Carolina Panthers 🐈‍⬛

Rock Hill and York County got ED halfway through. :eggplant:

Is that what happened to Tepper’s honeymoon?!!

Speaking of former Panthers beat writer Jonathan Jones:

Also see that NASCAR and Charlotte FC beat writer Alexandra Andrejev no longer at the Big O:

https://twitter.com/ThePanthersWire/status/1538159624205086724

Former Panthers star Luke Kuechly joining franchise’s radio broadcast team

4 Likes

He is calling 7 home games. He’s replacing Jim Szoke on the announcing team for those games.

I fully expect him to tell us every play the opponent is going to run, before the snap.

3 Likes

clt says Luke would be a great DC for us.

LOL! Exactly my thought!!

To tell you the truth as long as it’s just one year I’d actually be ok with this, we just need to make sure after this year we have a clean slate, no QB on the roster, and we have the money to go after someone good or draft someone if we suck again.

Life has been much easier since I quit watching the NFL and NBA closely. Im at just about the most casual level possible now. In more step way and I won’t know they even played.

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter as long as David the dolt Tepper owns the team. He’s a bottom 5 owner across all sports.

For me, quitting my fantasy football league really allowed me to stop caring for football as much. I’ll still try and support the Panthers but the casual game on now I don’t care to watch for 3 hours. If the panthers suck, I get back even more time because I maybe watch half of it.

1 Like

clt says baker to panthers.

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/news/panthers-trade-for-browns-qb-baker-mayfiel

They pulled the trigger after all.

The Panthers will send a 2024 5th round pick in exchange for the 27-year-old veteran quarterback He will be on the final year of his rookie contract. To make the deal happen, the Browns have agreed to pay $10.5 million of Mayfield’s 2022 salary ($18 million)

This seems like an acceptable risk on paper. They didn’t give up too much and the salary share is fair.

I just hope this all works out from a chemistry standpoint. We don’t need any toxicity in the locker room.

1 Like

We already know its going to be an issue based on Robbie’s comments earlier about Baker. I would have rather just rolled with Darnold for a year and addressed it in the draft or FA next year, but we didn’t give up much so I’m ok with it. I’m not sure Baker is much better than Darnold though. I assume PJ will be let go

Yeah the depth chart is Baker/Sam/Matt, for sure…