Charles Dewhurst - 2006

Are we recruiting him? The Big O had a blurb on him in this morning’s edition:

Charles Dewhurst leads Charlotte Latin in scoring (20.3), rebounding (8.8), field goal shooting (55 percent) and free throw shooting (70 percent).

Link: Prep Sports

Rivals.com: Charles Dewhurst

Rivals list his college choices as Stanford, Davidson, UNC Wilmington, and Penn State.

I don’t think so, we have been mentioned though I think and he is a top 150. There is a least one thread on him with more details.

I see in the Big O that Charlotte Latin (F Charles Dewhurst) is at Providence Day (G Jeremy Goode) tonight (Feb. 1).

From a game in January, Latin’s Dewhurst had the following stats in a win over Weddington:

17 points
16 rebounds
3 assists
3 blocks
3 steals

Not bad. If I didn’t have a prior commitment, I’d head over to PDS to watch the game. I suspect I’d see a Niner coach or assistant there.

Looks like Dewhurst had a decent game versus Providence Day and Goode:

17 points
9 rebounds
7 assists

If this guy is going to stay “home”, then it needs to be at Charlotte, not Davidson.

GO NINERS!!!

Saw Dewhurst(and Goode- see his thread) play tonight(Friday) against Providence Day(at Latin). Latin won in OT 79-78.

He is a solid 6-5/6-6 and has a long slender body type with long arms. Has a nice game and likes to drive more than shot(passed up and few open outside shots/3’s). He is more of a small/wing forward than a shooting guard. Had about 23 pts. with 1 or 2 threes and hit 2 ft to win the game with 4 seconds left.

He is good enough to play at a mid major college and would not be surprise if he gets a shot at a high major.

On the day that the Observer didn’t even list him among the top 10 local juniors, the Big O printed this…

[b]Latin forward Charles Dewhurst has 108 points, 34 rebounds and 10 assists in his past three games.[/b]

Link: High School Gameday

According to this morning’s Observer, the Niners have offered.

[b]Charlotte Latin's Charles Dewhurst has received scholarship offers from [b]Charlotte[/b] and South Carolina, coach Jerry Faulkner said. Dewhurst, a 6-foot-5 junior, averaged 20.6 points and 9.4 rebounds.

He was an CISAA all-conference and NCISAA all-state selection.[/b]

Link: Charlotte Observer - Prep Sports

[i]Originally posted by run49er[/i]@Apr 22 2005, 09:54 AM [b] According to this morning's Observer, the Niners have offered.
[b]Charlotte Latin's Charles Dewhurst has received scholarship offers from [b]Charlotte[/b] and South Carolina, coach Jerry Faulkner said. Dewhurst, a 6-foot-5 junior, averaged 20.6 points and 9.4 rebounds.

He was an CISAA all-conference and NCISAA all-state selection.[/b]

Link: Charlotte Observer - Prep Sports [/b]

I saw that. Run, you’re all over it. :thumbsup:

I’ll get it updated on the 2006 Recruiting update thread.

This morning’s Observer reports that St. Bonaventure has made an offer to Dewhurst.

High School Notes

Just came across this about Dewhurst from an Observer piece back in February that I don’t recall reading. Now I know why Stanford is on his list…

[b]When his family moved from tiny Ojai, Calif., to Charlotte when he was in sixth grade, Charlotte Latin forward Charles Dewhurst faced a lot of challenges.

He had to make new friends. He had to learn a new school, and he grew up a Stanford fan, but folks around Charlotte wanted to talk about North Carolina and Duke.

“At first it was a tough transition,” said Dewhurst, a 6-foot-5 junior forward, “but basketball-wise I came to appreciate it. Its helped me so much because the competition is so much better.”[/b]

Link to entire story: Sportsline.com

[NOTE: VIP is a Sportsline “extra” that I don’t subscribe to and the story is now in the Observer archives and that requires a purchase]

From everything I seen, we are the only ones that have offer/are on the list for him. Also, he has dropped out of the rival top 150.

[i]Originally posted by pcon[/i]@Aug 10 2005, 04:59 PM [b] From everything I seen, we are the only ones that have offer/are on the list for him. Also, he has dropped out of the rival top 150. [/b]
He also has offers from South Carolina and St. Bonaventure.

bizzump! looks like he has committed!

Are we recruiting Goode? Does this help our chances of getting him???

does this mean we are off mike jones?

[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er[/i]@Sep 7 2005, 05:31 PM [b] Are we recruiting Goode? Does this help our chances of getting him??? [/b]
Jeremy Goode is at Providence Day. We're good at PG and SG now unless there's a top notch kid still out there we can land. Need big men!!!

As for Dewhurst, it came down to USC and us.

Definitely an undervalued player. The kid can play. Nice of Faulkner to finally steer one our way.

I am having a hard time seeing how we fit these pieces together. Tatum and Dewhurst are basically the same player (positionwise). I don’t know how Ian Anderson is going to fit in the picture now either, but dewhurst and anderson are two kids i havent heard much about at all. (anderson until recently).

**I would have added a pic of dewhurst if my internet werent being just completely terrible