Carolina Panthers 🐈‍⬛

1 Like
1 Like

clt would prefer richardson over young

If the panthers draft Richardson at #1 when they probably could have gotten him at 9, it would be the most panthers thing ever.

2 Likes

Some drafts don’t produce a franchise QB. This feels like one of those drafts. People seem enamored with a read option QB that can run, without considering they will still need to routinely throw from the pocket with accuracy and anticipation.

I don’t want a Panthers QB because he is blazing fast, can throw 70 yards and can backflip.

I don’t want a Panthers QB under 6 ft tall that will need to constantly move around or out of the pocket to see/hit open receivers, and that will be more vulnerable to damage from big hits from dudes that are much taller, heavier and just as fast.

I don’t want a Panthers QB that did not consistently win in college ball.

That kind of leaves Stroud as the lone man at #1. If the pick works, the Panthers have a potential future. If the pick is a bust, the Panthers are a bust for years to come

I have to say I agree with that post.

Stroud is my pick for the reasons above.

Do not draft Stroud. Name me ONE OSU QB that has ever been good in the league.

Eventually there will be one. All a gamble.

That is a valid point. I really have not watched Stroud. Like I wrote, some drafts just don’t have a franchise quarterback that goes in Round 1. My point is the panthers had better get this one right, or they are doomed. They are more than a QB away, so they probably could have done better long term by keeping their draft picks and skip the QB this year. Tank another season and get a better qb option next year.

clt agrees, you trade up to get an andrew luck not young or stroud

Said the Steelers fan.

That was my reaction when they traded. You had better be damn sure there is a Manning or Luck or something similar if you’re going to move up like that.

You know we pass on Stroud and then he’s the next Mahomes

clt says mahomes is next level. too bad his wife and brother are beyond annoying

1 Like

Mahomes was not next level leading up to the Draft. Review 2017 pre-draft rankings. Trubisky was higher on every major draft ranking website. The positives were arm strength and ability to extend plays. The knock on him was poor decision making and accuracy under pressure. This review of Mahomes from USA Today was my favorite. Grading all 32 first-round picks in the 2017 NFL draft | For The Win .

Ultimately, you draft the player that best fits your system or you change your system to fit their skill set. Say what you want about Cam, but in his prime he was a game changer and deserving of the first pick in that draft. 12 years later we are in the same position. Each has their flaws but I have faith in the scouts and coaches more than my own film review and arm chair Quarterbacking. Whoever it is, I’ll support the choice and look forward to what we can do this season.

Gave Panthers a D+ for selecting CMC.

1 Like

Problem with drafting a QB from a school like OSU or Alabama is that they are surrounded by the best talent in country so sure they’re gonna look good. There are exceptions but a lot of those guys struggle when the playing field gets leveled or are tilted the other way

1 Like