Charlotte 49ers Bobbleheads

I have been looking for a Jobey forever and would be willing to pay for one. There is one on Ebay now but $25 plus $10 shipping is a little more than I would want to spend.

Diego bobblehead on ebay nowā€¦

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-UNC-Charlotte-Diego-Guevara-Bobble-Head_W0QQitemZ310013471971QQihZ021QQcategoryZ73424QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

[QUOTE=Niner89;281942] It would be cool if the sponsors start this bobblehead as reward program again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but Iā€™d rather see the sponsors invest in the 49er Pride Rewards Program.

Plus, there are only so many people (especially in mens basketball) that you can bobble. Of course, some might consider it a recruiting toolā€¦

Coach Lutz: ā€œCome play basketball for me at Charlotte. You get to shoot as many 3ā€™s as you want and, if you stay 4 years, each member of the senior class gets their own bobblehead.ā€

Recruit: " My own bobbleā€¦cool, gimme a pen".

Of course, there are some additional people around campus (John Maine?) who could generate bobble interest. But from a sponsorā€™s perspective, Iā€™m not sure how many others there really are.

SIDENOTE: Last week, I was in the office of someone who contributed to the baseball stadium. One of his perks was a cool replica of the new baseball stadium. Kinda small---- but it was pretty darn neat. Maybe a replica of Halton Arena would be an ideal perk for someone who attends 13 or 18 basketball games next season.

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;282193]

SIDENOTE: Last week, I was in the office of someone who contributed to the baseball stadium. One of his perks was a cool replica of the new baseball stadium. Kinda small---- but it was pretty darn neat. Maybe a replica of Halton Arena would be an ideal perk for someone who attends 13 or 18 basketball games next season.[/QUOTE]

I have one of those in my office, and would love to have one of Halton!!! Great Idea!!

SIDENOTE: Last week, I was in the office of someone who contributed to the baseball stadium. One of his perks was a cool replica of the new baseball stadium. Kinda small---- but it was pretty darn neat. Maybe a replica of Halton Arena would be an ideal perk for someone who attends 13 or 18 basketball games next season.

Iā€™m a big replica fan. That would be really cool. Probably should be limited to those that attend the perfect attendance party though.

[QUOTE=kevinharbin;282199]Iā€™m a big replica fan. That would be really cool. Probably should be limited to those that are invited to the perfect attendance party though.[/QUOTE]

fixed.

I know the dates well in advance for the games. But donā€™t know the date of the perfect attendance party.

How far in advance was the perfect attendance party date announced last year?

I would be pissed off if I attended all games (men and women) on the rewards schedule, but had a schedule conflict when the date of the perfect attendance party was announced. For students, it probably not as big a deal ā€” but those in the working world, at least in my job, it is common to have to make committments up to 2 weeks in advance.

fixed.

I know the dates well in advance for the games. But donā€™t know the date of the perfect attendance party.

How far in advance was the perfect attendance party date announced last year?

I would be pissed off if I attended all games (men and women) on the rewards schedule, but had a schedule conflict when the date of the perfect attendance party was announced. For students, it probably not as big a deal ā€” but those in the working world, at least in my job, it is common to have to make committments up to 2 weeks in advance.

You donā€™t get any of the door prizes if you donā€™t attend either. I would expect this to be a pretty limited give-away.

[QUOTE=kevinharbin;282217]You donā€™t get any of the door prizes if you donā€™t attend either. I would expect this to be a pretty limited give-away.[/QUOTE]

ā€œOh, boy ā€¦I have to go to the party. I might be one of 4 or 5 people who could get a replica of Haltonā€

As hypothetical as this is, it has gotten WAY PAST my original intent.

My original intent: if someone attended ALL GAMES on the rewards program schedule, give them a scale model of Halton instead of a baseball jersey.

Now, if you want to delute this and say its an exclusive gift for those who are attend the perfect attendance party OR those who happen to win a door prize at the perfect attendance party, that is certainly your choice.

But I think that would miss the point ---- IMO, the point is getting butts in seats at games ---- NOT getting butts in seats at a party.

I guess we will just disagree.

There was a Norm one on Ebay last year and it went high. I was hoping to snatch it but it was way above what I wanted to spend. Still would like to get my hands on one.

any update on this thread or just 49er collectibles in generalā€¦
-What I would really like is autographed basketballā€¦ I saw they had one on ebay a couple years backā€¦anybody on here lucky enough to buy that?

[QUOTE=Jersey Niner32;295855]any update on this thread or just 49er collectibles in generalā€¦
-What I would really like is autographed basketballā€¦ I saw they had one on ebay a couple years backā€¦anybody on here lucky enough to buy that?[/QUOTE]

Yes, itā€™s sitting in my office.

The boys were ranked 18th in the country that year!

I snagged a Norm bobble head of Ebay last month. Sitting proudly on my shelf now!

[QUOTE=Jersey Niner32;295855]any update on this thread or just 49er collectibles in generalā€¦
-What I would really like is autographed basketballā€¦ I saw they had one on ebay a couple years backā€¦anybody on here lucky enough to buy that?[/QUOTE] I bought two from the rodney white year and I got one myself from mthe Jarvis Lang year.

Iā€™d trade the bball for bobbleheads if anyone is interested. I think Iā€™ve got Jobey, Lutz and Cornbread

Tintin

Last week there was a Jarvis Lang bobblehead at the University City Goodwill store. It looked OK but I didnā€™t see a price. Hell, nothingā€™s more than $5 there.

Last week there was a Jarvis Lang bobblehead at the University City Goodwill store. It looked OK but I didn't see a price. Hell, nothing's more than $5 there.

Where is the University City Goodwill storeā€¦ in relation to the campusā€¦ Goodwillā€™s always fun to kill a day at.

[QUOTE=Jersey Niner32;295888]Where is the University City Goodwill storeā€¦ in relation to the campusā€¦ Goodwillā€™s always fun to kill a day at.[/QUOTE]

Hwy 49, 1/4 mile north of I-485.

Yeah, I got a fine lava lamp for under $5.

TinTin do you have a bball or are you wanting oneā€¦ if you have a ball i have Eddie, Lang, Demarco, & Jobeyā€¦

Just curious, how much do those bobbleheads go for?

I have been going to the SLU-Charlotte games for years and they always seem to hand out bobbleheads at those games. So I have quite a few of them.

[QUOTE=tarheelbilliken;296479]Just curious, how much do those bobbleheads go for?

I have been going to the SLU-Charlotte games for years and they always seem to hand out bobbleheads at those games. So I have quite a few of them.[/QUOTE]

Depends on the bidding and which one it is on ebay but it is usually from 10-25 per bobblehead. Sometimes it gets crazy and I have seen them go for $50. Unfortunately the Clay Aiken ones probably go the highest.

Well I would like to thank everyone who assisted as I have now secured every bobblehead produced by UNCC and have a complete collection, except for Mr. Aiken. Iā€™m really not to concerned about that one, but if anyone has an extra I would get it just to complete the collection. My Bobblehead display is awesome I must add. If anyone needs a display case let me know as this guy did great work!