Charlotte 49ers Athletic Facilities Master Plan discussion

I agree on the # of seats vs WKU, but I have never been inside their stadium to see what kinds of suites etc they have.

They do have premium seating though. Of that point I am sure.

I think they’re in the same stratosphere in terms of facilities, regardless of those points.

I don’t think 21k is an AAC stadium. It’s what got ODU left out of AAC consideration.

This announcement is HUGE!!! I hope it hets the press and media attention it deserves. Each of us need to share in social media, text messages and general discussions. This should be a catalyst for our progression.

4 Likes

Yep, that is part of the original design that I liked as well, especially how it matched the existing architectural design of the Judy Rose football center and the proposed outer high rise bleacher structure, it gave the stadium more of a coliseum look instead a modern design

I’ve always thought shutting sports down for a year and having an AD constantly whining publicly about travel for them left out of aac consideration.

3 Likes

Everyone that can, log on right now and donate to the project of your choice (or all of them). I’m starting will football expansion, will probably hit baseball next. Big button in the middle of the page that says “give now”

https://charlotteevergreen.com/?fbclid=IwAR1BGa67biRW1-mF6xrUnHV62JNB-RJl2YRQTldZUIAne2EMyw8IHAlCMQ0

5 Likes

Thank you Mike Hill and athletic department staff for releasing a plan that can excite and inspire us fans!

7 Likes

Marvel Studios GIF by Disney+

Their stadium renovation which was expensive but limited in scope telegraphed their aspirations then their COVID actions confirmed it.

Pretty sure ODU tapped out their resources to rebuild the stadium as well.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: AAC Facilities News :stadium: