Charlotte Football Advocacy Group

I propose we start a group on campus that is officially recognized by the admin.
Here is the original text which started my whole thought process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B]Gill2003[/B] [URL=http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13777&page=2#post181969][/URL]
[I]Is there anyway to make our football efforts official on campus. Maybe an organization or something that is recognized by the U?[/I]

Sure. If you can get 8 students to sign a paper, you can have a student organization for anything. And I mean anything.

Also, we could register with the Alumni Association as an official alumni group. That would make it easier for us to get access to school logos, etc.

That was answered by Noreaster.

Anyone else verify this? If it is at all possibly, and will be supported by atleast 7 more students, I will look into it ASAP.

I propose we start a group on campus that is officially recognized by the admin. Here is the original text which started my whole thought process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill2003
Is there anyway to make our football efforts official on campus. Maybe an organization or something that is recognized by the U?

Sure. If you can get 8 students to sign a paper, you can have a student organization for anything. And I mean anything.

Also, we could register with the Alumni Association as an official alumni group. That would make it easier for us to get access to school logos, etc.

That was answered by Noreaster.

Anyone else verify this? If it is at all possibly, and will be supported by atleast 7 more students, I will look into it ASAP.

I’ve done it a few times. They have everything you need on the SGA website. Look there for details. They even provide a sample constitution.

Dude awesome.

By ‘done it a few times’ do you mean for 49er football or just a group in general?

Dang, no ones gonna look at this because it says
’Charlotte football’
and thats all you see.

Count me in, Gill. I’m going to summer school right now so I can do anything on campus if you are unavailable.

Dang, no ones gonna look at this because it says 'Charlotte football' and thats all you see.

Well we can get Dax, and Threemire, and I’m sure we can find 4 more students after that. They don’t even have to be active I bet. 8 is no problem.

Sweet.

I actually work just down the street in the summer. Maybe once we have some forms and such we can take a look at them somewhere.

Dude awesome.

By ‘done it a few times’ do you mean for 49er football or just a group in general?

a group in general. political groups. but the process is the same, unless they changed the rules since 2003. go here…

https://ucit.uncc.edu/ssl-studentorgs/registrations_0506/

i’m a grad student, so I think I count.

Already on it, Actually im looking at some other constitutions, and I should let people who want to join this as the first 8 members need to be very serious about this.

As soon as we have 8 people I guess we can start checking stuff off, in the mean time I will do a little more research into finding an advisor on campus and setting up a constitutuins

btw if anyone thinks they know a willing staff or faculty member, shoot me a PM. I think the first step is to get set up with an Advisor.

This is awesome. If we can get a student group running on campus to act as the campus legs of the Charlotte Football Initiative Group I think our chances of success just went up.

That and the fact that we might be able to use the school to our advantage.

Didnt we have a engineering professor that would come onto this website or something like that was interested in Charlotte Football?

[1 Minute Ago] [URL=http://www.ninernation.net/member.php?u=1752][COLOR=#004c26]Gill2003[/COLOR][/URL]: Hey WB I sent out some emails to people in the student organization loop to get some details out of them

Count me in. I’ll be at my apt. in campus edge this thursday through saturday if you need me to sign something.

Great, if you see Jason over there, let him know too. I think Junaid is still on student court, so he could help us out, and IM def. sure he will be aboard.

Minutes Ago] [URL=http://www.ninernation.net/member.php?u=1752][COLOR=#004c26]Gill2003[/COLOR][/URL]: This will happen.[B] I promise by the end of 2006 it will be official.[/B]

Hey Felt, WB and Noreaster, can you guys post or PM me email address?

Hurt feelings about who is president, vice president, etc. in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…

I’m really involved in the student organizations and how to set em up and all. In fact I work in that little SGA complex thing. Don’t hesitate to give me a holler.

Hurt feelings about who is president, vice president, etc. in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.......
I know we need to name chairs, but I really don't think we should have them. I don't think any one person is really going to be better qualified as far as how to get a football team to a university and it is just total unnessesary. We are all equal in this, everyones opinions matter, and it is just silly to make some hierarchy. The chairs should be named for official purposes but not followed. Besides, at most this organization will be more like a subcommitee of CFI than anything.

bust sorry to burst your bubble. but when you have a student run organization on campus you have to have some sort of order i think there is a bi-law where the senate can reject your claim as an official organization