Chad Johnson legally changes name to Ocho Sinco

I think it’s hilarious.

[URL]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3560377[/URL]

I think it’s hilarious too. I know some people think this stuff is lame or bad, but I think it’s great. There is way more than enough serious crap in the world. We need more people willing to have fun.

Just another WR attention whore with an overinflated ego.

Give me a break. The guy plays a game for a living. He is just having fun. He doesn’t go out and get in any trouble off of the field. He’s just a nutty guy who does funny stuff. We all want attention in life; this guy has a good outlet for getting it. I can’t understand people having a problem with him. He’s just living it up. Too often guys live it up by going to strip clubs or doing drugs. This guy changes his name. Give him a break.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;335878]Give me a break. The guy plays a game for a living. He is just having fun. He doesn’t go out and get in any trouble off of the field. He’s just a nutty guy who does funny stuff. We all want attention in life; this guy has a good outlet for getting it. I can’t understand people having a problem with him. He’s just living it up. Too often guys live it up by going to strip clubs or doing drugs. This guy changes his name. Give him a break.[/QUOTE]

x2

I’m officially changing my last name to 49erFan1

QFT

when he is 50 he’ll realize football numbers don’t mean shiit in real life

I'm officially changing my last name to 49erFan1
That would be cool. I wonder if your name can actually have numbers or if you'd have to settle for Forty Niner Fan One as your last name.
QFT

when he is 50 he’ll realize football numbers don’t mean shiit in real life

normally i agree with you metro…

I just think when he is potentially in the hall of fame with millions of dollars, i don’t think he will regret this decision. He can always change it back. Just an eccentric guy.

btw, he is randked the 19th best rec on my fantasy football sheet I just downloaded

btw, he is randked the 19th best rec on my fantasy football sheet I just downloaded

:huh:

Ok…

[QUOTE=metro;335897]btw, he is randked the 19th best rec on my fantasy football sheet I just downloaded[/QUOTE]

if you are going by that sheet, then i would be happy to join your league and take your money. he’s definitely an attention whore, but i will take him on my fantasy team any day.

[QUOTE=Max Power;335932]if you are going by that sheet, then i would be happy to join your league and take your money. he’s definitely an attention whore, but i will take him on my fantasy team any day.[/QUOTE]

Idk, he’s a good player, but I like his teamate TJ Houshmanzadeh better. Both are great fantasy options though as long as Carson Palmer is throwing the ball.

As for Cincy’s ground game, ehhhhh…

[QUOTE=Max Power;335932]if you are going by that sheet, then i would be happy to join your league and take your money. he’s definitely an attention whore, but i will take him on my fantasy team any day.[/QUOTE]

Didn’t he get hurt?? Torn labrum or something like that??

Idk, he's a good player, but I like his teamate TJ Houshmanzadeh better. Both are great fantasy options though as long as Carson Palmer is throwing the ball.

As for Cincy’s ground game, ehhhhh…

TJ was my boy the past two or three years. I liked that I got him back when he was still somewhat unknown. I saw him on MNF or something and I was like, “I like this guy’s style.”

Cincinatti’s Ground Game just got better, they cut Rudi Johnson.

Isn’t Kenny Irons healthy this year? That dude was pretty tough in college.

I don’t know what “real world” you’re talking about, but the fact that he’s signed for a 6 year deal for 35.5 million is certainly worth a lot in the world I live in…you know, the one ruled almost exclusively by money. If that’s what meaningless stats translate into, sign me up.

I don't know what "real world" you're talking about, but the fact that he's signed for a 6 year deal for 35.5 million is certainly worth a lot in the world I live in...you know, the one ruled almost exclusively by money. If that's what meaningless stats translate into, sign me up.
NFL contracts might not be the best example since only the signing bonus is guaranteed. :)
NFL contracts might not be the best example since only the signing bonus is guaranteed. :)

Fair enough. The point still standsa though that those worthless stats translate into real world money, thus meaning that they do in fact matter. I’m sure his endorsement money will keep him company.

If i was making as much money as he was, i wouldn’t give a crap what my last name was.