Charlotte @ FAU 10/3 4PM ESPNU

The stats say anything past 35 gets iffy for P5 kickers, have to figure that holds true for G5 as well. 59% from 45-49 yards out. Hardly a sure thing statistically speaking.

1 Like

56% completion rate isnā€™t going to cut it either.

Monday morningā€¦ Still really pissedā€¦ That is all

3 Likes

Healy was too in the interview this morning, echoed a lot of the comments above. He likened it to North Texas game last year except the other way. He thought we outplayed them but didnā€™t take them out.

What the stats tell me is kicking a 40+ yard feel goal isnt always the best idea depending on yardage. Cruz must be hitting them in practice for coach to give him the shot in the game, but maybe that needs to shift a bit.

2 Likes

We just need to keep drives alive, get in the end zone & let Cruz kick extra points. Then we donā€™t have to worry too much about his range or accuracy.

2 Likes

The offensive line was the weakest link in the game Saturday. When Reynolds has some time he can hit targets like we saw on the first touchdown. We ran the ball a lot but only averaged just over 2 yards per carry. The FAU pressure did us in on the final drive. How much of the offensive lineā€™s woes are due to players not practicing being in quarantine, guys still missing, or just not being very good at their position?

1 Like

I donā€™t think our YPC or protections were bad in the first half, but we fell apart in the 2nd. Healy said we looked gassed. Then Fisher and Emmanuel got hurt. We gave up I think 6 sacks, mostly in the 2nd half, which killed our net rushing yardage.

This. Our OL was pretty solid (especially in pass protection) in the first half. We lost 2 starters during the game and it showed in the 2nd half.

Its always tough to win on the road and our schedule is so heavy with road games this year. With that said, going into the second half felt like this was a game we were going to win and then third quarter happened. We really have to be able to run the ball effectively and only got 82 yards Saturday with 2.2 yards a carry. We have some wins left on the schedule (assuming they happen). With it being such an odd season I donā€™t have a lot of expectations either way for the rest of the season.

1st half 2.9 YPC which is abysmal. 2nd half 1.05 YPC which is abysmaler.

We averaged 5.4 YPP. Not winning many ball games with that average. Last year we averaged 6.2

I know weā€™ve had guys out /hurt on the O-line, but there werenā€™t many holes to run through on Saturday. In pass protection we were getting destroyed, especially in key situations. Itā€™s hard to open it up downfield when the o-line plays like that. Iā€™m not sure if Reynolds was 100%, but we need him to be more of a threat in the run game.

We def need to run some more offense that uses his wheels. I donā€™t like that we have gotten away from some of the misdirection and roll outs from last year. We were running far too much up the middle and letting Chris stand in a pocket behind a weak OL. Play calling did us no favors.

2 Likes

I think they are trying to keep Reynolds from getting killed and saving him from himself. He takes shots because he wonā€™t go down. His slide in the first half was not something you see tons of.

These are issues that would have been shaken out if we had played games.

I still havenā€™t seen anything except some depth issues that make me this that this isnā€™t a good football team.

1 Like

Second half yes------first half, Chris had time, for the most part.

yes, but that is what makes him specialā€¦its like the Panthers trying to make Cam a pocket passer and not run as muchā€¦it MAY keep him healthier, but it hurts his/our production tremendously.