Charlotte @ Duke 10/31 7PM RSN

I cannot confirm Fuboā€¦ just an internet search.

No joke, I remember a while back NA saying he was paying almost what he was with cable.

Ask around friends and family, I am sure someone would share their login information that has spectrum or directv. Then just download the fox sports go app and watch it.

I had a really good deal at TWC that a Niner helped me get (back to the theme of the discussion). As soon as Spectrum took over, my price went up $100/mo and they wouldnā€™t negotiate. A couple other Niners including jfickett talked me into changing and Iā€™m glad I did.

But back to trying to find an option for the hundreds or thousands of Niner fans who donā€™t have spectrum.

Options appear to be get cable again before next weekend, maybe Fubo, borrow someoneā€™s cable login, or pirate stream.

Or, if none of those are possible or acceptable to someoneā€™s ethics, then listen to the radio broadcast.

:point_up::point_up::point_up:what he said.

So about the game. I normally watch a few Duke games a year, but havenā€™t this year. With us opening -11, it will be a task for us to beat them. We will have to play a near flawless game but i think we can get it done. My biggest worry is some of the head scratching play calls like running on 3rd and 10. We try to imitate John Fox lol

A good question was asked elsewhere, how is Dukeā€™s DL? That can be a key control point for this game.

And also yes, the play calling kills me frequently. 2nd and 3rd and long and our OL is apparently not good, why are we running it up the middle?

Our OC only seems to look good when heā€™s forced (by a combination of score and game clock) to actually call aggressive downfield passing.

A little follow up:

FUBO TV no longer carries any of the sinclair stations. So not an option.

Checked on AT&T TV - hereā€™s their local / regionals check page: DIRECTV STREAM Channel Lineup - Network, Local & Sports Channels

I put in Mecklenburg County and this list came back:

If it is on FS Carolinas, those folks may be out of luck too.

Looks like a bunch of people will be stuck pirating or with the radio. Shame.

I have Spectrum internet and You Tube TV. Once you factor in monthly box chargers, monthly DVR charges and fees and taxes itā€™s cheaper for me.

It sucks they dropped Fox Sports regional networks. They did the same thing earlier this year but resolved the issue right before baseball season. Likely driven by Braves games. I actually switched back to Spectrum for a short period of time Whole they resolved the issue.

They have added three channels. Fox college sports- Atlantic, Central and Pacific. I have no idea what these channels are. We will see if they show any college football.

If they donā€™t add Fox Sports regionals by baseball season next year Iā€™ll make the switch again.

clt says the game is already listed as upcoming on directv channel 646-1

clt says it is also going to be broadcast on masn, and the yes network, and atpthd, and fsdethd, and marqhdm and fsnorhd, and fswischd, and fsokhd, and fsswhd, and atrmhd, and fsazhd, and rtnwhd, and pthd, and fssdhd

Iā€™d prefer we were never on Fox SSā€¦ Give me an ESPN 3 or + option every day of the week. Canā€™t be picky when TV wants to carry you, youā€™d just hope it was on a chanel most people got.

2 Likes

It would be nice to get a win but beating Marshall this year would be a much bigger deal.

Beating App would be a bigger deal than beating Duke.

I am not saying you are wrong, but my take is different. Beating a ranked Marshall would be great. Heck, beating an unranked Marshall is always fun, but when we do nobody that I work with knows or cares. If we beat Duke or App, that means something in my world. This year we probably are not playing for a conference championship or a bowl game, so give me the Duke win and letā€™s get the P5 monkey off our backs because our P5 H/H games have begun and we have an opportunity almost every year now to make people respect us.

2 Likes

We have never defeated a P5 opponent, give me a W over Duke vs another W over Marshal unless it gives us a spot in the CUSA title game. A P5 win is another step in the programā€™s progression, unless weā€™re playing for a CUSA title birth a W over Marshal makes us .500 against them.

I want to win both but beating Duke is a bigger deal at the moment.

3 Likes

Just a difference of opinion. I would prefer a win over a ranked team or App than a win versus an historically bad P5 program (Indiana, Duke, Rutgers, Kansas, Vandy).

Rankings donā€™t mean much this year (especially the teams further down the list), so beating a 25th ranked Marshall is great, but it is still a CUSA team. Beating Duke, even during a down year garbs more media attention and gives us more traction in NC for recruiting,

3 Likes

I think for our current fanbase yes beating Marshall or App is bigger and more important. For the general population though - beating an ACC squad carries more weight. Mostly because they equate App and Marshall and any other G5 program to be equal to us. Stupid? Yes. Reality? Yes.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s another thought - go watch the game at a bar if you want to see it so bad but donā€™t have an option to watch at home. Go grab a burger and a couple beers at your local sports bar and watch it streamed on 4 different TVs. Problem solved. Pretty much any decent sports bar will have all of the regionals.

Saw this on my espn app. Hope it does not blackoutā€¦

Also, is there any word on Dook and injuries? NCSU put it on them and everyone was laying everywhere.

Yeah itā€™s showing as espn3 on the app. If it doesnā€™t blackout, thatā€™d be really nice.