Charlotte Hornets 🐝

SOS: same ol s***

1 Like

clt says jordan needs to sell the team, this is a joke

1 Like

Oh geez i forgot about the Kenny Atkinson debacle.

From my NBA podcast sources the issue was the hornets wanted him to keep Borregos staff because they were too cheap to pay them off and hire his people.

Embarrassing and awful.

This market would fully embrace the hornets with amazing support if they would simply get their sh!t together and act like a real franchise.

And the Steve Clifford rehash was dumb.

They shouldn’t have fired Borrego if they weren’t going to make a better hire.

1 Like

Is this cause for legit optimism or just another bitter tease in the life of Charlotte sports fans…

Spurs suck. They’ll be in the running for a top 3 pick this year (assuming ping pong balls odds hold up)

I think its bad news if we arent tanking at this point.

The Spurs are bad. However, we didn’t look great in the pre-season and it’s a road win without Ball. I would like for some Charlotte team to be decent.

There are no guarantees with tanking. Need I remind you of the wonderful 2012 NBA “lottery”?

They could still finish with the worst record and end up picking 5th with the new odds. Then you have to have smart people making the picks, which they’ve consistently proved they don’t. The tanking will be out of control this year by the way.

I’ve learned that preseason NBA means nothing. But the Spurs are gonna be bad. Like bottom of the league bad.

But a win is better than a loss I guess.

On the broadcast last night, the Hornets sideline reporter said the Spurs have more teenagers on their roster than UTSA’s college basketball team.

Agreed. Tanking is still a reasonable option but it’s no guarantee and you have to have the staff in place to make good picks.

The hornets have been drafting reasonably well lately but keep your eyes on Mark Williams vs. Jalen Duren (Pistons) they could have had both or Duren instead. I’m not sure they made the right decision there. Time will tell.

Personally i liked Durens insane athleticism and potential over Williams but it’s not an indefensible pick. Williams may end up being a better player. I just thought Duren would have provided the better running and lob threat that Ball needs on the end of his passes.

1 Like

That 2012 lottery just solidified my decades long opinion that the nba is fraudulent. From how the games are reffed, to how the marquee teams are shown unabashed favoritism to how the lottery is so unfair it’s comical.

2 Likes

It’s been all but proven that the draft was rigged when the Knicks got Ewing. Supposedly they keep the Knicks placard in the freezer so they could feel the cold card and pull it out to ensure the NY market got the #1 pick

4 Likes

:joy: Then how do you explain the Pelicans being able to draft Anthony Davis and Zion Williamson?

The NBA owned the Pelicans at the point right?

2 Likes

clt says the nba is an awful product.

2 Likes

Respective rookie debuts for Hornets’ 2022 first round draft picks:

Mark Williams
4 min
2 pts
1 reb
0 ast
0 stl
0 blk
2 TO