Charlotte joins the AAC

I think top 4 in conference within 5 years of moving to AAC is a fair goal. Without the top dogs in the league there is a chance we could make it a bit quicker, but thats gonna be a tall order unless the next two classes are pretty highly rated.

Patience is needed folks. Remember the 1-11 season? Remember when we had never beaten a P5? Remember when we had a .500 record with Gardner Webb? Never beaten FIU? We are improving and we need to acknowledge that it will be awhile to do all we want. We had a bad game and are not who we thought we were. We will expand the stadium, we will party at the Normbulance, we will get better recruits. Ron will win more games. Breathe in, breathe out. Things are getting better.

2 Likes

Facilities are not needed now…

We have years to build…

Etc etc. It’s all being soft peddled.

I expected an expansion presentation for the stadium within a week of the AAC announcement, and it sounds like there is no way in hell we are gonna get it.

Also the 'insiders" who were saying we had expansion paid for or nearly paid for suddenly started saying “and now we have to find a way to pay for it” as of yesterday.

The goalposts are constantly moving because there is no transparency.

Ahhhhh…goal posts for Master Plan.

Haven’t heard the insinuation of those being pushed back but if you have then yeah that sucks. Was expecting both to drop relatively close together. Still don’t think we get in without that being a part of it so it’s gonna HAVE to get done. Just the when is frustrating.

Expand or put up some temporary bleachers. Time to start acting like a power university. Love all we are doing but time to make some more aggressive moves. We have momentum so take advantage of it. Community will rally if we stimulate enthusiasm. We have the leadership now to make this happen!

I don’t think its being pushed back at all. I just think we have a timeline we are operating under with regards to when we build and they aren’t going to rush into building this offseason just because we are going into the AAC.

I do still expect the plan to be released soon. I have no idea where it is with how much has been raised. I just know meetings with some potential heavy hitters has been happening.

I do want to get something going so that we are issuing debt at historically low rates.

I trust our current admin to do the right thing. The fan base must contribute to show an appetite for greatness and an expectation to achieve at a high level. Our potential is only limited by our desire to achieve.

Also, we need to stand up to the UNC system and not let them continue to put governors on our progress. This was the primary failure of our previous administration. I could not have more confidence in Gabber and Hill. To both of you, please do not back down. Charlotte is behind both of you and appreciative of the tremendous success you have already achieved.

Yes, I know both of you are reading this!

2 Likes

All we need is some old school wooden bleachers, an outside Club Lit and more beer venders. Dancing bears, frisbee dogs, this lamp and this thermos, thats all I need

1 Like

I would take a basketball halftime show over the marching band. I’ve never appreciated the marching band. I’m sure others do. Maybe if they played current remix songs.

Who’s saying we’re pushing back stadium expansion?

To me we just keep making excuses as to why our program cant do this and cant do that, we need X amount of years to be competitive, X amount of years to acquire depth, X amount of years to recruit conference USA/ AAC talent, we are now in a conference with a team known as the South Florida Bulls, and if you look at their first 10 years as a football program you will see that they were able to start off at the then I-AA (FCS) level, and were competitive all 4 years, finishing with a winning record 3 out of 4 years, moved up to I-A (FBS), joined Conference USA, for a few years, and moved up again to the Big East (AAC), in 2007, their 8th year playing football, they were ranked as the #2 team in the nation at one point, what is the difference between us and them, leadership, at both the AD and Chancellor positions, now we have that but we are playing catch up, it can be done, lets quit making excuses and get it done, South Florida did

7 Likes

Love the marching band too, it adds so much to the atmosphere.

2 Likes

FWIW, USF is now pretty much irrelevant in both football and MBB.

You found 1 example. It can be done but 1 example means it’s ridiculously rare. Happening once means it’s possible but certainly not probable.

Hope is one thing we all have…but the reality is that your S. Fla example is the exception not the norm.

Most often than not…it is a process that takes time like it or not.

Love the band. But if I hear Uprising from Muse again I may scream. They need to diversify their repertoire a bit.

1 Like

The point is, it can be done with the right leadership, and that has been the problem, Georgia St, UTSA are both start up programs around the same time as us, and Georgia St dominated us this year and UTSA is ranked and undefeated, and the team that just kicked our ass up and down the field did not start football at the FBS level until 2006, Coastal started at the FBS level in 2017 and they are ranked and beating power five teams regularly, Our former leadership combination of Dubois and Rose is the reason for our lack of success on the football field, South Florida proves what a start up football program can do with the right leadership behind them

4 Likes

Let’s show some appreciation for our move up to the AAC. Donate to the Charlotte 49ers AD in some amount. Any contribution shows a vote of confidence and will go a long way.

Also, purchase a flag with the new logo and place it in front of your home. This will encourage our base and bring us recognition. I am very encouraged by the number of homes in my neighborhood and around town that are proudly presenting our new logo.

6 Likes

Just to be clear - I donated the day we announced and posted about it earlier in this thread. I also have lots of new logo 49er flags, gear etc that I display regularly.

That said, I don’t like the timetable talk about facilities that I have seen and heard embedded in discussions about us joining the league. This is kicking the dead horse, but at some point you have to actually start acting like you belong or you’re just pretending. That goes for GameDay for our revenue programs too.

1 Like

I’d say this leadership just got us in the AAC. They have prioritized winning. Nearly every sport is better now than it was. We are raising more money now than we ever have. The only blemish on their record is extending Sanchez twice. I’d say trust that they know what they are doing. The expansion is going to happen and it’s gonna happen soon.

Just relax. It’s all ok. Enjoy the moment. The can didn’t get kicked down the road.5ju.

We just aren’t letting the league tell us when to kick it or how far to kick it.

2 Likes