Chad Johnson legally changes name to Ocho Sinco

if you are going by that sheet, then i would be happy to join your league and take your money. he's definitely an attention whore, but i will take him on my fantasy team any day.

ummmm, and your point? I’ll take him on my team too.

we had posters (if you actually read whole threads) saying he is a Hall of Fame player, and that justified him changing his name…I simply was pointing out he’s not that good…

and even better is what his own coach calls him, “Ocho Pshyco” :lmao:

ummmm, and your point? I'll take him on my team too.

we had posters (if you actually read whole threads) saying he is a Hall of Fame player, and that justified him changing his name…I simply was pointing out he’s not that good…

and even better is what his own coach calls him, “Ocho Pshyco” :lmao:

He has had somewhere around 1200 yards and 90 receptions every year after his rookie year. He had about 50 less yards than Randy Moss did last year and that was one of the best qb-wr pairings we’ve seen since Montana/Young and Rice. In his first seven years he has averaged very similar yardage numbers to Jerry Rice’s first seven years. He has been to the pro bowl every year after his rookie year.

How is he “not that good” and not on pace to be in contention for the HOF?

Numbers alone will not get you into the HOF, See Pete Rose. This is neither baseball, nor gambling, but if your personality or actions off the field are enough of a detriment to the league you will not be voted in.

Numbers alone will not get you into the HOF, See Pete Rose. This is neither baseball, nor gambling, but if your personality or actions off the field are enough of a detriment to the league you will not be voted in.

But he is not causing any problems. Off the field he is a great citizen as far as I can tell. You never hear of him breaking any laws. Sure he celebrates tds too much, but what receiver doesn’t celebrate that much (besides Marvin Harrison). And he publicly said he wanted a trade, how is this out of the ordinary for a football player?

Roger Goodell can’t say $hit about him putting “Ocho Cinco” on the back of his jersey now.:doh:

[QUOTE=X-49er;336044]Roger Goodell can’t say $hit about him putting “Ocho Cinco” on the back of his jersey now.:doh:[/QUOTE]

Thats the part that’s funny… he (Chad) is willing to this far to get his way.

If that is what Chad wants, so be it.

Sure, he is good. Is he a HOF’er? Ask me again when his career is over.

As long as parts of the general public get excited (in a good or bad way) and consider this kind of stuff newsworthy, someone will try this kind of crap.

Personally, I don’t give a damn what his name is. Why should it matter to me? He is a football player.

Don’t know why various media sources need to make stories out of this.

Trivia: Does anyone remember Bobby Moore’s name when he retired from the NFL?

But he is not causing any problems. Off the field he is a great citizen as far as I can tell. You never hear of him breaking any laws. Sure he celebrates tds too much, but what receiver doesn't celebrate that much (besides Marvin Harrison). And he publicly said he wanted a trade, how is this out of the ordinary for a football player?

I didn’t say his actions would keep him out or that he was doing anything detrimental I just provided the rebuttal that you need more than just great numbers.

He has had somewhere around 1200 yards and 90 receptions every year after his rookie year. He had about 50 less yards than Randy Moss did last year and that was one of the best qb-wr pairings we've seen since Montana/Young and Rice. In his first seven years he has averaged very similar yardage numbers to Jerry Rice's first seven years. He has been to the pro bowl every year after his rookie year.

How is he “not that good” and not on pace to be in contention for the HOF?

Metro never said “he is no good”

I said “he is not that good” in regards to HOF. Every fantasy sheet I can find has him as the 10-19th best rec this year!! Thats not me, thats the supposed experts. If he was a HOF guy, he’d be in the top 3

IMO, he’s halfway to the HOF, you need around 90 TDs and 13,000 rec yds (he is at 47 and 8300). If he has another 7 yrs like his first 7 yrs, get back to me.

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=nfl2k8dkwrranks

http://images.sportsline.com/images/fantasy/football/spln/draftkit/draft_guide.pdf

http://football.about.com/cs/cheatsheets/a/bl_cheatWR.htm

this argument is outrageous, “because I am so good, I can change my name” :lol:

Eh, if your good enough they’ll let you in no matter what you do, see Michael Irvin.

Irvin ranked at the top of almost every WR category from 91/92 to the late '90’s, won 3 Super Bowls, and if Rice wasn’t in his prime may have received much more attention. He had some scraps with Marjuana… he’s an angel compared to many athletes now-a-days.

Metro never said "he is no good"

I said “he is not that good” in regards to HOF. Every fantasy sheet I can find has him as the 10-19th best rec this year!! Thats not me, thats the supposed experts. If he was a HOF guy, he’d be in the top 3

IMO, he’s halfway to the HOF, you need around 90 TDs and 13,000 rec yds (he is at 47 and 8300). If he has another 7 yrs like his first 7 yrs, get back to me.

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=nfl2k8dkwrranks

http://images.sportsline.com/images/fantasy/football/spln/draftkit/draft_guide.pdf

http://football.about.com/cs/cheatsheets/a/bl_cheatWR.htm

this argument is outrageous, “because I am so good, I can change my name” :lol:

Fantasy picks aren’t the same as a measurement of how good you are. He is picked lower because he just doesn’t get as many touchdowns as other guys. Randy Moss only got 53 more yards than CJ last year but Moss is #1. Why? Because he is Brady’s primary way into the end zone. CJ doesn’t have as good a QB passing to him as Moss and Cinci’s game spreads the touchdowns around more, or just doesn’t score as many.

As for “not being that good,” he is more like 3 or 4 seasons like his first 7 away from the numbers. In that time he will have or surpass the stats of Michael Irvin, Art Monk, John Stallworth, John Lofton, and Charlie Joiner and I didn’t even look at everybody. (Stallworth only had 8,700yrds, but of course there are those rings hes got.)

Where is this quote? “because I am so good, I can change my name”

cough

Fantasy picks aren't the same as a measurement of how good you are.

Where is this quote? “because I am so good, I can change my name”

umm, yes they are

the quote was not from him, it was mentioned above that because he has HOF potential he could pull it off.

doesn’t matter, changing your name is beyond retarded and childish…like I said, Marvin Lewis his own coach calls him Ocho Psycho because he is such a attention whore douchebag.

Chad Johnson changing his name is marketing genius.

The fastest growing demographic in this country is hispanic. The hispanic demographic has never embraced the NFL, mainly due to there being little to no players of hispanic origins. While he is not hispanic, this move will enable them to relate to him or give him additional attention, jersey sales, etc.

This gives him, a superstar, a leg up on the competition and will in the end make him a significant amount of additional money.

umm, yes they are
lol no they aren't. How do you think they are?

I’m legally changing my name to Jewey T. Jewenstein.

I met Chad one year in Cincy when we went up for a Panthers game. This was the year he really started getting pissed and wanted out(2 years ago).

We were so happenly staying at the same hotel as the players that night and walked right in the same door the players do from their parking lot. There were tons of Bengals fans lining the hallway and we had no clue why. We were all wearing our Panther jerseys and all stood in a group as we realized what the crowd was for.

Next thing we know here comes Chad, walks right by every Bengals fan and comes straight to us and talks with us for like 5-10 minutes. AWESOME guy! i have a picture of this somewhere…its hilarious to see the Bengals fans faces! lol

Later that night we came back down to get some grub, and who was in the lobby just chillen? Chad Johnson. just sitting around talking to fans like he was anyone else. IMO hes a great guy and a marketing genius. Since that day ive been a big fan of his.

He’s 85, right? If he wants it to be Spanish, it is ochenta y cinco. that is 85. Ocho Cinco is 8 5.

He's 85, right? If he wants it to be Spanish, it is ochenta y cinco. that is 85. Ocho Cinco is 8 5.
I bet you're the first person to say that. Someone better get the message to him, quick! :biggrin:

His name…he can change it. Hate to be cliche’ but it’s better when it’s brought up daily…it’s a free country.