Charles Dewhurst - 2006

just saw the box score on charlotte.com, Also saw that demontez stitt of butler had 18. Isn’t hunter Huss supposed to be a really good team this year?

put up 29 points last night in a loss to Ashbrook. Both teams are in the Sweet 16 of the Charlotte Observer.

Feb. 10th, a Friday at 7:30 they will be playing at our good friends Providence Day. I doubt Dewhurst puts up a triple double, but I really think the guy would love a huge niner turnout.

Dewhurst was in the house. Did anyone else see him, and did he get into the game any?

Some guys in 104 attempted to start a chant for him. Didn’t seem as though 105 caught on though.

Did anyone go to the game Friday night? I got pulled into something else and couldnt make it.

Yeah i was at the game Friday against PDS.He fouled out with about 2 minutes left in the game.I seen him play twice and he fouled out in both games.Most of his fouls were charges.He doesn’t shot threes but he has good form on his shot so shooting want be a problem if he works hard at it.He handles the ball well.He is decent player.I don’t know how much he will help next year.I will be there Tuesday when they play Charlotte Christian

Langston Wertz’s thoughts on Dewhurst’s potential from Q&A on charlotte.com:

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/high_school/qa_forum.html?forumId=592&mode=display&action=&type=list&pageNo=2

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;154720]Langston Wertz’s thoughts on Dewhurst’s potential from Q&A on charlotte.com:

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/high_school/qa_forum.html?forumId=592&mode=display&action=&type=list&pageNo=2[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Dewhurst is going to better with better players around him. He’s asked to do a lot right now and he’s not a 25-30 points per game guy I don’t think.

In college, I think he’ll blossom. He’s been well coached, has great fundamentals and a much better 3-point stroke than you’ve probably seen. AAU coaches rave about him playing 2 and 3. I think he’ll be solid for the 49ers. I do not know about all the Jobey Thomas comparisions I’ve been hearing. Jobey was a better prep player, but Charles isn’t far off. And best of all, Lutz is getting a good kid in Charles. I love that most of all.
Langston Wertz 2/15/06[/QUOTE]

I tell ya. Langston is doing a greeat job of covering Charlotte preps and communicating with the readers. He’s also been real positive about the Niners and recruiting, which is great to see as well. :thumbsup:

Dewhurst scored 31 to lead Latin over Providence Day in the first round of the State playoffs. They play Charlotte Christian tonight.

where is the game?

Greensboro Day School, 8:30. Apparently, all State tourney games for their classification are there.

Taken from the latest rivals article:

With his high school season done, Dewhurst plans to work hard now for next season. That will consist of heading over to Charlotte to play pickup games with his future teammates regularly and doing the intense workouts that Charlotte assistants give him to stay in shape.

“I was just there playing with them this weekend,” Dewhurst said. “I saw Mike Beasley when I was leaving, but I didn’t really get to talk with him. I thought I did pretty well in the games, but it’s just back to work for me now.”

Was Co-MVP of the high school pro am game at Providence Day today that featured most of the best Charlotte area seniors- private school players (and one guy from NW Guilford) vs the public school players. Dewhurst had 17 pts and about 12-14 rebounds in about 20-25 mins.

The private school team crushed the public school. 111-82 (or something like that).
The private school team had Brandis Raley (USC), D. Mack, Curry, Goode, Dewhurst, Jerry Hollis. Ish and Jamie Skeen didn’t play though.

Was Co-MVP of the high school pro am game at Providence Day today that featured most of the best Charlotte area seniors- private school players (and one guy from NW Guilford) vs the public school players. Dewhurst had 17 pts and about 12-14 rebounds in about 20-25 mins.

The private school team crushed the public school. 111-82 (or something like that).
The private school team had Brandis Raley (USC), D. Mack, Curry, Goode, Dewhurst, Jerry Hollis. Ish and Jamie Skeen didn’t play though.

i wish i would have known about this

Were you at the game pcon? How did Dewhurst score and how would you compare him to Raley, Mack, and Curry? I guess Dewhurst is more of a 2/3 but what do you think?

He scored most of his point by going toward the basket and getting fouled in the process (seem to hit all his FT 6 or 8). He’s more of a 3 and still didn’t see enough of a shot for him to play the 2. His game is just as good as the mentioned players. Raley is solid and should do fine at USC. Curry should be a solid 6 man/good spark of the bench at Davisdon. Mack should work good in the Fla. system, but is more of 3 than 2- great ath. ability but the shot is not solid. Mack=Grier.

Thanks pcon.
Hopefully Dewhurst will play in McInnis’ league this summer so I can catch him in action.

[URL=http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/high_school/14300815.htm]East-West game story and scoring[/URL]

Some good quotes from Charles. Says he ended up with 19 to lead all scorers. Nothing on his other stats.

yeah i’ve played against him, he’s sick.