Charlotte Baseball - Week of March 10th

If that is true, then maybe CHP is getting his wish because it means we are getting more and more like UNC-chapel hill.

Great day. Hibbs needed that

Any idiot can drive in rain. LU is p&ssy to cancel before they even see this afternoon’s weather.

It has been a rough season so far but a few things give me hope moving forward.

Our SOS is now at 10 and we have definitely played some good teams. It may be early for this but our current RPI has us in the middle of the pack in C-USA at 129.

MTSU is a lower half C-USA team, so hopefully we can take the series there this weekend and get moving in the right direction.

ECU lost 3-0 to the same VCU pitcher we faced yesterday. They have also been struggling of late, losing their opening C-USA series to Marshall and losing to UNCG last night. Next weekend’s series looks to be more evenly matched than I thought.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:24, topic:28681”]It has been a rough season so far but a few things give me hope moving forward.

Our SOS is now at 10 and we have definitely played some good teams. It may be early for this but our current RPI has us in the middle of the pack in C-USA at 129.

MTSU is a lower half C-USA team, so hopefully we can take the series there this weekend and get moving in the right direction.

ECU lost 3-0 to the same VCU pitcher we faced yesterday. They have also been struggling of late, losing their opening C-USA series to Marshall and losing to UNCG last night. Next weekend’s series looks to be more evenly matched than I thought.[/quote]
Excellent. I knew SOS was good, but not that good.

The Niners travel to MTSU this weekend for the 1st C-USA road trip of the season.

Here is a look at their facility.

Reese Smith Jr. Field is a baseball venue located on the campus of Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, USA. The park was built in 1979 and has a capacity of 2,600 people. It was renovated in 1989.

http://www.goblueraiders.com/content.cfm/id/167

Looks much newer than that.

Nothing special, but not a bad looking facility at all.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:26, topic:28681”]The Niners travel to MTSU this weekend for the 1st C-USA road trip of the season.

Reese Smith Jr. Field is a baseball venue located on the campus of Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, USA. The park was built in 1979 and has a capacity of 2,600 people. It was renovated in 1989.

http://www.goblueraiders.com/content.cfm/id/167[/quote] Can’t tell how big the screen behind home is or even if there is one.
We might get us a foul ball, UH HUH.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:28, topic:28681”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:26, topic:28681”]The Niners travel to MTSU this weekend for the 1st C-USA road trip of the season.

http://www.goblueraiders.com/content.cfm/id/167[/quote] Can’t tell how big the screen behind home is or even if there is one.
We might get us a foul ball, UH HUH.[/quote]Don’t be afraid to truck over a kid to get it too.

[quote=“moss2k, post:29, topic:28681”][quote=“4ever niner, post:28, topic:28681”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:26, topic:28681”]The Niners travel to MTSU this weekend for the 1st C-USA road trip of the season.

We might get us a foul ball, UH HUH.[/quote]Don’t be afraid to truck over a kid to get it too.[/quote]
truth…then berate the kid how the team needs it back

[quote=“metro, post:30, topic:28681”][quote=“moss2k, post:29, topic:28681”][quote=“4ever niner, post:28, topic:28681”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:26, topic:28681”]The Niners travel to MTSU this weekend for the 1st C-USA road trip of the season.

We might get us a foul ball, UH HUH.[/quote]Don’t be afraid to truck over a kid to get it too.[/quote]
truth…then berate the kid how the team needs it back[/quote]

Uh-huh. On the money.

funny thing about that stadium, some say our facilities are so incredible, and many 49er fans made fun of MTSU being in our league, when in fact their facitlities as a whole are better. A program 90% of NNN knew zilch about 12mo ago. All I’m saying is, our facilites are par for CUSA, not incredible (unless you play tennis, we did build Wimbleton I give you that)

[quote=“metro, post:32, topic:28681”]funny thing about that stadium, some say our facilities are so incredible, and many 49er fans made fun of MTSU being in our league, when in fact their facitlities as a whole are better. A program 90% of NNN knew zilch about 12mo ago. All I’m saying is, our facilites are par for CUSA, not incredible (unless you play tennis, we did build Wimbleton I give you that)[/quote] Didn’t Halton and Wagner give the money specifically to build our little Wimbledon with its tens of seats? It is a nice facility.

clt says our stadium is better.

Does ut-mtsu have indoor cages?

Let’s get this series started with a win! Hopefully we’ll have a little momentum building after the VCU game.

[quote=“cltniners, post:34, topic:28681”]clt says our stadium is better.

Does ut-mtsu have indoor cages?[/quote]

Yes.

October 24, 1998, saw many dreams become reality with the formal dedication of the newly-built Stephen B. Smith Clubhouse and Indoor Training Facility.

Perhaps the most impressive part of the facility is the second-to-none indoor training area located just off the locker room.

This large space features a clay floor with three mounds and two hitting cages for winter and early spring workouts. It also contains a weight room with conditioning equipment for baseball team use.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:36, topic:28681”][quote=“cltniners, post:34, topic:28681”]clt says our stadium is better.

Yes.

October 24, 1998, saw many dreams become reality with the formal dedication of the newly-built Stephen B. Smith Clubhouse and Indoor Training Facility.

Perhaps the most impressive part of the facility is the second-to-none indoor training area located just off the locker room.

This large space features a clay floor with three mounds and two hitting cages for winter and early spring workouts. It also contains a weight room with conditioning equipment for baseball team use.[/quote]

So if we put a metal building around our batting cages will that mean we have a second to none indoor training area?

[quote=“4ever niner, post:33, topic:28681”][quote=“metro, post:32, topic:28681”]funny thing about that stadium, some say our facilities are so incredible, and many 49er fans made fun of MTSU being in our league, when in fact their facitlities as a whole are better. A program 90% of NNN knew zilch about 12mo ago. All I’m saying is, our facilites are par for CUSA, not incredible (unless you play tennis, we did build Wimbleton I give you that)[/quote] Didn’t Halton and Wagner give the money specifically to build our little Wimbledon with its tens of seats? It is a nice facility.[/quote]Yes.

It seats 200 I believe. It’s a very nice facility, but I doubt it has ever even come close to filling up.

[quote=“mightymitchfan, post:37, topic:28681”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:36, topic:28681”][quote=“cltniners, post:34, topic:28681”]clt says our stadium is better.

Yes.

This large space features a clay floor with three mounds and two hitting cages for winter and early spring workouts. It also contains a weight room with conditioning equipment for baseball team use.[/quote]

So if we put a metal building around our batting cages will that mean we have a second to none indoor training area?[/quote]

I guess we would according to MTSU.

I think CCU’s has an entire infield doesn’t it?