Carolina Panthers 🐈‍⬛

clt says just tell robby that baker is a bear.

What would suck is if Darnold were to actually beat out Baker in training camp.

clt looks forward to the baker commercials from bofa this fall

There won’t be any QB competition in Spartanburg. Mayfield is the starter.

Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

Does anyone in Charlotte care what Anderson thinks about anything ?

3 Likes

Would it??? The whole point is to get better at QB, right?

His teammates will care. It sounds like he is trying to walk back what posted by saying he was just trying to defend his QB.

Yahoo Sports: Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold would be the first pair of top-3 QBs to play for same team since 1980.

Kind of wild it’s only been six years since I gave up on pro sports in general and the Panthers in particular and I have no clue now who any of these people are.

Liberating.

2 Likes

Been humorous listening to the talk of a QB competition in Spartanburg. Finally heard someone say he thought Darnold won’t be a Panther when the regular season starts. Not sure about that but Mayfield is the guy.

I agree Mayfield will almost certainly be the guy, but i still think people rip SD more than they should. I dont think many people understand how bad the OLine was last year. It can make a decent QB look horrible and worse as a season goes on and he becomes more and more gun shy…his Jets teams had poor OL play as well.

I think you’re right about the OL but I just don’t like Sam Darnold.

Something about him rubs me the wrong way. I never found myself rooting for him. At all.

Not a Mayfield fan at all. Don’t think he is what this team needed. I hope I am wrong, but based on last three years of picking up bad , used QBs I doubt I am.

How can we loose? Either we get a new, serviceable QB next year. Or we get a new coach. Happiest of all…we get BOTH!

1 Like

I’m with Early… the worst thing the Panthers could have done is taken on a QB that is going to be with us next year, this is a put up or shut up year for Rhule, he doesn’t finish 500 or better he will be gone, then we clean house at the QB position (Carroll probably stays cause he’s cheap) and we move on. Throw everyone out there this year and see what stinks, I don’t think Rhule is the long term answer anyway.

Agree on Rhule not being long term unless he does turn it around this year.
I just don’t like Mayfield and I believe he will be a disrupter in the clubhouse. I was fine seeing what Darnold had with a revamped line.
Time will tell. As a guy who just sold his PSLs, my interest level is even lower than it was. Hate it but just don’t see much to cheer for lately.

I accidentally watched Undisputed on fs1. They had a whole segment on mayfield that went on for 15-20 minutes. They talked more about his endorsements than they did about his ability on the field.

That should tell us all we need to know.