Carolina Panthers 🐈‍⬛

Trubisky was the second overall pick by the Chicago Bears

Mahomes was picked 10th overall after Andy surprised with trade to move up

Texans selected Watson 12th, who rubs women the wrong way

In the second round, the Browns picked DeShone Kizer. Who?

Two quarterbacks were selected in the third round: Davis Webb (Giants) and C.J.Beathard (49ers)

1 Like

Four quarterbacks were selected 1st round in the 2018 NFL draft:

Baker Mayfield
Sam Darnold
Josh Allen
Josh Rosen
Lamar Jackson

How about 2020?

• JOE BURROW, CINCINNATI BENGALS.
  • TUA TAGOVAILOA, MIAMI DOLPHINS.
  • JUSTIN HERBERT, LOS ANGELES CHARGERS.
  • JALEN HURTS, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

1. Kyler Murray (Arizona Cardinals)

2. Daniel Jones (New York Giants)

3. Dwayne Haskins (Washington Redskins)

4. Drew Lock (Denver Broncos)

5. Will Grier (Carolina Panthers)

6. Ryan Finley (Cincinnati Bengals)

7. Jarrett Stidham (New England Patriots)

8. Easton Stick (Los Angeles Chargers)

9. Clayton Thorson (Philadelphia Eagles)

10. Gardner Minshew (Jacksonville Jaguars)

clt got this joke, well done!

2 Likes

Hilarious. I love his posts. Grateful for his presence in the board.

The Panthers should pull a George Castanza and whatever they think they should do or pick, do the opposite. I guarantee it will work better than what they have done in previous years.

1 Like

Actually, if you look at the Panthers last few years, theyve drafted pretty well. Especially in the first 2 rounds.

2 Likes
1 Like

Come on Chris - some context please! lol
I mean players are there this week - but they aren’t allowed to work on the field nor could he work with them at all.

I doubt Panthers would “waste” one of their 30 draft meetings on him… could he be there to throw to prospects they have invited (weird loop hole).
Or is he just doing a paid fan tour? lol

Anyone know?

clt says that is a nice pic.

Usually local college player draft visits don’t count against your 30 visits

Archie Manning said Chris was one of the top 2 QBs in their passing camp. He said he believed he had an NFL future as he has a brilliant football mind. That doesn’t mean as a player - maybe he is angling to just latch on to a coaching staff.

4 Likes
1 Like

https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/lions-played-on-unsafe-field-against-panthers

Nowadays, Chris might make it as a QB 3 where teams really need a 3rd arm in practices. I expect he could at least get a training camp invite for this reason. Chris has fantastic accuracy when healthy. Unfortunately for him, the NFL is filled with guys almost a foot taller, over 100 pounds heavier that are much stronger and faster than Chris. The big guys on NFL defenses now can run and rush the passer in most cases. The linebackers are running 4.4 40’s.

1 Like

Sneaking In Arizona Cardinals GIF by Bleacher Report

clt says no to young

1 Like

Here’s a sampling how some scouts summed up this collection of quarterbacks.

AFC evaluator: “I would say a bit above average. There’s not a bonafide guy. There’s no Andrew Luck. Comparing it to Joe Burrow, Tua (Tagovailoa), Justin Herbert, that class was way better coming out. You can poke holes in all these guys.”

AFC evaluator: “It’s the most overhyped, and understandably so, group that I can recall. Every one of them is flawed, and some with major flaws. So I think they all get overdrafted and, unfortunately, they all underperform. Even if they become starters they’re bottom-half-of-the-league starters.”

AFC evaluator: “Teams have gone to better athletes at quarterback, but they’re shorter.”

NFC evaluator: “None of these guys are Andrew Luck or Trevor Lawrence.”

AFC evaluator: “History tells us probably four of the (top) five will be busts. It’s crazy.”