Charlotte/Miami in Halton, on a Tuesday @ 9PM...

Game would’ve been better on a Saturday to preserve a legitimate atmosphere. Don’t see that being possible at 9PM on a Tuesday before Thanksgiving. I know TV scheduling is the domineering factor, but good lord…

Anyone want to take a shot at the Over/Under on attendance?

9:00 tip?

Students will be rowdy.

[quote=“donkeyjaws, post:1, topic:29049”]Game would’ve been better on a Saturday to preserve a legitimate atmosphere. Don’t see that being possible at 9PM on a Tuesday before Thanksgiving. I know TV scheduling is the domineering factor, but good lord…

Anyone want to take a shot at the Over/Under on attendance?[/quote]

[quote=“donkeyjaws, post:1, topic:29049”]Game would’ve been better on a Saturday to preserve a legitimate atmosphere. Don’t see that being possible at 9PM on a Tuesday before Thanksgiving. I know TV scheduling is the domineering factor, but good lord…

We had a nationally televised 10:00 game against Cincinnati in the original CUSA. Halton was packed and we won.

[quote=“PARMAN, post:4, topic:29049”][quote=“donkeyjaws, post:1, topic:29049”]Game would’ve been better on a Saturday to preserve a legitimate atmosphere. Don’t see that being possible at 9PM on a Tuesday before Thanksgiving. I know TV scheduling is the domineering factor, but good lord…

We had a nationally televised 10:00 game against Cincinnati in the original CUSA. Halton was packed and we won.[/quote]Cincinnati game > Miami game.

Some of the best atmospheres I have seen at Halton have been late start games. I think this is a heck of a lot better than a 4pm, 5pm, or 6pm start time even if it were on a Saturday.

clt says the students will leave early due to heat, or sunburn.

Most of the students will be gone, which is probably why Miami agreed to play in Halton in the first place. The students that are in off-campus apartments or that can hang around somewhere until gametime will be here, but I don’t expect there to be many in the upper sections on that side. I’m glad it’s on the Tuesday instead of the Wednesday. The trip down on Thanksgiving travel Wednesday is terrible. I think it was Mississippi State we played on that day several years ago and it took me almost an hour extra to get down 85 to the game.

Was that THE Mississippi State game? (the one where we played like crap)

One of the problems with relying on students to fill half the arena is the arena is closer to empty when the students are gone. Of course, the arena was already almost empty last year, so we may not be losing too much. With that said, I do hate to lose most of the student portion of the home court advantage.

Was that THE Mississippi State game? (the one where we played like crap)[/quote]
That’s it. We mustered 9 points in the first half, and 38 for the game. Brutally ugly. Attendance was 6362 that night, and that was when we were coming off an NCAA trip the season prior. We’ll do good to hit 6k this game.

Was that THE Mississippi State game? (the one where we played like crap)[/quote]
That’s it. We mustered 9 points in the first half, and 38 for the game. Brutally ugly. Attendance was 6362 that night, and that was when we were coming off an NCAA trip the season prior. We’ll do good to hit 6k this game.[/quote]The EJ Drayton Palming call still ranks as one of the worst I’ve seen in person.

That’s it. We mustered 9 points in the first half, and 38 for the game. Brutally ugly. Attendance was 6362 that night, and that was when we were coming off an NCAA trip the season prior. We’ll do good to hit 6k this game.[/quote] Classic Lutz quote on post game. “I’ve never had a team score 9 points in a half before, and that includes my middle school girls team.”

(He actually did once coach a middle school girls team)

No problem with 9pm start. Some of my best Niner bball memories are from late games in Halton.

One of my best was a midnight ESPN game in the mine shaft against ETSU when they had a really good squad. We lost but it was a great time and a rowdy Niner crowd.

One of my best was a midnight ESPN game in the mine shaft against ETSU when they had a really good squad. We lost but it was a great time and a rowdy Niner crowd.[/quote]

Keith “Mr” Jenning’s team

That’s it. We mustered 9 points in the first half, and 38 for the game. Brutally ugly. Attendance was 6362 that night, and that was when we were coming off an NCAA trip the season prior. We’ll do good to hit 6k this game.[/quote] Classic Lutz quote on post game. “I’ve never had a team score 9 points in a half before, and that includes my middle school girls team.”

(He actually did once coach a middle school girls team)[/quote]
He also coached a girls HS team to a state championship in his only year there (Parkwood HS).

Yep. Several of the classic Cincy games were 9 or 9:30 tip times.

Yep. Several of the classic Cincy games were 9 or 9:30 tip times.[/quote]

It seems like most of them were. One good thing about a late tip on that day is it allows us to miss some of the early holiday traffic.

Yep. Several of the classic Cincy games were 9 or 9:30 tip times.[/quote]

It seems like most of them were. One good thing about a late tip on that day is it allows us to drink more before the game.[/quote]

FTFY

Have you not watched our games vs Miami, we need the time to drink after games much more…