Charlotte Baseball - Week of March 10th

[font=arial][size=small]Well, our early season struggles are alive and well. After dropping a mid-week game to UNCA, we were swept in our first C-USA series by the now 14-1 FIU Panthers. It’s not going to get any easier either. There are two mid-week games before heading on the road to play MTSU, who took one of three from UAB this past weekend.[/size][/font]

[font=arial][size=small]Charlotte 2-10-1 (0-3)[/size][/font]
[font=arial][size=small]RPI: 175[/size][/font]
[font=arial][size=small]SOS: 22[/size][/font]

[font=arial]C-[size=small]USA RPI: 11th[/size][/font]

[font=arial][size=small]Upcoming games:[/size][/font]
[font=arial][size=small]Tuesday: vs VCU at 4 pm. 12-2 RPI: 24[/size][/font]
[font=arial][size=small]Wednesday: vs Liberty at 4 pm. 11-6 RPI 93[/size][/font]
[font=arial][size=small]Friday: @ MTSU at 7 pm. 5-9 (1-2) RPI 132[/size][/font]
[font=arial][size=small]Saturday: @ MTSU at 5 pm.[/size][/font]
[font=arial][size=small]Sunday: @ MTSU at 2 pm.[/size][/font]

Playing this tough of a schedule will only make us better in the long run, but it sure sucks going through the growing pains right now.

VCU is off to their best start in program history and have beaten ECU and GT this season already. They were the only team to beat us in a series at the Hayes last year while we were in the A-10.

Liberty has beaten an SEC team (Mizzou) and an ACC team (Duke) this season, after finishing as runner up to South Carolina in the Columbia Regional last year. They have a 2-way player Ashton Perritt who is a top 100 prospect and pre-season All American. He plays OF and closes out of the bullpen.

MTSU is a lower level C-USA team. We will see how we stack up.

When can a casual fan come to see a game we have a chance in hell at being close in?

Almost all of them have been CLOSE-------except the FIU games.

If you are going to come to any games this year, I would say coming out when we host ECU. That Saturday will be a fun environment.

I don’t like baseball. Still had a great time at FIU game.

I don’t like baseball. Still had a great time at FIU game.[/quote]

You did seem to be enjoying yourself, lol.

GAME Notes:

http://www.charlotte49ers.com//pdf9/2657421.pdf?ATCLID=209430671&SPSID=363421&SPID=44796&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=23200

Freshman Brandon Vogler will make his first career start on Tuesday against the Rams. Vogler has appeared in two relief appearances this season with his last coming on Saturday in game one against #21 FIU. In his 0.2 innings, Vogler recorded a strikeout for one of his two outs. In his first appearance of the year, Vogler went two innings against Canisius in the series-finale giving up three runs, all unearned, on three hits with a walk and strikeout. The freshman combined to go 14-4 with 153 strikeouts in 111 innings at Reagan HS in Lewisville.

[font=verdana][size=1em]Brandon’s father Mark,was on the very 1st Niner baseball team.[/size][/font]

[font=verdana][size=1em]We will be facing the same pitcher from VCU, Daniel Conception, that shut out ECU last week.[/size][/font]

Hibbs is doing the coaches show tonight if you any questions about our struggles.

Thanks for the info. I will try to listen.

Walk-off 2 run homer by Corbin Shive to beat VCU 5-4. What a way to end the losing streak! Big time for Shive who had been struggling this year.

Hope we can build on this.

Just what the doctor ordered…I hope.

Third base ump makes horrendous call on a steal attempt, leading to a 4 run inning for them. First base ump gives us back 1 on horrendous call. VCU error lets tying run on to start the ninth and
their closer gives up a game losing gopher ball. Ah, memories of the A10.

Good to finally get another win. Let’s beat the Falwells and take a series in Tenn. this weekend.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:13, topic:28681”]Third base ump makes horrendous call on a steal attempt, leading to a 4 run inning for them. First base ump gives us back 1 on horrendous call. VCU error lets tying run on to start the ninth and

Good to finally get another win. Let’s beat the Falwells and take a series in Tenn. this weekend.[/quote]

Not only that. Not only did I call the HR, but I told 4everNiner exactly where it would clear the fence.

[quote=“49r9r, post:14, topic:28681”][quote=“4ever niner, post:13, topic:28681”]Third base ump makes horrendous call on a steal attempt, leading to a 4 run inning for them. First base ump gives us back 1 on horrendous call. VCU error lets tying run on to start the ninth and

Good to finally get another win. Let’s beat the Falwells and take a series in Tenn. this weekend.[/quote]

Not only that. Not only did I call the HR, but I told 4everNiner exactly where it would clear the fence.[/quote] Lucky guess! ;D You Tube or it never happened

Hate that I couldn’t be there today. It’s nice to have the winless streak over with and with a quality win at that. I hope the weather cooperates so we can keep it going tomorrow. Let’s see if these guys don’t loosen up a bit now.

Tomorrow’s game vs LU cancelled due to impending weather. :frowning:

They already cancelled it? Weather.com says possible rain in the morning, clearing in the afternoon, with wind at 20-30 and possible wind gusts of 40 mph. That wind could make for some interesting moments at the baseball game, but it looks like no rain at game time.

Tomorrow’s Forecast:

[i]Windy. Showers early with clearing later in the day. High around 75F. Winds SSW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 60%. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph[/i]

They already cancelled it? Weather.com says possible rain in the morning, clearing in the afternoon, with wind at 20-30 and possible wind gusts of 40 mph. That wind could make for some interesting moments at the baseball game, but it looks like no rain at game time.

Tomorrow’s Forecast:

[i]Windy. Showers early with clearing later in the day. High around 75F. Winds SSW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 60%. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph[/i]
[/quote]

Might have more to do with them traveling to and from during it.

[quote=“49erAlumnus, post:17, topic:28681”]Tomorrow’s game vs LU cancelled due to impending weather. :([/quote] The Falwells think this a sign from God that our campus has too many gays.