Charlotte Baseball - Week of March 10th

Saturday is now a double header at MTSU beginning at 1 pm.

Yes, Their facility is very nice. Cages raise up and there is a full turf infield to use.

http://www.goccusports.com/facilities/hitting-practice-facility.html

nothing shows that we need a hitting facility better than this season

A lot of truth there.

A lot of truth there.[/quote] How much would a good indoor facility cost?

A metal shed building would run you about 200-300k. School isn’t going to build anything without it fitting into the aesthetic of campus so you’d have to tack on probably double.

Personally, I think they should build an indoor complex with batting and pitching cages, practice range for golf, and an indoor track and field.

Jobu say he do his part. Defense must back Jobu up.

The bats finally came to life. Down 6-0, we had a 2 run HR from Sherer and then a grand slam from Nichting to tie the game in the 8th Then we manufacture a run for them.

We have our 2 best guys going tomorrow so lets play some defense behind them and take the series.

A lot of truth there.[/quote] How much would a good indoor facility cost?[/quote]
CCU built theirs for $1.2 mill.

A lot of truth there.[/quote] How much would a good indoor facility cost?[/quote]
CCU built theirs for $1.2 mill.[/quote]Theirs was open-air concept right, so if we wanted something more on that level, cost would rise (walls/brick and HVAC system).

[quote=“CharSFNiners, post:46, topic:28681”]A metal shed building would run you about 200-300k. School isn’t going to build anything without it fitting into the aesthetic of campus so you’d have to tack on probably double.

Personally, I think they should build an indoor complex with batting and pitching cages, practice range for golf, and an indoor track and field.[/quote]
Pitching cage? Is that like a batting pen?

We could have built 20 indoor batting facilities with what it cost to build that 150 seat tennis stadium.

[quote=“metro, post:51, topic:28681”][quote=“CharSFNiners, post:46, topic:28681”]A metal shed building would run you about 200-300k. School isn’t going to build anything without it fitting into the aesthetic of campus so you’d have to tack on probably double.

Personally, I think they should build an indoor complex with batting and pitching cages, practice range for golf, and an indoor track and field.[/quote]
Pitching cage? Is that like a batting pen?[/quote]

They serve the same purpose rook. Sorry I didn’t refer to it as a pitching pen. End of the world. You could speak to the point of facilities but that’s never your style.

[quote=“PARMAN, post:52, topic:28681”]We could have built 20 indoor batting facilities with what it cost to build that 150 seat tennis stadium.[/quote] We covered this already. The money was donated for a specific purpose. You got a problem with that, talk to Halton and Wagner.
Trust me, I’d like nothing better than to donate enough (specifically) to upgrade baseball.

If someone donates money for a specific purpose, do you want the AD to turn it down or try to convince the donors that their purpose is wrong?

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:48, topic:28681”]The bats finally came to life. Down 6-0, we had a 2 run HR from Sherer and then a grand slam from Nichting to tie the game in the 8th Then we manufacture a run for them.

We have our 2 best guys going tomorrow so lets play some defense behind them and take the series.[/quote] Errors again. Basketball infecting baseball like a rotten apple. Fire Major! :slight_smile:

[quote=“4ever niner, post:54, topic:28681”][quote=“PARMAN, post:52, topic:28681”]We could have built 20 indoor batting facilities with what it cost to build that 150 seat tennis stadium.[/quote] We covered this already. The money was donated for a specific purpose. You got a problem with that, talk to Halton and Wagner.
Trust me, I’d like nothing better than to donate enough (specifically) to upgrade baseball.

If someone donates money for a specific purpose, do you want the AD to turn it down or try to convince the donors that their purpose is wrong?[/quote]

I heard years ago that baseball players raised money to upgrade the old baseball field. Supposedly the AD redirected that money to something else. This was 5 or 6 years before the new baseball facility. Do we have a double standard? EVERYONE knows the AD hates the baseball program.

[quote=“PARMAN, post:56, topic:28681”][quote=“4ever niner, post:54, topic:28681”][quote=“PARMAN, post:52, topic:28681”]We could have built 20 indoor batting facilities with what it cost to build that 150 seat tennis stadium.[/quote] We covered this already. The money was donated for a specific purpose. You got a problem with that, talk to Halton and Wagner.

If someone donates money for a specific purpose, do you want the AD to turn it down or try to convince the donors that their purpose is wrong?[/quote]

I heard years ago that baseball players raised money to upgrade the old baseball field. Supposedly the AD redirected that money to something else. This was 5 or 6 years before the new baseball facility. Do we have a double standard?[/quote] I heard we never had football when Bonnie was alive because her nephew got injured playing that sport. Never heard about that baseball deal.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:57, topic:28681”][quote=“PARMAN, post:56, topic:28681”][quote=“4ever niner, post:54, topic:28681”][quote=“PARMAN, post:52, topic:28681”]We could have built 20 indoor batting facilities with what it cost to build that 150 seat tennis stadium.[/quote] We covered this already. The money was donated for a specific purpose. You got a problem with that, talk to Halton and Wagner.

I heard years ago that baseball players raised money to upgrade the old baseball field. Supposedly the AD redirected that money to something else. This was 5 or 6 years before the new baseball facility. Do we have a double standard?[/quote] I heard we never had football when Bonnie was alive because her nephew got injured playing that sport. Never heard about that baseball deal.[/quote]

I heard the baseball story from some former players. Perhaps they all made it up.

[quote=“PARMAN, post:58, topic:28681”][quote=“4ever niner, post:57, topic:28681”][quote=“PARMAN, post:56, topic:28681”][quote=“4ever niner, post:54, topic:28681”][quote=“PARMAN, post:52, topic:28681”]We could have built 20 indoor batting facilities with what it cost to build that 150 seat tennis stadium.[/quote] We covered this already. The money was donated for a specific purpose. You got a problem with that, talk to Halton and Wagner.

I heard years ago that baseball players raised money to upgrade the old baseball field. Supposedly the AD redirected that money to something else. This was 5 or 6 years before the new baseball facility. Do we have a double standard?[/quote] I heard we never had football when Bonnie was alive because her nephew got injured playing that sport. Never heard about that baseball deal.[/quote]

I heard the baseball story from some former players. Perhaps they all made it up.[/quote] Really? How much did they raise and what was it diverted to? Whatever it was, even if just a little, should have gone to Hibbs’ salary, if nothing else baseball related.

[quote=“PARMAN, post:56, topic:28681”][quote=“4ever niner, post:54, topic:28681”][quote=“PARMAN, post:52, topic:28681”]We could have built 20 indoor batting facilities with what it cost to build that 150 seat tennis stadium.[/quote] We covered this already. The money was donated for a specific purpose. You got a problem with that, talk to Halton and Wagner.

I heard years ago that baseball players raised money to upgrade the old baseball field. Supposedly the AD redirected that money to something else. This was 5 or 6 years before the new baseball facility. Do we have a double standard? EVERYONE knows the AD hates the baseball program.[/quote]
As bad as I dislike our management decisions- thats not a valid story