Chancellor's Update

[URL]http://www.administration.uncc.edu/chancellor/Newsletters/Winter%20Newsletter%20(2)%201-2008.pdf[/URL]

Some highlights:

[QUOTE]The new entrance will be located approximately one-quarter mile to the south of the existing entrance on Highway 49; the “old” entrance will be closed to vehicle traffic when the new entry opens, but we will preserve pedestrian traffic at that point. We have made no plans for the disposition of the sign that has marked the campus entrance for many years. Keep your eyes posted on eBay for a great bargain. [/QUOTE]

:mallet:

[QUOTE]So, fans, make the short trip up to Halton Arena and “own” your[COLOR=deepskyblue][B] UNC[/B][/COLOR] Charlotte 49ers. [/QUOTE]

:angry:

[QUOTE]
The work of the Football Feasibility Committee, chaired by Mac Everett, is winding down. I expect to receive the formal report and recommendations of this group sometime in February, but it has already been widely reported that the Committee will recommend that UNC Charlotte initiate a football program. After reviewing the report with my staff, I intend to take my own recommendations to the Board of Trustees sometime in the spring or summer.

I know there is intense interest among some alumni and members of the public in answer to the question of whether UNC Charlotte will be starting a football program. However, because of the very significant implications of such a decision for Athletics and, indeed, the entire institution, I’m going to be more concerned about making a good decision than a quick one.

Another factor that affects the initiation of a football program is a recent decision by the NCAA Division Board of Directors to impose a four-year moratorium upon the addition of any new institutions into either the Football Bowl Subdivision (what most of us still call Division I-A) or the NCAA Football Championship Subdivision (what most of us still call Division I-AA). The precise explanation for why this moratorium was needed can be debated, but ostensibly it was motivated by a vast set of concerns about the NCAA’s divisional governance structure and evolving definitions concerning what it means to be a Division I football institution. [B][I]So, whether we like it or not, it will not be possible to initiate a football program until the moratorium is lifted.[/I][/B] In the meantime, several NCAA study groups are at work.
[/QUOTE]

:huhsign:

Sometimes I wonder if this guy gets it

[QUOTE]So, fans, make the short trip up to Halton Arena and “own” your[COLOR=deepskyblue][B] UNC[/B][/COLOR] Charlotte 49ers[/QUOTE]
Own your UNC Charlotte 49ers! but make sure you have a tar heel shirt on :smile:

Should someone email him the press release when we changed to the Charlotte 49ers? Do you think he missed it??? :blink:

I guess Dubois missed that memo about the Charlotte 49ers. You’d think he would have been briefed on that before he took the job.

“Phil DuBois is a no talent ass clown!”

• Office Space

[QUOTE=Sideshow;285016]I guess Dubois missed that memo about the Charlotte 49ers. You’d think he would have been briefed on that before he took the job.[/QUOTE]

I believed he was briefed in chapel hole before the drive to [FONT=Comic Sans MS][B][I][SIZE=4][COLOR=DarkGreen]CHARLOTTE[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/B][/FONT].

Of course, you guys realize that Dubois doesn’t actually write that, don’t you?

Of course, you guys realize that Dubois doesn't actually write that, don't you?

If your name is on it, you own it

Of course, you guys realize that Dubois doesn't actually write that, don't you?
Please explain.

this man has yet to utter a word or write a sentence that impresses me

[QUOTE=survivor45;285022]Please explain.[/QUOTE]
A better choice of words on my part would have been “probably doesn’t write” that. Anyway, I would think that Dubois has someone either directly in the Chancellor’s Office and/or Public Relations write that for him. I’m sure he goes over to add, delete, edit, etc., but I would doubt that he actually writes it himself. Just like I wouldn’t expect most CEO-types to write that kind of thing.

BINGO

cass is knocking them out of the park on this issue.

Has anyone felt the desire to inform Dubois on the Moratorium? It may be a crucial email. I remember someone posted on here that (I believe) Darren Spease was well aware of the issue, and said that we would not be affected by it.

I seem to remember it being discussed in the alumni football meeting at the alumni house, it has to be in “The Everrett Report”

Don’t you love it when the “informed” are also the “uninformed?”

know what I think? I will take Mac Everett in this battle anyday of the week. He has always been a Charlottean and will be, and has more at stake here. Dubois likes to throw some zingers out there to pretend like he has a play in this, but football is inevitable when a whale like Everett stamps his name to the initiative. So let Dubois publish these control freak letters, they’re meaningless.

Hope your right, I don’t think I can go another 20 years without football.

its like with anything, if he wanted football or the school’s name changed he would push for it non stop at any cost…(ie. Light Rail)

clt likes dubois but this letter is not helping.

know what I think? I will take Mac Everett in this battle anyday of the week. He has always been a Charlottean and will be, and has more at stake here. Dubois likes to throw some zingers out there to pretend like he has a play in this, but football is inevitable when a whale like Everett stamps his name to the initiative. So let Dubois publish these control freak letters, they're meaningless.

I tend to agree. But what I think he may be doing is throwing the thought out there of how difficult it will be, trying to gain anti-football support. He can go 1 of 2 ways. He can think it’s totally a no brainer, we’re going for football. Or he can think it’s not a good idea and drag his feet, hoping something will change the inevitable. I think we all know which approach he’s taking.

Maybe CFI needs to get fired up again??