Charlotte joins the AAC

We’re in the news for the AAC announcement, no need to announce stadium expansion plans immediately. Wait till this starts to die down then break them out to get back in the headlines.

1 Like

clt says time to make those contributions

2 Likes
1 Like

Contribution made. Wish it could be more but we give what we can. Maybe this can pay for a couple feet of concrete in the new SSS.

3 Likes

The key to our future now (besides winning tonight), is more donors. Bigger donors is great, but more donors is what will allow us to achieve our goals. Give $49 per year, and know that you are the foundation for what Mike Hill is building.

2 Likes

clt has donated as well

1 Like

I gave 49.00 per year for a long long time. Every dollar counts. Every bit of alumni engagement counts.

1 Like

I had already donated my annual amount with a company match…but will donate another $49.49 just for the announcement.

But I’m going big on my next annual donation with the company match…might even go Green Jacket for the first time ever!!

What is green jacket? is it 500 a year? I thought it that was it a long time ago…

Gassman, you may want to repost that without any of your CC # listed. Even the last few digits is a potential security risk. Just my $.02

How about this:

https://twitter.com/Charlotte49ers/status/1451258774539276298?t=aeurkUHtagzu8nS6HU8JHw&s=19

You forgot the 1:

$1,500

It’s $1500. My company match maxes at $500…so I will at least do that and get to $1000. Just not sure if I want to kick in another $500 or not…may depend on how pumped I am after basketball season!!

As for now…I’m pretty pumped…just donated $149.49 instead of just the $49.49 I had planned on for the AAC announcement!! Combined with my earlier Annual giving that puts me close to where my max donation level has been before…which was after Healy’s bowl season.

I might be able to go green jacket one day when I’m done paying for the kids college. One day…… apparently the boys a good student and plans to go to grad school.
Season 2 Wow GIF by Friends

Presser today, courtesy of Agent 49.

I have to say, as excited as I am by today’s announcement, it truly feels more like a homecoming than the start of something new…felt similar with the return to CUSA, but now I feel that athletics is in a far better place to succeed than 5-7 years ago. There will still be lots of road-bumps, but the future is now. F*** the naysayers, prove them wrong…tonight is a step in that ladder.

2 Likes

if it was ODU for their sake I hope it was a situation where they still need to get their ducks in a row in terms of finances and they will be ready in the next round. otherwise if this is a hard stance they could get left behind by JMU in the next round when the american might need to expand if they lose 4 and they look east to expand

My employer (wake Forest Baptist) just merged with Atrium. Anyone know if Atrium does matching? Also pic from my seat tonight. Beautiful night to beat FAU.

1 Like

Atrium does not. Just left a job with them, they never mentioned any thing about matching in 5 years I worked there.

1 Like

Good to hear from Hill on today’s ESPN 730 “The Afternoon Rush” about ECU’s support for our candidacy for AAC membership. Sounds like he and Pirates AD Jon Gilbert already have a pretty good relationship.

3 Likes

We are not getting any love in the comments section on youtube regarding AAC expansion, most of the comments argue that Coastal, App St, and Marshall were better pics and that they cant understand why Charlotte was even considered, nationally we have no respect as a program, I hope that this motivates our athletic program, our coaches, and our fan base to show the rest of the country what we can be, make they know our name, make them respect us, this is our opportunity to make them regret their words and make the Charlotte region proud, GO NINERS!