Chancellor's Update

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;286431]any way to oust DuBois?[/QUOTE]

Sure, the BoG in Chapel Hill can fire him, otherwise he’s in for life or retirement. Look how long our other Chancellors had been here. Get used to him.

[QUOTE=919R;286428]IS it related to football?[/QUOTE]
Not football related unless you consider some smart comments about someone providing “modest” financial support to athletics.

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;286430]Then what was the point of your post? This is a lot like “I have a friend whos cousin knows a guy who has a girlfriend who has a secret?” Why bother?[/QUOTE]
My point is that I’m now of the opinion that Dubois is nothing but a donkey and that’s being polite. His concern is over 500 less season tickets being sold vs 5 years ago and hinted that Bobby is the sole reason for that. Does the A-10 move not account almost 100% for any lost ticket sales the revious two years? That is an athletic department problem, scheduling, marketing, winning/losing, etc, etc, etc. Let Phil go out and sell tickets.

His concern is over 500 less season tickets being sold vs 5 years ago and hinted that Bobby is the sole reason for that. Does the A-10 move not account almost 100% for any lost ticket sales the revious two years? That is an athletic department problem, scheduling, marketing, winning/losing, etc, etc, etc. Let Phil go out and sell tickets.

DuBois has not been here long enough, apparently, to understand the transition the school has been through since Metro through CUSA to A-10.

Talking to others, if the person is willing to release the email, it seems something that one of us could write and submit an editorial to the Observer.

His concern is over 500 less season tickets being sold vs 5 years ago and hinted that Bobby is the sole reason for that.

What an idiot. Does he think he can bring in some savior coach to sell out every game. I hope he’s got the money if he plans to do that cause it isn’t going to be cheap.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;286250]I have to believe that if we file the paperwork of intention before the September deadline, we will grandfather ahead of this moratorium.

Phil’s timetable sounds like he is trying to stall until it’s too late. Do not let this happen.

What’s the worst that could happen if we begin the application process and decided later not to follow through? Just wasted time/money, but no penalties.

DO IT. Do not let DuBois filibuster.[/QUOTE]

The reason I’m worried is [B][I][URL=http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16520]because we got burned before.[/URL][/I][/B]

[QUOTE]“The chancellor has been holding back on these 200+ open positions because of an internal study on how best to utilize them.”[/QUOTE]

I honestly believe that Phil has spent more time trying to get the light rail up here more than any other thing. Whether you are for light rail or against it, it doesn’t have that major of an impact that other things have for our school. Besides, all we were was a giant donkey to get federal funding and unprofessional studies.

It was 2 years ago we learned that we were 13th out of 16 schools in funding, what is that this year?

I would LOVE to read the context of HP’s email. I once sent the guy an email about football, and he told me “there are medications for your whining”. And seriously, it wasn’t even a bad email that he was replying to.

okay…everybody… step back… breeathe deeply. gooood… agaaaaiin… deeep now…excellent…! exxxcelent!

i don’t know--------
dubois might be everything and doing everything you’re accusing him of. he might be anti-football! and he might not be the one to lead us to become UCHA. but i’m ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that this board is not the place to crucify him. for results anyway.
if you have legitimate beefs (and i’m not implying that you don’t!) find one of your own that has a connection and send him (with proper documentation) to someone who has a voice beyond the shout box. you can bitch all you want on some piss-ant forum (i’m making a point fercryinoutloud! please don’t go off on that!), but real change is not going to happen until you make your voice heard. so talk to each other and figure out the best way to get the message to the right people.

okay....everybody... step back.... breeathe deeply. gooood..... agaaaaiin...... deeep now.....excellent....! exxxcelent!

i don’t know--------
dubois might be everything and doing everything you’re accusing him of. he might be anti-football! and he might not be the one to lead us to become UCHA. but i’m ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that this board is not the place to crucify him. for results anyway.
if you have legitimate beefs (and i’m not implying that you don’t!) find one of your own that has a connection and send him (with proper documentation) to someone who has a voice beyond the shout box. you can bitch all you want on some piss-ant forum (i’m making a point fercryinoutloud! please don’t go off on that!), but real change is not going to happen until you make your voice heard. so talk to each other and figure out the best way to get the message to the right people.

Nothing will be done anyway. The BoG doesn’t care about Charlotte, and neither does the Chancellor. I hope you enjoy mediocrity, and being a 2nd tier school, because that seems to be the goal. “Know your place.” This is the beginning of a sad period for the school if Dubois filibusters football and fires Lutz and replaces him with some nobody.

I once sent the guy an email about football, and he told me "there are medications for your whining". And seriously, it wasn't even a bad email that he was replying to.

Wow, did he really, I guess I shouldn’t get my hopes up about football. I will now go to walmart and get a baby blue t-shirt. :unhappy:

I would LOVE to read the context of HP's email. I once sent the guy an email about football, and he told me "there are medications for your whining". And seriously, it wasn't even a bad email that he was replying to.

**** that… I would of fed that email to the press. Seriously, a man in his position is in, well, no position to make comments of that magnitude to students, alumni, staff, or even the bum on the street. Dude’s on a power trip… to bad it’s fed through strings coming straight out of Chapel Hill.

[U]Found it:[/U]

[I][B]11/27/06[/B][/I]
[I]Well, you are persistent. I think there are anti-whining meds you can take. Seriously, right now we are just starting our branding study. If we decide to do a football study, it will be privately and quietly. Anything public would set off too many alarm bells with our conference. So, as you might guess, the less I say about this the better.[/I]

[QUOTE=ninerID;286503][U]Found it:[/U]

[I][B]11/27/06[/B][/I]
[I]Well, you are persistent. I think there are anti-whining meds you can take. Seriously, right now we are just starting our branding study. If we decide to do a football study, it will be privately and quietly. Anything public would set off too many alarm bells with our conference. So, as you might guess, the less I say about this the better.[/I][/QUOTE]

:ohmy: What the…??? I’m sure he hears, what he precieves, as whining all the time, but stay professional man!

I would flood an editor of the Observer’s emailbox with emails from our chancellor that are so negative.

[U]Found it:[/U]

11/27/06
Well, you are persistent. I think there are anti-whining meds you can take. Seriously, right now we are just starting our branding study. If we decide to do a football study, it will be privately and quietly. Anything public would set off too many alarm bells with our conference. So, as you might guess, the less I say about this the better.

thats nothin’

okay....everybody... step back.... breeathe deeply. gooood..... agaaaaiin...... deeep now.....excellent....! exxxcelent!

i don’t know--------

I’ve often found in life that when people wrong you, and you feel like someone treated you in a poor manner, odds are they have treated many others that way too. That said, seems like Phil takes pride in attempting to humiliate whoever questions him with an email. I’m sure there are many out there, and its no secret by now.

Note to Dubois: give me 4 lifetime tickets to Niner games on the 3rd row or lower, and I’ll make sure your email to me never gets read. :lmao:

Has it crossed anyone’s mind that Dubois could effectively usher in a decade of Wissel-ball at every level of the university?

thats nothin'
post it, or it didn't happen.
post it, or it didn't happen.
hah! :biggrin:
Has it crossed anyone's mind that Dubois could effectively usher in a decade of Wissel-ball at every level of the university?

maybe thats his M.O.

I’m sure it would make Chapel Hill very happy

[QUOTE=NLP;286602]Has it crossed anyone’s mind that Dubois could effectively usher in a decade of Wissel-ball at every level of the university?[/QUOTE]

You know, this is possible but we also may be calling him the Chancellor that brought in football ( I won’t call him that but others might). I think that a lot of this stems from us having a weak booster club. I don’t know who’s running this organization but they are quite as mice and I doubt they have any regular contact with Dubois. This is a situation that the booster club should be all over and they just aren’t. I know we don’t have the most well funded BC in college, but they have to have some pull. Dubois doesn’t need another rubber stamp committee.