Carl Edwards should be suspended

NSC 2010 at Atlanta Brad Keselowski Huge crash

He maliciously wrecked the 12 car today, on the straightaway. The act of douchebaggery was retaliation for Carl cutting in front of Keselowski early in the race and blaming Brad.

Carl danced around a specific answer when asked if it was intentional, but ending saying that a car going into the fence was not what he wanted. The lap before Edwards got sideways off of turn 4 trying to inch towards Keselowski.

Payback is a part of NASCAR, but this was uncalled for, for several reasons.
1- The middle of the straightaway at the fastest track, Keselowski could have been hurt seriously even if his car had stayed on the ground. Not to mention fans could have been hurt as the 12 flew toward the fence.
2- The next two races are on short tracks, take out the aggression there were consequences are greatly reduced.
3- The first wreck was CARL’S OWN GD FAULT, get over yourself, and win more than a Nationwide race.

The last suspension for conduct happened in 2003, when Jimmy Spencer, at Michigan(another fast track where contact at high speeds is dangerous), took the high road and used his fist to teach Kurt Busch a lesson instead of his fender.

I’ve been saying “Mr. Aww Shucks” Carl Edwards is a phony doucher for a while, it felt good to be redeemed, and his ass should sit out a race.

Suspend Ben Bowers!

[quote=“itsbraille49, post:1, topic:22656”]his a** should sit out a race.[/quote]Hell No, with Jimmie Johnson already having won two of the first four races of the season (not to mention a qualifying race at Daytona) after winning four straight championships, NA$CAR needs a feud or rivalry to peak more interest. Maybe next week, Carl Edwards, Denny Hamlin and Brad Keslowski can have a three way cat-fight! Bristol would be the perfect venue for this battle. Hey Look! Bristol is on the schedule next! I’ve always been a NA$CAR fan, but this may be the only way to get me to watch next race (3/21)!?!

I don’t mean to jack the thread but there aren’t too many NASCAR threads and I sure as hell don’t want to start one.

…Who wants to go to the 600 May 30th?

Figure we can get a good NNN crew to tailgate.

Definitely not the place on the track to wreck somebody. The flip was dramatic, but more concerning would have been if he had gotten turned back into the wall head on. Edwards should have let it go after he tapped the #12 the lap before. Crashalotski is by no means a clean racer, but this was all on Edwards, the first incident and then the “payback”. NASCRAP won’t be suspending anyone though, especially Edwards. Hell, they practically begged for this kind of action before the season began by declaring that they were going to “let the drivers handle it”.

Keslowski should handle it Allison style by beating Edward’s a55.

And did y’all know that Dale Jr.'s sister & Biz. Mgr., Kelley, is a Niner, class of '95? You’d think someone in the AD’s Office would get Theresa & Earnhard Racing or Dale Jr. or the Kannapolis Intimidators to do something with Niner Athletics.

Of course when WWE is in town, you’d think someone from the AD’s Office would roll out the red carpet for Niner Matt Hardy or Charlottean R Truth, along with when TNA is in town, rolling out the red carpet for Ric Flair. But that would make sense.

from Carl’s facebook page

[QUOTE][size=2]My options: Considering that Brad wrecks me with no regard for anyones safety or hard work, should I: A-Keep letting him wreck me? B-Confront him after the race? C-Wait til bristol and collect other cars? or D-Take care of it now? I want to be clear that I was surprised at his flight and very relieved when he walked away. Every person has to decide what code they want to live by and hopefully this explains mine
[/size]

[/quote]

[quote=“JoeSixPack, post:7, topic:22656”]from Carl’s facebook page

[QUOTE][size=2]My options: Considering that Brad wrecks me with no regard for anyones safety or hard work, should I: A-Keep letting him wreck me? B-Confront him after the race? C-Wait til bristol and collect other cars? or D-Take care of it now? I want to be clear that I was surprised at his flight and very relieved when he walked away. Every person has to decide what code they want to live by and hopefully this explains mine
[/size][/quote]
[/quote]

B!

DING DING DING DING DING

Edwards hid behind his Car-gina which not only affected Brad, but also his crew, the car will probably end up a museum piece with “Carl Edwards is a phony doucher” spray painted on the hood.

And yes, Get’em, a rivalry would be nice Ky. Busch-Junior is too lopsided, but wouldn’t a suspension just further exacerbate Carl’s angst toward’s Brad?? and it would serve him right.

Former Niner Kevin Conway finished 31st today.

Wonder if he could arrange an Extenze giveaway at upcoming Niners event.

After all, it exists for men and women, so everyone could benefit:

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:6, topic:22656”]Keslowski should handle it Allison style by beating Edward’s a55.

And did y’all know that Dale Jr.'s sister & Biz. Mgr., Kelley, is a Niner, class of '95? You’d think someone in the AD’s Office would get Theresa & Earnhard Racing or Dale Jr. or the Kannapolis Intimidators to do something with Niner Athletics.

Of course when WWE is in town, you’d think someone from the AD’s Office would roll out the red carpet for Niner Matt Hardy or Charlottean R Truth, along with when TNA is in town, rolling out the red carpet for Ric Flair. But that would make sense.[/quote]

Here’s what the Hornets do with the Nature Boy:
Chris Paul free throws with Ric Flair

Getting back on topic…
Stock car racing is just too dangerous to let guys get away with intentionally wrecking people. I can deal with a little bumping, but what Edwards did was too dangerous.

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:6, topic:22656”]Keslowski should handle it Allison style by beating Edward’s a55.

Of course when WWE is in town, you’d think someone from the AD’s Office would roll out the red carpet for Niner Matt Hardy or Charlottean R Truth, along with when TNA is in town, rolling out the red carpet for Ric Flair. But that would make sense.[/quote]

Carl would beat anyone’s arse on the circuit FYI. BK knows better.

the guy deserved it, and Carl should of chosen a better time, and he SURELY didn’t want his car to fly into the stands

I could live with a suspension, but I am still an Edwards fan, I know for a fact behind the scenes he’s not a douche like half these guys. He’s a genuine good guy.

[quote=“JoeSixPack, post:7, topic:22656”]from Carl’s facebook page

[QUOTE][size=1em]My options: Considering that Brad wrecks me with no regard for anyones safety or hard work, should I: A-Keep letting him wreck me? B-Confront him after the race? C-Wait til bristol and collect other cars? or D-Take care of it now? I want to be clear that I was surprised at his flight and very relieved when he walked away. Every person has to decide what code they want to live by and hopefully this explains mine
[/size][/quote]

great FB post

Braile, you are high if you think Edwards is a phony douche. Find out behind the scenese who’s real and not.

whats Judy, Bobby, and CHP gonna do when we get the NIT invite @ Chapel Hill?

Hope they have the balls to say no thx. Its Halton or nothing.

[quote=“metro, post:13, topic:22656”][quote=“stonecoldken, post:6, topic:22656”]Keslowski should handle it Allison style by beating Edward’s a55.

Carl would beat anyone’s arse on the circuit FYI. BK knows better.

the guy deserved it, and Carl should of chosen a better time, and he SURELY didn’t want his car to fly into the stands

I could live with a suspension, but I am still an Edwards fan, I know for a fact behind the scenes he’s not a douche like half these guys. He’s a genuine good guy.[/quote]
My money’s on JPM- he’s a fourth degree balck belt, lol.

I don’t have a problem with Edwards retaliating, but if that car had went into the stands, this would be a very different conversation.

[quote=“itsbraille49, post:1, topic:22656”]He maliciously wrecked the 12 car today, on the straightaway. The act of douchebaggery was retaliation for Carl cutting in front of Keselowski early in the race and blaming Brad.

Carl danced around a specific answer when asked if it was intentional, but ending saying that a car going into the fence was not what he wanted. The lap before Edwards got sideways off of turn 4 trying to inch towards Keselowski.

1- The middle of the straightaway at the fastest track, Keselowski could have been hurt seriously even if his car had stayed on the ground. Not to mention fans could have been hurt as the 12 flew toward the fence.
2- The next two races are on short tracks, take out the aggression there were consequences are greatly reduced.
3- The first wreck was CARL’S OWN GD FAULT, get over yourself, and win more than a Nationwide race.

The last suspension for conduct happened in 2003, when Jimmy Spencer, at Michigan(another fast track where contact at high speeds is dangerous), took the high road and used his fist to teach Kurt Busch a lesson instead of his fender.

I’ve been saying “Mr. Aww Shucks” Carl Edwards is a phony doucher for a while, it felt good to be redeemed, and his a** should sit out a race.[/quote]

Did you even watch the race at Talladega where Mr. Keselowski sent Edwards airborne and almost into the stands? If Keselowski can’t take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Carl Edwards Talladega Crash 4-26-09 (HD)

[quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:17, topic:22656”][quote=“itsbraille49, post:1, topic:22656”]He maliciously wrecked the 12 car today, on the straightaway. The act of douchebaggery was retaliation for Carl cutting in front of Keselowski early in the race and blaming Brad.

I’ve been saying “Mr. Aww Shucks” Carl Edwards is a phony doucher for a while, it felt good to be redeemed, and his a** should sit out a race.[/quote]

Did you even watch the race at Talladega where Mr. Keselowski sent Edwards airborne and almost into the stands? If Keselowski can’t take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Carl Edwards Talladega Crash 4-26-09 (HD)[/quote]

A few things.
[ul][li]The Talladega race was for the win.[/li]
[li]At Talladega Edwards was beat and threw a block, if you are going to do that you need to expect to get hit. Every guy out there would have done the same thing.[/li]
[li]Yesterday the 1st wreck was just as much Edwards fault, he needs to hold his line. At the same time Keselowski needs to quit fighting so hard for a spot so early, he needs to pick his spots and quit getting involved in wrecks. [/li]
[li]Yesterday wasnt a block, it was spinning a guy at the wrong possible time. Edwards is an idiot.[/li][/ul]

I am glad no one was hurt, but this is exactly what NASCAR needs to get people interested again. Definitely poor judgement on both their parts though. Get out of the cars and put up some fists. Bumping and rubbing is one thing - but they keep this up and one of them is going to get killed and they could take a few others with them.

[quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:17, topic:22656”]Did you even watch the race at Talladega where Mr. Keselowski sent Edwards airborne and almost into the stands? If Keselowski can’t take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Carl Edwards Talladega Crash 4-26-09 (HD)[/quote]

Edwards caused both of the wrecks that involved Crashalotski. Edwards cut down on him at Talladega and at Atlanta, but Crashalotski was already there and there was nothing he could do to avoid the contact. Edwards retaliated for essentially something he himself caused, and doing it where and when he did makes it all the more ridiculous.

I’m not a Crashalotski fan, but this is all on Edwards.