sales.[/quote]

Interested to see how that area handles tailgating. It might be an option if campus is closed until 8:00.[/quote]

Yup - if the schools puts too many restrictions those options might be very interesting.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:72, topic:28102”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:71, topic:28102”][quote=“chasmo101, post:67, topic:28102”][quote=“BigTimeNiner, post:64, topic:28102”]I don’t think traffic will be an issue. Leaving campus may take a little time but getting

Interested to see how that area handles tailgating. It might be an option if campus is closed until 8:00.[/quote]

Yup - if the schools puts too many restrictions those options might be very interesting.[/quote]

I would not mind parking over there at all, for $20-30 per game and no restrictions on drinking games!