Charlotte joins the AAC

We are fine except revenue sports. We have a big problem to fix with football and we need to expand that stadium ASAP so we don’t look silly in that league. An IPF is also a high level need.

In hoops, if Sanchez can just make the program respectable… Halton needs some updating but it’s not to the point where its a dire need.

We already have a ridiculous tennis facility, and baseball and softball got important upgrades they needed.

Eventually we need a new soccer stadium too.

Other than that, we are okay I think. It’s just that the top 2 things are such a big deal.

3 Likes

Does the AAC require press conference backdrops to be ironed? If so, we are far behind at that too.

Conceivable this year is last time we win any games for 3-4 years

1 Like

We just beat a team that is joining us in the AAC by 35.

2 Likes

Negative. In the new NCAA flipping a roster is easier than ever. UCF went from awful to great in a season.

1 Like

When was UCF “awful” they have won at least 6 for the last 5 years… I would love that kind of consistency but they have been decent.

From Wiki:

On December 1, 2015, Frost was hired as the head football coach at UCF. Frost replaced long time UCF head coach George O’Leary and the interim head coach , who took over the Knights when O’Leary resigned following an 0–8 start. The Knights went on to finish 0–12 that year. Frost immediately turned UCF around. He won six games in 2016, taking the Knights to the 2016 Cure Bowl, where they lost to Arkansas State. In 2017, the Knights stormed through the regular season, finishing 11–0.

1 Like

I feel you, it’s tough to be optimistic right now but as others have stated above positive change can happen quickly.

Other teams have had even worse struggles and turned things around.

Western Kentucky once went 1–26 against FBS opponents in a row.

For us niner faithful we just have to keep the faith, keep supporting our team and never give up.

I’ve been niner green since 1987 and I’m gonna be niner green when I die.

4 Likes

Fair enough, didn’t look far enough back… hopefully we get someone that can turn it around, I’d be happy with a few 5-7 wins per year seasons… do’nt even need a 11-0 one lol

Yeah certainly not expecting that kind of flip. Just that with the right guy we can be very competitive very quickly and given the system in place now it’s easier than ever. Have to hire the right guy though and the odds say we are over due.

Last year we beat Duke and had a half time lead against Illinois, these are lower level power 5 teams, but they are still power 5, I know that this year was extremely disappointing, and I have been as critical as anybody on this forum about our team, but we have the foundation and resources to be a respectable, competitive member of the AAC in football, obviously we need to upgrade the facilities, recruiting, and on the field play, but we are not out of our league by joining the AAC, if we can beat and hang with lower level ACC and Big 10 teams than we can be competitive in the AAC with the right coaching staff

3 Likes

Looks like we have been paired with ECU and Navy.
Edit: Only ECU not both. We skip 2024 with Navy.

3 Likes

Memphis and Navy at home next year. Nice. Or would be haha.

MEMPHIS, NAVY MAKE FIRST TRIPS TO CHARLOTTE IN 2023
In 2023, Charlotte’s first as a member of the league, the 49ers will host Florida Atlantic, Memphis, Navy and Rice while playing at East Carolina, SMU, South Florida and Tulsa. Charlotte’s non-conference slate in 2023 includes home dates with South Carolina State and Georgia State and road games at Maryland and Florida.

3 Likes

Why do they not respect the fact we are already using CLT? Shame on them.

2 Likes

Just win baby and it’ll all be fixed

2 Likes

AAC logo on the football unis.

https://twitter.com/hunter_bailey45/status/1633899381110784030?s=46&t=yxzaEd-PudIwby_dAuBVuA

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/American_Conf/status/1673323224694677504?s=20

5 Likes

No mention of our basketball or football programs.

1 Like

That’s crazy! No mention of our CBI Title. :frowning:

1 Like

clt will miss the cusa title 9 commercial