Can't tailgate until 4 hours before gametime?

It should not take an hour to set up trash cans. I donā€™t understand why they cannot set them up as people are entering the campus to tailgateā€¦ at 6 or 7am.[/quote]

True. Itā€™s not like people are going to be belligerent by 7am and have trash everywhere. I donā€™t think this will last long especially after making people pay $500+ to tailgate in some instances.

It should not take an hour to set up trash cans. I donā€™t understand why they cannot set them up as people are entering the campus to tailgateā€¦ at 6 or 7am.[/quote]

True. Itā€™s not like people are going to be belligerent by 7am and have trash everywhere. I donā€™t think this will last long especially after making people pay $500+ to tailgate in some instances.[/quote]

Letā€™s be serious, the rule is so people donā€™t get too drunkā€¦ has nothing to do with parking, trash cans ectā€¦ itā€™s all about controlā€¦

True. Itā€™s not like people are going to be belligerent by 7am and have trash everywhere. I donā€™t think this will last long especially after making people pay $500+ to tailgate in some instances.[/quote]

Letā€™s be serious, the rule is so people donā€™t get too drunkā€¦ has nothing to do with parking, trash cans ectā€¦ itā€™s all about controlā€¦[/quote]

Itā€™s a little about $$ too. You probably have 30-40 people on campus handling parking for football. Not a ton of money but if they donā€™t have to spend it they arenā€™t going to.

Letā€™s be serious, the rule is so people donā€™t get too drunkā€¦ has nothing to do with parking, trash cans ectā€¦ itā€™s all about controlā€¦[/quote]

No argument from me. The funny thing is that it does not take 4 hours to get drunk. I can do it in much less time. :slight_smile: As a matter of fact, Iā€™ll venture to say that the more time we have to tailgate, the more time some people will have to sober up a little.

No argument from me. The funny thing is that it does not take 4 hours to get drunk. I can do it in much less time. :slight_smile: As a matter of fact, Iā€™ll venture to say that the more time we have to tailgate, the more time some people will have to sober up a little.[/quote]

in a sense, the university is promoting binge drinking. We are going to drink until we are satisfied, they just gave us a shorter amount of time to get to job done.

If you were going to drink the same amount, youā€™re just doing it faster, then it isnā€™t the universities fault you are binge drinking.

If you were going to drink the same amount, youā€™re just doing it faster, then it isnā€™t the universities fault you are binge drinking.[/quote]

I think the point is the U is trying to limit drinking time but those wanting to get totally trashed are going to either in six hours or two.

Sure, but binge drinking is binge drinking, regardless of how quickly you do it.

Sure, but binge drinking is binge drinking, regardless of how quickly you do it.[/quote]

My comment was mostly tongue in cheek, but I could envision people people looking at the clock and looking at how much booze they have left and making bad decisions.

No argument from me. The funny thing is that it does not take 4 hours to get drunk. I can do it in much less time. :slight_smile: As a matter of fact, Iā€™ll venture to say that the more time we have to tailgate, the more time some people will have to sober up a little.[/quote]

X2

Canā€™t wait to see what type of tricks they try to play the first night game. If they are trying to limit drinking time opening lots at 7am wouldnā€™t be a big deal. 99.9% of people that show up that early are eating breakfast and setting up.

FWIW - I was ranting to a friend who when to Penn State about this policy and she informed me that PSU opens tailgating lots at 8am as well. They donā€™t change the time if it is an afternoon/evening game, but for 12:30 kickoffs, the lots open at 8a.

I think the difference between how our situation is set up and other schools is I would say more than half the tailgating at other schools is probably off campus so itā€™s not a issueā€¦ I guess you could set up at 7 am at Kohlsā€¦ they are closed then anyway.

I think the difference between how our situation is set up and other schools is I would say more than half the tailgating at other schools is probably off campus so itā€™s not a issueā€¦ I guess you could set up at 7 am at Kohlsā€¦ they are closed then anyway.[/quote]

You both make good points. I think chapel hill is a school whose tailgating would be primarily on campus. I wonder what their policy is.

I think the difference between how our situation is set up and other schools is I would say more than half the tailgating at other schools is probably off campus so itā€™s not a issueā€¦ I guess you could set up at 7 am at Kohlsā€¦ they are closed then anyway.[/quote]

You both make good points. I think chapel hill is a school whose tailgating would be primarily on campus. I wonder what their policy is?[/quote]

No wine before 9. No cheese unless brie.

You both make good points. I think chapel hill is a school whose tailgating would be primarily on campus. I wonder what their policy is?[/quote]

No wine before 9. No cheese unless brie.[/quote]

There are no limitations on whining in Chapel Hill.

Yeah, good to see the local business community excited about it. [/sarcasm]

I would like to find out who that restaurant is so I can avoid going there.

I would like to find out who that restaurant is so I can avoid going there.[/quote]

Would love to know also.

All those places make so much money off the University, they can justā€¦