Charlotte- Best in NC next year??

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner+Apr 15 2005, 10:21 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (LeftyNiner @ Apr 15 2005, 10:21 AM)

Fine - - sounds goodā€¦or Maybe not. Well who knows. Charlotte could, lets hope for it. But predictions are wrong at least half the time. Iā€™ll take 6th best in state and a Elite 8 appearance ANY DAY.

Wake is going to be terrible without a PG. So at least weā€™ll be better than Wake.

[i]Originally posted by Hooligan+Apr 15 2005, 09:33 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Hooligan @ Apr 15 2005, 09:33 AM)
Originally posted by LeftyNiner@Apr 15 2005, 10:21 AM [b]
[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er[/i]@Apr 14 2005, 10:43 PM [b] Wow..... One loss to State in the tourney and suddenly all the "ACC" envy crew is resigned to the fact that even with depleted rosters we can't compete. That is really sad, are you all really that defeated??? [/b]
Hold on cowboy...let's be VERY clear here.

You didnā€™t ask if we could COMPETE with those teamsā€¦you asked if it was possible that we could be the BEST team in NC.

Can we compete with them?..YES

Will we be the BEST team in NC?..Noā€¦laughableā€¦not even closeā€¦middle of the pack at best.

We have NEVERā€¦in the history of our programā€¦had the best team in NC. Why on earth would it happen now? Especially as recruiting and major conferences (ACC) have bigger advantages than ever before?

clt says the niners are the best team in nc other than campbell and uncp.

My attitude and judgement are still clouded by that FOUR-GAME-LOSS-TO-END-THE-SEASON-DEBACLE-WRAPPED-IN-GREEN-AND-TIED-UP-WITH-A-LUTZ, but I believe we will be no where near the best in NC next year. But if fantasy is your gig, have fun.

In next years NCAA tourney advance farther than any of the teams listed and then I might entertain your idea.

[i]Originally posted by KTown49er[/i]@Apr 15 2005, 10:15 AM [b] We have NEVER...in the history of our program...had the best team in NC. [/b]
We may have had the best team in 1977. Alas, we'll never know... :(
[i]Originally posted by KTown49er+Apr 15 2005, 11:15 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (KTown49er @ Apr 15 2005, 11:15 AM)

marcus bennett and deangelo could take on any other team in NC by themsevles 2 on 5 and DOMINATE B)

[i]Originally posted by Normmm+Apr 15 2005, 01:52 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Normmm @ Apr 15 2005, 01:52 PM)
Originally posted by KTown49er@Apr 15 2005, 11:15 AM [b]
[i]Originally posted by KTown49er[/i]@Apr 15 2005, 02:44 PM [b] Say what you will about 1977...but we lost to the team that lost to UNC. [/b]
[url=http://tsn.sportingnews.com/archives/ncaa/1977.html]Marquette beats Tarholes[/url]
[i]Originally posted by austinniner+Apr 15 2005, 02:56 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (austinniner @ Apr 15 2005, 02:56 PM)

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™m feeling a little smart-assish today

All this conjecture is fun and everything, but thereā€™s still only one way to determine whoā€™s the best in the state and thatā€™s not going to happen any time soon.

[b]Wake is going to be terrible without a PG. So at least weā€™ll be better than Wake[/b]

Wake won the ACC regular season 3 years ago with Downey running the point. If Eric Williams returns, then Wake will still be pretty solid. If not, they will be ok but not great. As far as the rest, NC State should be pretty good, even without Hodge. There were times this year that State looked better when Hodge was out of the game. UNC could lose everyone, in which case they will struggle somewhat, but Roy doesnā€™t suck so they will be ok. If Shelden Williams doesnā€™t end up in the draft then Duke will be a National title contender, if he goes then Duke will still be very, very good. Who did you guys lose this year?

[i]Originally posted by ElDuke[/i]@Apr 18 2005, 02:16 PM [b]
[b]Wake is going to be terrible without a PG. So at least weā€™ll be better than Wake[/b]

Wake won the ACC regular season 3 years ago with Downey running the point. If Eric Williams returns, then Wake will still be pretty solid. If not, they will be ok but not great. As far as the rest, NC State should be pretty good, even without Hodge. There were times this year that State looked better when Hodge was out of the game. UNC could lose everyone, in which case they will struggle somewhat, but Roy doesnā€™t suck so they will be ok. If Shelden Williams doesnā€™t end up in the draft then Duke will be a National title contender, if he goes then Duke will still be very, very good. Who did you guys lose this year? [/b]

Downey graduates and Paul is leaving, so who will play point guard now???

[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er[/i]@Apr 18 2005, 01:37 PM [b] Downey graduates and Paul is leaving, so who will play point guard now???? [/b]
the demon deacon mascot.
[i]Originally posted by KTown49er+Apr 15 2005, 03:44 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (KTown49er @ Apr 15 2005, 03:44 PM)
Originally posted by Normmm@Apr 15 2005, 01:52 PM [b]
Originally posted by KTown49er@Apr 15 2005, 11:15 AM [b]