Charlotte Hornets šŸ

After a long work week finally had time to analyze what the Hornets did at the trade deadline.

I literally have no idea what theyā€™re trying to do with these trades.

The last year of this franchise has been a complete shit show.

The firing of Berrego and then the Kenny Atkinson Fiasco then the retread rehire of Clifford then the insanity of the draft not keeping Duren, now this trade deadline where they trade away a player on the rise in McDaniels that they developed.

Then Kupchak gives and interview saying they have to build through the draft.

If thatā€™s the case then why do you trade away a 2nd round success story like McDaniels??

If thatā€™s the case then why did you hire a coach that hates to play rookies.

Itā€™s stupid and itā€™s cheap and itā€™s frustrating.

OMG we need a new owner.

Itā€™s worse than the Forty Niners situation guys. It really is. Itā€™s just so dumb.

1 Like

clt says jordan is the worst owner in pro sports,

Lol. The MJ hate is strong. I think the Bridges situation has had more to do with this season than anything else. Which MJ had nothing to do with. Throw in Hayward and Ball injuries also outside of MJ control, except they can be held accountable for the Hayward contract. Anytime 3 of your starters miss a significant amount of games itā€™s most likely going to be a dismal season, see Golden State.

The Duren draft is a bit of a mystery. But I donā€™t lose too much sleep over that because he wasnā€™t going to beat out Plumlee anyway. Plus, the Hornets still have 4-5 future draft picks from the trade.

I will say though, I am surprised they couldnā€™t get rid of Rozier. That was their most valuable trade piece. I would consider that a failure. He could have contributed to a number of playoff contenders.

Iā€™ll also say theyā€™ve somehow got to move on from Hayward. His injuries are just too much of a disrupter.

Hornets = :clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face:
nba = :poop:

3 Likes

Latest on Jalen Duren from the NBA rookie ladder.

See this really is frustrating.

Center has been a huge point of problems for the hornets for years and we had two high potential centers we drafted last year and could have kept both.

I just donā€™t know why they didnā€™t want to keep Duren. He is way more athletic and I think was the youngest guy or one of them, in the draft.

They should have kept both him and Williams and gotten rid of Plumlee earlier and kept Nick Richards as the vet.

ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”-

Just in case you might not think Durenā€™s 30 points, 17 rebounds and four blocks against San Antonio were special enough, thereā€™s this: the 19-year-old became the second-youngest player in NBA history behind only LeBron James to go for 30+ and 15+ in a game. So yeah, he climbs into the Top 5 here. Duren leads all rookies in rebounds (438) and double-doubles (12), while ranking fifth in offensive boards (170) and eighth in dunks (113).

ā€œI guess yā€™all will have to tank the rest of the season without me. #1 OUT!ā€

They have been doing a crap job of tanking lately.

With our luck they will they will miss out on wembanyama or they will get him and he will get hurt immediately or they will get him and trade him to the lakers for AD (ala Kobe and Vlade)

1 Like

Sucks for him. Get well soon.

Similar to our Niners basketball program, I donā€™t know how the hornets can be this bad for this long with actually trying.

Just looking at the standings the Cavs, Kings, Bucks and Griz are all small market teams that are in the playoffs right now. You would think the hornets could find lightning in a bottle just one yearā€¦

I donā€™t know if we canā€™t scout, canā€™t draft or canā€™t get FAā€™s to sign but itā€™s ridiculous how bad they have been the last 10 - 15 years.

1 Like

Starts at the top. MJ gets a free pass from the media and many due to where he allegedly went to class 40 years ago.

I say absolutely on the scouting and FAā€™s. I also think you just have to get lucky in the draft, which we havenā€™t in a long time. It was starting to look like we might have gotten lucky with Bridges, he was picked 12th in the draft. But then we got unlucky with Bridges.

Type of luck we need:
Luka Doncic - 3rd pick in the draft
Jason Tatum - 3rd pick
Pascal Siakam - 27th pick
Damantas Sabonis - 11th pick
Devin Booker - 13th pick
Antetokounmpo - 15th pick
Nikola Jokic - 41st pick

Hell look at Donavan Mitchell, 2017 draft, we take Malik Monk two spots earlier, same positionā€¦ smh

1 Like

The hornets havenā€™t been good for several years but this year theyā€™ve definitely been dealt a bad luck season.

Bridges- possibly their best player did his actions and they lost him for the year
Ball - missed 27 games and injured again
Rozier - 11 games missed
Oubre- missed 25 games
Hayward- missed 26 games
Smith - missed 22 games
Martin - missed 56 games
Washington - injured now

Yeah theyā€™ve been bad at tanking lately because they were getting healthier and playing bad and mediocre teams

2 Likes

Ugh! And there are many more examples.

I heard that if you called his classroom, all they would say was ā€œHeā€™s not hereā€.

See that KD will make his debut for Suns tonight at the Spectrum Center.

This is a perfect opportunity to start the tankathon.

They just need to send Gordon Hayward home at this point. Donā€™t even dress him out.

1 Like