Charlotte Football Advocacy Group

bust sorry to burst your bubble. but when you have a student run organization on campus you have to have some sort of order i think there is a bi-law where the senate can reject your claim as an official organization

We will name a president. If the president has to answer to someone ever, then we will have our criteria for president be that he has to be someone who doesnt mind answering to whoever. But that is it. At or meetings, we will all be equal and not have any of this hierarchy crap. The only person I can see us actually naming is the secretary because we will need notes taken, but even then the secretary can let someone else do it if they want. Like I said, we are just a subcommitee of CFI so there is no reason to have any sort of hierarchy. There will be order at the meetings. Everyone can talk but be courteous and what not.

I donā€™t think that a small hierarchy is negative. I donā€™t know what all of the roles for each are, but I think there are the basics.

The point of the president is obvious, to have a central person who is designated to lead the group - lead meetings, speak on behalf of the group, the person to go to if youā€™re not sure who to go to.

You will need someone to perform the roles of the president if the president is unavailable - the VP.

Then from there, I would want someone that is the financial record-keeper (treasurer), as well as a person in charge of documenting meetings, etc. (secretary).

Everyone would be equal in the decision-making, but without the designated point people, you lose structure that you need to have a solid organization.

I don't think that a small hierarchy is negative. I don't know what all of the roles for each are, but I think there are the basics.

The point of the president is obvious, to have a central person who is designated to lead the group - lead meetings, speak on behalf of the group, the person to go to if youā€™re not sure who to go to.

You will need someone to perform the roles of the president if the president is unavailable - the VP.

Then from there, I would want someone that is the financial record-keeper (treasurer), as well as a person in charge of documenting meetings, etc. (secretary).

Everyone would be equal in the decision-making, but without the designated point people, you lose structure that you need to have a solid organization.

I totally agree with these statements. No one has more power in the process, but people need to be designated as officers. Without officers, the structure of meetings falters. Someone has to be responsible for organization, money, etc. Otherwise, nobody is responsible and if something goes wrong, someone has to be accountable.

Look I said this earlier.
The Appointments will only mean you have specific duties. When it comes down to it, I think we should run it as an egalitarian system, where, when we sit down to speak (or stand, you get it) everyone is equal, and everyone has a say.

The appointments just cary special duties one has to perform. I read most of that manual last night front to back.

Beside this should NOT be a concern right know. Right know we need an Advisor. If we dont have one, we might as well not even try.

I promise, even if 2 weeks from now no one cares, I will care, and will get this thing done by the end of the semester. But it will take time and determination.

I talked to John Merchant , he does something with student orgs. Nothin new

J4L endorses this endeavour

Here is what I did yesterday with the consitution. Please post and revisions, and then we can add them

[B][FONT=Arial]Constitution for the Charlotte Football Initiative Students[/FONT][/B]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[B][FONT=Arial]Article I: Organization Name[/FONT][/B]
[FONT=Arial]This constitution establishes the Charlotte Football Initiative Students (CFIS) at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. This will be the official name and acronym used to refer to our group on and off campus among ourselves and other organizations. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[B][FONT=Arial]Article II: Purpose[/FONT][/B]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[I][FONT=Arial]Section I:[/FONT][/I][FONT=Arial] The CFIS is designed to further the understanding among the University population of the need and benefits of having a University of North Carolina at Charlotte Division 1 football team and to provide an environment where people people concerned with having a Division 1 football team can gather. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[I][FONT=Arial]Section II:[/FONT][/I][FONT=Arial] CFIS is willing to abide by all UNC Charlotte policies and guidelines relating to on or off campus activities which our club may sponsor or in which we may participate. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[B][FONT=Arial]Article III: Membership[/FONT][/B]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[I][FONT=Arial]Section I: [/FONT][/I][FONT=Arial]Any student in good standing with UNC Charlotte can become a member of the CFIS. There are no restrictions to being a member. A person can become a member by showing up at a meeting and expressing interest in the group. If the person is still interested after attending a meeting, that person must pay any dues that have been determined for member for that term. Failure to pay dues will result in a person no longer being considered a member of CFIS.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[I][FONT=Arial]Section II:[/FONT][/I][FONT=Arial] Dues shall be determined on a per semester basis by the executive committee of CFIS.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[I][FONT=Arial]Section III:[/FONT][/I][FONT=Arial] Any member of CFIS can, at any time, voluntarily withdraw their membership from the organization.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[I][FONT=Arial]Section IV:[/FONT][/I][FONT=Arial] In keeping with UNC Charlotteā€™s policy of nondiscrimination, CFIS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, and physical or mental ability or disability.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[B][FONT=Arial]Article IV: Officers[/FONT][/B][FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[I][FONT=Arial]Section I:[/FONT][/I][FONT=Arial] CFIS shall be governed by four officers although the organization reserves the right to create other positions upon demand (ad-hoc). Officially these four officers will be called the President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. These officers, the faculty advisor, and any ad-hoc positions created by the CFIS will comprise the executive committee of CFIS. Any other committees will be created also ad-hoc based on recommendations made to the executive committee by the membership of CFIS.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[I][FONT=Arial]Section II:[/FONT][/I][FONT=Arial] The President of CFIS shall regulate executive committee meetings, represent the CFIS when required, and attend to other official Student Government Association (SGA) business. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[I][FONT=Arial]Section III:[/FONT][/I][FONT=Arial] The Vice President of CFIS shall assist the President in his/her duties as needed and will keep track of membership. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[I][FONT=Arial]Section IV:[/FONT][/I][FONT=Arial] The Treasurer of CFIS shall keep track of all financial matters and assist the rest of the Executive committee as needed. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[I][FONT=Arial]Section V:[/FONT][/I][FONT=Arial] The Secretary of CFIS shall keep track of all official CFIS paperwork, files and literature, take notes at meetings and assist the rest of the Executive committee as needed. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[B][FONT=Arial]Article V: Function/Operation[/FONT][/B]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[I][FONT=Arial]Section I:[/FONT][/I][FONT=Arial] Officers are elected by the membership in attendance. In the event of a tie the executive committee shall vote to break the tie. Any current member of the organization is eligible to be an officer of the organization.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[I][FONT=Arial]Section II:[/FONT][/I][FONT=Arial] Nominations are held ā€¦ā€¦ is this for nominations for officers or nominations as for notions or something?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[I][FONT=Arial]Section III:[/FONT][/I][FONT=Arial] The vote will be by secret ballot with the faculty/staff advisor counting the votes.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[I][FONT=Arial]Section IV:[/FONT][/I][FONT=Arial] Officers will serve two terms and elections will be held at the second meeting of every academic year. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[I][FONT=Arial]Section V:[/FONT][/I][FONT=Arial] Officers can be impeached by a unanimous vote to impeach by the executive committee and the membership in attendance. Officers can also be impeached by a unanimous vote to impeach by the membership and the approval of the advisor. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[I][FONT=Arial]Section VI:[/FONT][/I][FONT=Arial] The role of the CFIS shall beā€¦ā€¦ fill in from page 16. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[B][FONT=Arial]Article VI: Finances[/FONT][/B]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[I][FONT=Arial]Section I:[/FONT][/I][FONT=Arial] CFIS plans to finance its activities through membership dues and SGA support. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[B][FONT=Arial]Article VII: Constitutional Amendments[/FONT][/B]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[I][FONT=Arial]Section I:[/FONT][/I][FONT=Arial] Amendments can be proposed by any current member of the organization. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]
[I]Section II:[/I] Rules regarding the proposal of amendments are as follows: anything can be proposed as long as it is in writing and is agreed upon by at least one other member. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[I][FONT=Arial]Section III:[/FONT][/I][FONT=Arial] The amendments shall be voted on as follows: at meetings and with unanimous approval by the organization. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[B][FONT=Arial]Article VIII: By-laws[/FONT][/B]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[I][FONT=Arial]Section I:[/FONT][/I][FONT=Arial] Ad-hoc committees can be proposed by any current member of the organization. Majority of the executive committee must approve. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[I][FONT=Arial]Section II:[/FONT][/I][FONT=Arial] Standing committees of the organization shall be governed by the executive committee. Standing committees can be terminated with majority approval of the executive committee. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[I][FONT=Arial]Section III:[/FONT][/I][FONT=Arial] Time and location shall be determined by: the time and location that which the most members can attend, the full executive committee can attend and the faculty/staff advisor can attend. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[I][FONT=Arial]Section IV:[/FONT][/I][FONT=Arial] The organization shall meet at least once a month. A set day for every month shall be agreed upon by all those in attendance at the first meeting of the academic year. The first meeting of the academic year shall be decided upon by the executive committee and by the members that wish to have a say. Emergency meetings require only the executive committee to attend, however they will be open to all members. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[I][FONT=Arial]Section V:[/FONT][/I][FONT=Arial] The first meeting of the academic year shall be to set dates for the rest of the meetings. Nothing shall be voted upon outside of the dates. [/FONT]

That is an awesome start. I donā€™t have time to read it all right now, but so far so good.

General question, how would the student group interact with the larger student/non-student group? Would the alumni portion of this group essentially just work [I]with [/I]the student group? I wouldnā€™t think weā€™d want to have duplicates of anything, so what are your thoughts?

That is an awesome start. I don't have time to read it all right now, but so far so good.

General question, how would the student group interact with the larger student/non-student group? Would the alumni portion of this group essentially just work with the student group? I wouldnā€™t think weā€™d want to have duplicates of anything, so what are your thoughts?

I canā€™t read any of it right now. I have class in about 15 minutes, but when I get back Iā€™ll check it out and add my thoughts.

Iā€™m thinking this student group will be like a subcommittee of the main CFI. Our main goal for CFIS should be to act like the organization that organizes events on or around campus and spreads the word to the students as best we can and weā€™ll deffinetly have duplicates of any important docs from our meetings. But I deffinetly feel like the alumni should play an active roll in that stuff. Maybe even have some alums at meetings. But I think most things should still be done with the main CFI.

That was my thought too Bust. Seems to me that the general CFI is made up of a large number of Alumni. We need a way to catch the grass roots movement on campus. The greeks obviously will be behind us, but we need real campus legs for this to happen. So I see the CFIS just a campus extension of the general CFI movement.

Someone said that we would be a committee in the CFI structure. I fully agree with that. The idea is to make it the on campus branch of the CFI.
So when everyone meets for the CFI meets, anything that needs to be done on campus can be pushed through us I would think. And anything we have to do on campus (set up booths and events) weā€™ll talk it out with you guys.
Also, CFIS will have to have meetings, which I hope we can hold with the CFI meetings, so it works out good and it is all interconnected. Saavy? LoL

As for officers and such, they would only exist for the official SGA on campus purposes. I really want to keep it equal, with maybe a few guys who like to step up and speak, but I do realize the importance of having a loose structure within CFIS. At CFI meetings, those appointments would mean nothing more then knowing which person to talk to about an issue.

Aside from that, I plan on making a presentation at the CFI meeting on August 2nd to outline what is going on (which btw anyone who wants to work on this please contact me) and finalize the afformentioned details on how it shall be run and other stuff.

I donā€™t think it matters whoā€™s Pres & VP. It matters that we work together for a common goal.
If we can get at least 300 people, we can get our own License Plate from the state of NC. Imagine a 49er Football License Plate. How can Phil & Judy ignore that?

Ladies and Gentleman, we have an advisor.:clap:

This is Edā€™s reply e-mail.

Will,

Sounds good man, yeah send me the info on the requirements of the
advisor, but iā€™m pretty sure that it should work, I want to help as
much as I can. Thanks for contacting me Iā€™ll check the thread as well.
-Ed

I will send him the follow up e-mail here in a bit, or after my class is over.

On another note, this thread should be moved to the 49er Football forum.

Ladies and Gentleman, we have an advisor.:clap:

This is Edā€™s reply e-mail.

I will send him the follow up e-mail here in a bit, or after my class is over.

On another note, this thread should be moved to the 49er Football forum.

Awesome! Good job, 49or. And, a big ā€œthanksā€ to Edā€¦

w00t

Send him the whole pdf right?

This is good. Once he gets the info, lets sit down with him. Maybe sometime next week?

w00t

Send him the whole pdf right?

This is good. Once he gets the info, lets sit down with him. Maybe sometime next week?

I just sent it. I copy pasted all the stuff about being an advisor. I also included a link to the manual.

Iā€™m game for a meeting. Anytime after 3 works for me on any day as long as I know ahead of time. Maybe we should wait till we have our 8 members lined up?

Maybe we should have a running list posted of the people who are in so far because I donā€™t know who is.

This is who I know so far:
49or bust
Gill2003
Noreaster
Jason4Life

Who else?

Nah its gonna be informal, just a QA and light discussion probably.

I just emailed him introducing myself. Hopefully he will be receptive to meeting with us here soon.

I want to be a member and I will push it through the senate :slight_smile:

The senate always approves this stuff although this group could be more controversial than a rock climbing group.

I want to be a member and I will push it through the senate :-)

The senate always approves this stuff although this group could be more controversial than a rock climbing group.

That makes 5 that I am sure of.
This is the list so far:
49or bust
Gill2003
Noreaster
Jason4Life
lutz9er

We shouldnā€™t be that controversial. No one in our group will get hurt or killed partisipating in anything we promote. No 50 foot drops for us.:lol:

Welcome aboard!

WBNiner been in since the start. GotLutz is in im 99% sure. Jfelt is in too remember. Rob is in.
So we have the atleast 8, an advisor, and a constitution that has one or two holes in it. Need help filling it in, our advisor will help us with that as well. Really all we need to do know is all show up at the AUGUST 2ND MEETING of the CFI, meet and greet and let all the alumni in on our sub committee.