Char-Meck Hires New Chief of Police

http://www.charlotte.com/112/story/626501.html

Hopefully they will have an increased focus on the U-city area.

funny thing…people in richmond are saying good riddance. was this a wise choice?

funny thing...people in richmond are saying good riddance. was this a wise choice?

Funny, he apparently did good while he was there. I’m from VA, 20 miles North of Richmond on I-95. If he was able to crackdown on crime there, he can do it just about anywhere, that place has plenty of **** holes.

we’ll find out in due time how good he is.

Quite honestly, it probably won’t matter much who the chief of police is. The biggest thing Charlotte needs is a new head honcho across the street at the DA’s office. Peter Gilchrest has completely lost it. The fact of the matter is, the police are arresting the bad guys, the DA’s office is just offering them plea bargains and letting them right back out. Our state, and particularly our county, are in dire trouble because the courts and prisons are overcrowded and here in the State of Mecklenburg, you can literally get away with murder.

can’t believe this thread has not mentioned that Jerry Sennet, the CMPD candidate, played golf and graduated from Charlotte

I wanted the Niner to get hired

Rodney Monroe was a slam dunk I think, after the sheriff election fiasco

[QUOTE=dax;320180]funny thing…people in richmond are saying good riddance. was this a wise choice?[/QUOTE]

Where did you hear this? I live right outside of Richmond and everyone I’ve talked to is pretty much bummed Monroe is leaving. He’s done great in Richmond and really cleaned up the city during the last couple of years. I hate to see him go. Charlotte got a good one.

You guys are acting like dax ever says anything with a shred of evidence behind it…

You guys are acting like dax ever says anything with a shred of evidence behind it...

Hence my rebuttal above. Unless he has sources within the Richmond City Council…

[QUOTE=VA49er;320235]Where did you hear this? I live right outside of Richmond and everyone I’ve talked to is pretty much bummed Monroe is leaving. He’s done great in Richmond and really cleaned up the city during the last couple of years. I hate to see him go. Charlotte got a good one.[/QUOTE]

Friend of mine who lives and works in the middle of downtown richmond told me this after i enlightened her that we hired him as our new police chief.

My friend works in the emergency room at a hospital in downtown richmond. she says she sees at least 10 gang related shootings a night, at the minimum.

Powerbait, can it. Are your tights getting in a wad again? you just like to instigate stuff for the fun of it.

Friend of mine who lives and works in the middle of downtown richmond told me this after i enlightened her that we hired him as our new police chief.

My friend works in the emergency room at a hospital in downtown richmond. she says she sees at least 10 gang related shootings a night, at the minimum.

Powerbait, can it. Are your tights getting in a wad again? you just like to instigate stuff for the fun of it.

Ten gang related shootings a night? Why aren’t they using fluffy fingers?

clt says that this is the comment of the year.

clt also endorses michael scorn.

How long has your friend worked in Richmond? I ask b/c 10 gang shootings a night isn’t news there. It used to be worse. Richmond sits on the intersection of I-64 East heading from one of the largest ports along the entire atlantic coast, to I-95 which runs from Miami North through Maine to Canada, this leads to a huge drug trafficking problem and gang related problems.

[QUOTE=dax;320243]Friend of mine who lives and works in the middle of downtown richmond told me this after i enlightened her that we hired him as our new police chief.

Powerbait, can it. Are your tights getting in a wad again? you just like to instigate stuff for the fun of it.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;320242]Hence my rebuttal above. Unless he has sources within the Richmond City Council…[/QUOTE]

Yeah no doubt playa.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;320248]How long has your friend worked in Richmond? I ask b/c 10 gang shootings a night isn’t news there. It used to be worse. Richmond sits on the intersection of I-64 East heading from one of the largest ports along the entire atlantic coast, to I-95 which runs from Miami North through Maine to Canada, this leads to a huge drug trafficking problem and gang related problems.[/QUOTE]

she’s worked there for about 5 years.

[QUOTE=dax;320243]Friend of mine who lives and works in the middle of downtown richmond told me this after i enlightened her that we hired him as our new police chief.

[/QUOTE]

Emergency room suck period. All I can tell you is the Richmond crime rate is the lowest it’s been in 25+ years and a big reason is/was the police chief. The rate has decreased dramatically since he took over. I’m sure there are those that don’t think highly of him though as he can’t please everybody. I can tell you that just from watching the local news and listening to local radio the majority see this a rather large loss for Richmond. Anyways, I don’t live in Richmond but work there and occasional eat downtown. Not a bad town, not even compared to 7 years ago.

[QUOTE=VA49er;320266]Emergency room suck period. All I can tell you is the Richmond crime rate is the lowest it’s been in 25+ years and a big reason is/was the police chief. The rate has decreased dramatically since he took over. I’m sure there are those that don’t think highly of him though as he can’t please everybody. I can tell you that just from watching the local news and listening to local radio the majority see this a rather large loss for Richmond. Anyways, I don’t live in Richmond but work there and occasional eat downtown. Not a bad town, not even compared to 7 years ago.[/QUOTE]

i stand corrected. seems like he’ll do a good job here. hopefully he fixes the problems up in the university area because i’m getting tired of all the stuff happening up there.

Hey guys, I know it’s been awhile since I’ve posted here, but I’m the Citizens on Patrol Coordinator for the CMPD…while my people have no powers of arrest, they do patrol the University Area and can serve as a bit of a deterrent just by driving through. As a Niner alum, I definitely look out for my people, so just let me know what specific areas you’re concerned about and I’ll be sure to add them to my volunteers’ hot spot list.

Yankee, just keep kait safe. The guys on here can fend for themselves.

Seriously, you could serve as a great go-between if the folks living in the apartments around th campus will PM you with some problem areas.