Charlotte @ Duke 10/31 7PM RSN

Does anyone have access to the DOOK boards to ask their local fans how they plan on watching it? It’s probably an issue for them too.

Just find a stream on your laptop and plug it into the tv

I don’t do the al qaeda network anymore.

I want to watch the game, legally, on my tv.

Really frustrating given all the damn services I am paying for. Already have YTTV & ESPN, plus several more. It’s ridiculous how hard it is to have our games available.

Somebody put together a graphic with mostly G5 schools and their busy logos–with our C-pick, and on the other side were classic, simple, P5 logos plus our new one. It was striking. This is the first time I have seen it like this, and it jumped out at me how strong this can be. If we can win get back to our winning ways this will be a logo people know.

1 Like

No offense, but this is a major network brother, and all our games have been that way. The streaming deal sucks, but its not like its not a huge network. I have DTV and am looking forward to it. A large population still had Dish or cable.

Look into the Spectrum streaming and see if they carry FSS on there. Matter of fact, with what you pay now for streaming stuff, might can get a better deal going back to dish or cable

No, Spectrum streaming does not carry it. And the Fox regionals are not major networks. They were regional networks with Fox Sports backing, but have now lost that too. They are in danger of going away completely if Sinclair isn’t careful.

As for streaming… It’s hardly an outlier…

I’m going to guess upwards of 40% of our fans will not have access to this game with their current services.

And as for satellite TV or cable… I wouldn’t go back over my dead body. My bill would double and my service would be worse. The problem here is Sinclair not YTTV.

I haven’t been able to justify cutting the chord from Spectrum because they are the only internet provider where I live (besides a really slow CenturyLink connection) & it would cost me more to pay for a streaming service & Spectrum internet than it does to pay for the Spectrum bundle. Especially with all of the streaming services increasing their prices. Luckily Spectrum still carries the Fox regional sports networks. Can’t imagine they will go away when they are the main carrier for many NBA, MLB & NHL teams.

For the record this game is on Fox Sports Carolinas which is channel 40 on Spectrum in the Charlotte and Gastonia area.

People complaining about cable make me laugh. I have had Spectrum/TW cable for over 25 years in 2 different homes. I literally couldn’t tell you the last time our cable went out. The price is reasonable and reliability is top notch.

1 Like

Spectrum fanbois… I guess someone has to do it.

I’ll stick with gigabit fiber and unlimited dvr with higher resolutions for half the price those crooks at spectrum wanted. Plus all that awful equipment and the stupid rental fees.

Wow…great post. :roll_eyes:

Would you like to assist nearly half our fanbase with watching this game? Or are you still bent on shilling for spectrum for free?

Dude, you are weird. I couldn’t care less if you like Spectrum or not. I have zero affiliation with them beyond being a customer. I just stated the facts of my experience. Fox Sports networks are widely available. I’m sorry you made bad choices in this regard and now you’re upset about it.

1 Like

No one is upset. We are trying to solve a problem that will affect a huge portions of our fanbase. We like to help each other around here. Some of us anyway.

Bad decisions is funny though. My last spectrum bill was $233.34. I pay half of that now for vastly better service.

It’s shitty that this game isn’t on any streaming cable network. There’s solutions for individuals, but they are unacceptable to people in this thread. Don’t know what to tell you. If you cut the cord and still expect everything you had with a big cable package, you didn’t understand the point of cutting the cord.

Good…meanwhile you’re complaining about not being able to see the game.

I don’t think anyone expected to not have to be flexible. We have had several people who we recommended they try a sling or YTTV week trial to watch games. The problem in this case, not just for me (why do you insist on making everything personal) is that there is no option because of sinclair. No one will do business with them. It would not surprise me at all for Spectrum to drop them too when their current contract is up. Sinclair made ridiculous demands and these services are not going to capitulate.

Sinclair acquired the 21 Fox regional sports networks from Disney, which was required to divest the RSNs as part of securing Justice Department approval of its deal for 21st Century Fox’s film and TV businesses. Under a separate pact with Disney, Sinclair acquired an interest in YES, which carries New York Yankees and Brooklyn Nets games.

Starting Oct. 1, 2020, the Fox-branded RSNs will no longer be available on YouTube TV, according to Google. Last year, Dish Network dropped the Fox RSNs from satellite and Sling TV lineups, while over-the-top TV provider Fubo TV cut them in January.

Starting tomorrow, October 23, Hulu + Live TV will lose 23 Fox Regional Sports Networks.

Hulu Live and Spectrum streaming don’t have them either.
That’s going to black out a lot of people. I’m trying to figure out if AT&T Now has them… Conflicting info. One source from 7 months ago said you had to have their $80 max package.

But I hear ya. 40-50% of our fanbase made a bad choice so they shouldn’t watch the game. Sucks to be them. Niners helping Niners!

FuboTV? Looks like it is included still. They have 7 day trial.

Apex, I’d happily do that. Fubo was really good about sports packages. Are you sure they still have them? They have damn near every other sports network on this list:

You make zero sense. I have made nothing personal. You’re the one telling everyone what you pay for your service and then complaining about it and telling me I am “shilling” for Spectrum… Good luck to you.