Charlie Coley - 2007 sf/pf

Charlie Coley, 6’7, 210 lb small forward is hearing from Charlotte, along with Arizona, Auburn, KSU, Mizzo, Oklahoma State, Saint Johns, Texas A&M, UNLV, and Bradley.

He is the 4th rated JUCO overall.

Links? I like to click on things.

December story on Missouri board. I’m looking for others.[URL=http://charlotte.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=618053]http://charlotte.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=618053[/URL]

[QUOTE]Coley, who may be the best juco athlete in the country, is leading the way, averaging 12.8 points and 10.4 rebounds per night. He is getting high-major interest from the likes of Auburn, Arizona, Kansas, Texas A&M and Oklahoma State, in addition to the Tigers.
[/QUOTE]

He is the 4th rated JUCO overall.

:tumble:

Thanks Lefty

per scout.com

[QUOTE]The 6-foot-7 Coley averaged 11.7 points and 10 rebounds with 101 blocked shots (more than three a game) in helping lead Dodge City to a 23-10 record last season. He shot 57 percent from the field and 40 percent from behind the three-point arc. Although 11.7 points doesn’t sound like a lot what people have to take into consideration that the Conquistadors had five players average in double figures last season, and a sixth came off the bench to score better than nine points a game.

“Charlie was in contention with two other players for the Street & Smith’s national junior college player of the year. He’s arguably the most athletic junior college player in the nation,” Hoberecht said of the West Palm Beach, Fla., native with a 41-inch vertical jump.

“He’s an outstanding athlete, bouncy. He has the ability to score, pass and create for his other teammates. He’s a young man with very high character and that’s one reason I think he’s developed into the player he has because he wants to be the best,” the Dodge City head coach continued
Coley’s strength as a player is “his ability to rebound,” Hoberecht said. “There are not a lot of kids in the country who can go get 10 rebounds a game as a freshman. His athleticism allows him to separate himself from others. He can go a little higher and is a little quicker than the other guy when he wants to.

“I call him a 6-7 combo forward. He has the ability to play on the perimeter facing the basket or go down on the block and score. He’s still developing a guard’s mentality to get by people and explode to the basket, because he’s spent most of his career playing inside. At 6-7, handling the ball is not natural to him, but he’s really worked on it and made himself better.

“He’s a highlight film in transition. He has the ability in transition to make plays, and really do some exciting things.”

Although Street & Smith’s did not select Coley as its preseason player of the year, the magazine did name him to its first-team Super Sophomores squad.[/QUOTE]

Charlie Coley

Forward

6’8"

Dodge City Community College

Up, up, up, up. That’s Charlie Coley still rising in the air as this high flying forward dunks all over a defender.

But now Coley brings a whole lot more to the table as he was a freshman at Dodge City Community College in Kansas this past year.

He is an extremely athletic rebounder/shot blocker and long. Coley was the only Freshman named to the NJCAA Region VI Division I All-Region First Team. He averaged 11.7 points, 9.3 rebounds and 3.1 blocks per game. He also shot 42.4% from beyond the arc. He will be playing next season (2006-2007) and completing his sophomore year at Dodge City CC in May 2007 in hopes of transferring thereafter to a Division I school in Florida.

With his sickening athletic ability and clearly improved outside game, Florida tops his lists of schools of interest.

pcon, when was that article released?

If anyone thinks Coley is just your typical, above-average, run of the mill JUCO type player, you are sorely mistaken. This guy is a STUD, and will start for whoever he plays for, immediately.

No sure. Some time last year…

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.inthezonemag.com/pics/4445c145a393f.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.inthezonemag.com/team/alumni.php&h=150&w=112&sz=5&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=JPl9Dlw3HJkaWM:&tbnh=96&tbnw=72&prev=/images%3Fq%3DCharlie%2BColey%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN

Chisox, I believe you are 100% correct. Kid sounds like a freak of nature…

“The Slam Dunk and Three Point Contests were featured on Sunday evening. Although, the Slam Dunk contest ended the night it will finish first in this article. Needless to say, it was a bit of a bore, even BreakDownMagazine’s Brionne Gillion, a judge for the contest, seemed bored with the entire contest. The first round did not offer much as more dunks were missed than made. The second round offered a few made dunks. The eventual winner, Wasihngton Union’s Dwight O’Neil, threw one off the wall, jumped over a trash can, and had a nice behind the basket 3 step dunk that showed a good variety. The only challenger was John I. Leonard’s Charlie Coley. [B]This young kid is a high riser. He went before O’Neil and cleared a chair on top of a desk that had to be 45” tall. [/B]He cleared the combination with ease and threw the ball through the rim with some authority. He inspired the entire crowd and even caused Brionne to rise up from his chair as well as the entire gym out of their seats. Coley would have won the contest if he would have followed O’Neil. O’Neil’s final round dunks were pretty much mimics of Coley’s. The behind the basket dunk led the judges to give O’Neil an 8 point total higher than Coley’s. "

http://www.powerbasketball.com/122703.html

This is the one I want, forget the transfers and all that. Bring the excitement.

unless that transfer is patrick beverly or alonzo gee.

unless that transfer is patrick beverly or alonzo gee.

doubt alabama allows him to leave.

Wow, I like what I hear. Sounds like he would be a nice addition to the team Lutz is building. Anybody know if we are pursuing or have offered?

[QUOTE=ChevEE;229277]Wow, I like what I hear. Sounds like he would be a nice addition to the team Lutz is building. Anybody know if we are pursuing or have offered?[/QUOTE]

I assume you were talking about Coley. Check his [URL=http://jucojunction.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=56221&sport=2]Rivals Profile [/URL] now. Charlotte offered and visit set for 4/6 - 4/8 according to his coach. Not sure if you can see it without a subscription.

beverly said he wasn’t going to transfer

:wow:
Kid’s a freak. Hope we land him. It’ll be tough going against O$U. They can throw alot of money his way.

Update from Jucojunction.com:

[QUOTE]Charlie Coley: (SO) 6-foot-7 (205) from West Palm Beach, FL. Coley is 4/3 man with freakish hops. The two-time All-Region Player averaged 12.7 ppg and 8.7 rebounds this season for the Conqs.

“Charlie is a great teammate and a very team orientated player,” said Hobrecht.

Charlie took a official visit in the fall to Florida International. Coley plans on visiting Charlotte - April 6-8 , Bradley - April 13-15 and possibly Louisville April 20-22. Alabama and Kansas State are also showing interest on him. [/QUOTE]

I have learned my lesson about getting too excited about jucos before I see them on the court, but I really like what I read about this kid. Sounds like an amazing athlete.