Charlotte Hornets 🐝

1 Like

:sleeping: post must be 5 characters so….

KD wearing Sonic’s uniform?? I don’t remember that. He’s been around longer than it seems I guess.

Seattle drafted KD #2 in 2007 behind Portland which took Greg Oden with the top pick. Sonics relocated to OKC the following season.

Just looked at the NBA standings for the first time this season. Looks like Charlotte will have only the 4th worst record, so a bad job of tanking.

1 Like

Yes, true that the three “worst” teams each have a 14% chance of getting the number one pick. Number four is 12.5%.

1 Like

Well, OK, then. Not really that much difference between 4th and 3rd worst record.

2 Likes
3 Likes

riddance

2 Likes

Old School Yes GIF

1 Like

Any chance the new owner would move the team?

FWIW, see that Plotkin and Schnall are both based in NYC.

1 Like

Didn’t they already buy in as minority owners a few years back? Or was that another group from NYC?

Nevermind I should have finished reading the post above. Looks like it was Plotkin & another investor in 2019.

Jordan sold a piece of the Hornets to Plotkin, a founder of Melvin Capital, and Daniel Sundheim, a founder of DI Capital, in 2019 . The two New York-based investors were brought on board, but Jordan still controlled 97% of the Hornets’ equity, the Observer reported at the time.

Basically Plotkin and Schnall would become the co-majority owners and Jordan would still maintain a minority stake in the team:

Well, if that happens and Jordan tries to run the team anyway, I hope they have balls enough to tell him to STFU. :grin: