Charlotte Hornets šŸ

Could be a very interesting draft lottery tonight. Obviously getting Wembanyama would be huge and itā€™s not crazy impossible for it to happen. However, if the Hornets donā€™t get the #1 pick, what do you do then. The next 5 or so predicted picks donā€™t seem like clear-cut picks for the Hornets. They donā€™t need Scoot Henderson. Brandon Miller has his off the court issues. Then most people have the Thompson twins next, yet thereā€™s no clear-cut pick of which one should go first.

I fear this could end up like the MKG draft, where the Hornets have a top 4 pick but are unable to get a franchise player unless they get the #1 pick.

2 Likes

My bet, if we donā€™t get Wemby, is to pick Scoot and work out the issues or pick Whitmore. Whitmore is basically Miles Bridges, but younger with the ability to guard a SG. Iā€™d run Melo, Whitmore, Bridges, Washington, and Williams out as a starting line-up and run every team to death.

Would not be shocked to see us draft Henderson, then turnaround and trade him. Another SGA situation.

Hornets probably drop to 8th. Dallas will probably win it

GD it!!!

The fā€™ing spurs?

So they get a third generational center in 4 decades.

This sucks.

The hornets should sell / disband.

They will never ever be good. Itā€™s hopeless

Maybe they can trade down to Orlando and get too bites at the Apple. They need to do something to shake things up.

The gulf between 1 and 2 in this draft is miles high and we donā€™t need the consensus #2 scoot Henderson.

Why donā€™t the hornets need the 2nd best player in the draft? I guarantee you the 2nd best player in the draft is a career starter in the nba barring injury.

Plays the same position as Lamelo Ball.

Having two elite players at the same back court position or center usually causes problems.

Now.

If you want to make a case that Henderson has a better potential than Ball and you want to trade Ball, thatā€™s possible.

But you donā€™t want both. Itā€™s not gonna work.

Letā€™s talk about this in 5-7 years. I believe you gotta pick best player available and figure it out. If they pick the 2nd (or even 1st) best player in the draft, theyā€™ll be a great player for Charlotte.

Second best player can be traded if need be, but I donā€™t trust the Hornets to get good value or a good position fit in the trade.

MKG was a second pick anddddd

3 Likes
1 Like

2nd best player or 2nd pick?

The 2nd best would have been Damian Lillard

1 Like

Like Lillard though you donā€™t have to use the second pick on the second best player. You may be able to trade down and still find the second best guy if your scout team knows their shit.

1 Like

For the Hornets, I think the best pick would be Whitmore. He can be obtained between 4 to 7. He is big enough to play SG thru PF and I think he would complement Melo on the court. I wouldnā€™t be opposed to drafting the consensus second best player, Scoot. Scoot plays point, but he is a lot like Rozier who is more of a combo guard. Melo also plays well off the ball. I think they could share the ball handling responsibilities. It would be a very dynamic backcourt. Scoot is incredibly athletic and if I remember correctly has about 5 inches more reach than Rozier. This would allow him to play better defense then Rozier.

I think this is key. Miller is the most logical pick. But do the Hornets want to take the chance after the situation with Bridges.

The question with Henderson in my mind is, will he be a Derrick Rose or will he be a Dennis Smith? Personally, I prefer pass first PGs, which we already have in Melo. So that makes Henderson a 6ā€™2" SF in my opinion.

I think Scoot is more Rose than Smith. Scoot has made and is making to many moves that make me think he is legit. He went to the GLeague at 17 and wasnā€™t played off the floor. He went toe to toe with Wemby in back to back games. He has joined up with Steph Curry for a mentorship program for him. I think he has his head on straight and his body has all the talent in the world. We already have a good a PG in Melo, but so far he is fragile. It would be great to have someone who could play beside and replace him when injured. If Iā€™m looking at 2 prospects of Scoot and Miller than Iā€™m picking Miller. Miller is a great talent, but his lack of burst and off court issues worry me.

1 Like