Charlotte campus of Chapel Hill MBA coming?

My career is almost over so I get why some care more than I so that’s a fair point as far as lessening the status of degrees.

Not sure my degree could get lessened though. I drank, gambled and humped my way through with a less than stellar GPA. I’m not really sure how the hell I graduated.

But yeah, fuck those guys. I’m with you there.

3 Likes

Hard for me to get vexed about yet another MBA program in the CLT metro. With UNC-CH, that’s close to a dozen.

We are giving away the city. Give UNC the state but we should own the city of Charlotte since we are The University of Charlotte.

Stay the hell out of OUR city!!!

2 Likes

Build a wall and make Chapel Hill pay for it. :smile:

3 Likes

Why do we still have “UNC” in our name if Chapel Hill which brands themselves as UNC is offering multiple academic programs in our hometown?

4 Likes

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

1 Like

Screw this! If the chancellor won’t fight this, I will. I am not giving up on MY university but as far as the city of Charlotte goes, there is some serious issues here. This city has never ever truly supported their own. It is the damnedest thing I have ever witnessed for 30 years! This does not happen to other NC institutions… WE had better city support in the 90s. It’s about damn time the City stood up and supported one of it’s crown jewels rather support some paper tiger from 100 miles away.

I will start with Governor Cooper and Senate Leader Berger. As an investor (taxpayer) I want an explanation as to why a business (state of NC) would spend taxpayers dollars (our money) to compete against itself and damage one if it’s most valuable properties (UNC Charlotte) in the process. It pains me to type UNC there but that is our official name still… Logically, this makes zero sense!

IF we sit here quietly we will continue to take this garbage. I will be nothing but respectful and will let you all know when I get a response.

Go Niners!

3 Likes

I 100% agree.

If we fight this thru our channels it gives the chancellor far more power.

I appreciate many of these responses above and it changes my perspective. We have to let our leadership know this matters. We have to be vocal. They need us to build a platform for them to address these issues.

As stated above, this will empower our leadership to act. I still think great leadership should have taken an immediate stand and probably did. I know for a fact that in the past, without local support and a vocal community, our leadership was shut down by the UNC system regarding a medical school in Charlotte. That should have been ours. There is absolutely no excuse for them to bring in their MBA to Charlotte. We are already here with a main campus and an uptown Campus.

Get UNC Chapel Hill the hell out of our city. We already have a University of North Carolina in Charlotte. We don’t need a second one!

5 Likes

You are awesome. We have your back. We all need to join together and mske our voices heard on this.

Don’t mean to be a Debbie Downer but seeing that this thread started in March 2021 when the CBJ first reported Kenan-Flagler’s interest in a CLT site, not sure if any objections 16 months later are going to carry much weight. Still, do appreciate the love for our alma mater!!!

That is what is wrong with our university. No passion. No heart. Full of complacency. We have to have a desire to be the best. It’s time to step up or give up.

3 Likes

If someone in Charlotte really wants to get an MBA from UNC they can already do it on-line. I don’t really understand why they want to start a physical campus but I’m not really sure it’s a huge threat when they already had the option to do it on-line.

They were advertising the Chapel Hill MBA program on the big screens in BOA this evening before the weather delay…”You don’t have to leave Charlotte to go to Chapel Hill” or some sort of similar gibberish.

2 Likes

I have a friend that recently retired as a professor at ECU. I remember back in the mid ti late 1979s, UNC Charlotte tried to get a medical school linked to UNCC and Carolinas Mecical Center now Atrium. We did not get it , but ECU did. I visited this professor within the last year. He told me that UNC Chapel Hill was vehemently opposed to ECU or UNCC getting the med school. But a state representative got involved and forced it to happen. So, it happened. Those that are opposed should go through a local state representative that of course is not a Chapel Hill graduate.

Some of you may be aware that CLT had a medical school back in the early 1900s. It was downtown in a building near Discovery Place.

John D Rockefeller in 1902 founded the American Medical Association. Then the founded and funded all of the mecical schools in America. Next he founded pharmacology. He wanted to use oil in the production of medicine. Next he shut down all of the homeopathic doctors and medical schools.

Th e medical school in CLT closed and was moved to VCU in Richmond and became a pharmacology medical school. In 1913, he hired Bill Gates ‘ grandfather and Margaret Sanger. Shortly thereafter, the eugenics programs were born in America along with Planned Parenthood.

Sanger, Gates, and Rockefeller were racists. Sanger was involved with the KKK. She placed PP in black neighborhoods with the intent to kill blacks before they were born. Today more black babies are killed in PP clinics in NYC, Chicago, and LA than are born.

This is not a political statement. This is part of the secret unknown history of the US. But you can look this up for yourself with a simple google search. Both parties in the US are corrupt.

While you are at it look at a couple videos of Rosa Korie, a democrat from Santa Rosa CA. But she spoke of the truth about UN Agenda 21 sustainable development. She reported on it even though in CA it was mostly democrats implementing Agenda21. But she exposss both parties in the overall movement. Go hear what she says, and you will be astounded.

1 Like

ECU got their med school bc the state rep forced the issue.

Eastern NC has always dominated NC state politics unfortunately.

2 Likes

Didn’t the legislature also force state and crapple hole to play ezu in football?