Charlotte 49ers Athletic Facilities Master Plan discussion

And indoor facilities aren’t full length surfaces.

The floodplains are obvious but what are the regions in Cyan?

Whole thing represents the floodplain. The cross-marked area represents permanent wetland areas.

An additional practice field would have to go into the area northeast of the Kulwicki Motorsports Center. Per the 2010 Masterplan there doesn’t seem to be a creek or a ridge line in that area. Such a facility would obviously displace any planned academic building for that site.

clt says the belk tower site is 1.24 acres. plenty of room

1 Like
1 Like

unfortunately our cornhole breakdown is going to seriously hamper any fund-raising efforts. hate to be the one to point this out.

1 Like

The corhole team needs an IPF!!!

Time to build another parking deck.

More on this.

Plan should be DONE by mid-Summer. Then they will need to strategize & plan out the priorities/phases.

clt bets there are bricks. so many bricks.

Priority 1: stadium expansion. Prioritt 2: IPF priority 3: Halton modernization. Priority 4: everything else.

1 Like

I’m in a similar boat as well with that order. I would personally like to see baseball get a video board though. Spruce up the game day experience a little and be more on par with peer ball parks.

Agree with the Halton comments as well…it’s nice, but needs updating. In this day and age, stadiums/arenas need luxury seating options. Just my wishes, but i would like to remove the track and add some kind of luxury options, doesnt necessarily have to put in suites, but some kind of terrace or royal box setup. With the removal of the track, could reconfigure the seating and I would also put in a 360 ribbon video board. It would be cool if they could put a norm’s tavern in halton too. Concourses need some modernization too, just doesn’t feel exciting when I walk in.

I agree with the order, but I will say that I feel like the focus has been so concentrated on stadium expansion that people have forgotten about how badly Halton needs to be modernized. If we want coaches to be successful (and the gameday experience to be enjoyable) we need to keep pace in this department. Not only does it drive people to games, but it matters to recruits, etc. Halton upgrades are pretty desperately needed. On reflection, I might put it before an IPF in the order of need (I’d prefer just to have all three items knocked out).

It’ll be interesting if softball continues to have parity with baseball. In the BH Era, anytime baseball got something like lights, there was screaming to get the same across the road.

Not a hater, but softball needs to A) win some games, and B) raise their own money like baseball if they want equal funding.

Actually it was more than parity, baseball would often raise the money on their own while softball pulled from the budget. The indoor bating cage is all the investment that softball needs for a long while unless we get a conference upgrade. I would like to baseball get a new scoreboard, and to make every game Bark and Park haha.

1 Like

Suites are cool, I think it’d be neat to have, but I truly don’t understand the obsession with them. We spend millions of dollars to build them and 99% of the fanbase never sees the inside of them. If we are good and have a winning product, I think we use them to generate some revenue, but we are not the Panthers or the Hornets. I’d rather have the money spent to make Halton as modern and accessible and enjoyable to the fans as possible than build out luxury suites that sit empty most games.

Corporate money. There is a reason 90% of D1 schools have luxury boxes and/or seating in their arenas and stadiums. This is the LARGEST area we have lagged behind in, in my opinion (for years/decades).