Chad Johnson legally changes name to Ocho Sinco

[QUOTE=Noreaster;336673]He’s 85, right? If he wants it to be Spanish, it is ochenta y cinco. that is 85. Ocho Cinco is 8 5.[/QUOTE]

I’m sure he’ll make a mental note of that.:huh:

He's 85, right? If he wants it to be Spanish, it is ochenta y cinco. that is 85. Ocho Cinco is 8 5.

QFT, i was just thinking about that when i got to your post. Well done, sir.

He's 85, right? If he wants it to be Spanish, it is ochenta y cinco. that is 85. Ocho Cinco is 8 5.

I thought of that when he first started calling himself that, and just thought he was more retarded. Whoever said it will help his marketing, I don’t know… nothing like getting the attention from Latinos by butchering their language I guess.

Ocho Cinco has a better ring to it. I’m sure plenty of people have told him.

… Of course he knows Ocho Sinco isnt 85. You think hes going to go around calling himself Ochenta y Sinco? That doesn’t sound good and most people can’t count in Spanish that high so he knows people won’t know what that is right away. Plus, people go around calling athletes’ numbers by the digits all the time. It’s not like thats new. The odds of someone having not brought up the fact that Ocho Sinco isn’t 85 within the first week of him talking about it are astronomical.
:hammer:

btw, does someone want to try to defend the idea that fantasy football player listings are an exact measurement of a player’s skill, since metro doesn’t want to?

... Of course he knows Ocho Sinco isnt 85. You think hes going to go around calling himself Ochenta y Sinco? That doesn't sound good and most people can't count in Spanish that high so he knows people won't know what that is right away. Plus, people go around calling athletes' numbers by the digits all the time. It's not like thats new. The odds of someone having not brought up the fact that Ocho Sinco isn't 85 within the first week of him talking about it are astronomical. :hammer:

btw, does someone want to try to defend the idea that fantasy football player listings are an exact measurement of a player’s skill, since metro doesn’t want to?

It’s Cinco with a “C”.

The player listings in general will give you a broad generalization of who is possibly better than another player but it is not exact or entirely specific. You’d have to take into account the type of offense, amount of carries, etc. for a more exact listing of which player is better than another.

how about Oucho Stinko?

It's Cinco with a "C".
Doh! I was actually even going to make a post about that earlier but didn't bother. Guess that title got the best of me.
The player listings in general will give you a broad generalization of who is possibly better than another player but it is not exact or entirely specific. You'd have to take into account the type of offense, amount of carries, etc. for a more exact listing of which player is better than another.
Bingo.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;336803]It’s Cinco with a “C”.

The player listings in general will give you a broad generalization of who is possibly better than another player but it is not exact or entirely specific. You’d have to take into account the type of offense, amount of carries, etc. for a more exact listing of which player is better than another.[/QUOTE]

This is very true.

No one puts Jericho Cotchery in the top 10 WRs in the NFL, but fantasy football statistically he will be this year.

So since he’s legally done this, why haven’t media outlets (ESPN, SI, and even the Bengals site itself) changed their sites to reflect the name instead of “Chad Johnson?”

[QUOTE=SF4Nynah;336838]So since he’s legally done this, whey haven’t media outlets (ESPN, SI, and even the Bengals site itself) changed to reflect the name instead of “Chad Johnson?”[/QUOTE]

So you will know who he is. Kind of like when Prince changed his name to the symbol. If they just started calling him “the symbol”, you would have said “who the hell is that”? Most people will not have read the stories regarding the name change. I guess we will have to call Mr. Ocho Cinco, the wide receiver formerly known as Chad Johnson.

I don’t really like or hate Chad Johnson… err excuse me, Chad Ocho Cinco.

That having been said, it blows my mind that anyone can say he isn’t an attention whore with a huge ego problem. He has an almost pathological need to be the center of attention.

I can’t believe this idiot is now Chad Ocho Cinco.
Maybe I should be Kenneth Cuarenta Nueve.

I can't believe this idiot is now Chad Ocho Cinco. Maybe I should be Kenneth Cuarenta Nueve.
Do it. I be it will get you chicks.

Since the NFL gave consent today to have “Ocho Cinco” on his jersey (which, since it is his legal name, I’m not sure why they had to consent), the AP, the Bengal’s site, ESPN and SI all refer to him as “Chad Ocho Cinco.”

[URL]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=2584[/URL]

Since the NFL gave consent today to have "Ocho Cinco" on his jersey (which, since it is his legal name, I'm not sure why they had to consent), the AP, the Bengal's site, ESPN and SI all refer to him as "Chad Ocho Cinco."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=2584

he is ocho cinco on sportsline including fantasy as well

[QUOTE=SF4Nynah;337435]Since the NFL gave consent today to have “Ocho Cinco” on his jersey (which, since it is his legal name, I’m not sure why they had to consent), the AP, the Bengal’s site, ESPN and SI all refer to him as “Chad Ocho Cinco.”

[URL]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=2584[/URL][/QUOTE]

and then changed their mind…

[URL=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3574151]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3574151[/URL]

and then changed their mind...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3574151

Eh, that’s fair. Lot of money in that whole deal. A lot of people love him. Personally, I think he’s genuinely quite funny.

Eh, that's fair. Lot of money in that whole deal. A lot of people love him. Personally, I think he's genuinely quite funny.
Yea I think this is all histerical.

If he is really serious about this, he should buy out his contract or buy the rest of those C. Johnson jerseys and either burn them or give them to kids in a third world country like they did with the Pats superbowl champions tshirts from last year.