Charlotte @ North Texas 10/10 8PM ESPNU

The one where we played, by far (100 yards per game and 7 points per game) the worst defense in CUSA.

Which one did you watch?

Jesus Christ!!! Can we just freaking enjoy our first win of the season. I love the banter that this forum brings, but we find negatives with everything. A win is a win. There are always things that could have gone better. This is the case for every game of every sport since there have been sports. I don’t care who the coach is and who actually brought the player to the 49ers; all I care about is that we finally have a W. Let’s move on to an undefeated season from this point forward.

9 Likes

Ben…“Glad we PULLED THIS ONE OUT”

He is Niner through and through now. He even considers a 28 point win barely “pulling one out”, just like the fans.

one thing you can easily notice is the talent difference in the freshmen we’re bringing in now. guys like thompson, mcheachern, etc, are early contributors and aren’t even are most heavily recruited newbies. if we can add another quality DT in the offseason and figure out the secondary, we’ll be money.

1 Like

Cowboys Prescott just scored on the same play we scored on with Reynolds catching the TD pass.

Many years of having to eat crap sandwiches will do that to a fanbase.

Let’s keep winning and turn it around!

3 Likes

so just curious. After 600 yards, and 49 points… what would have been a good offensive output in your eyes?

We had the ball 14 times. One ended the game. 5 were punts. We had 2 three and outs.

It is my sincere hope that recruits are smarter than to buy in to things like this, but the constant negativity does absolutely nothing to help the program.

2 Likes

He suffers from what most of us suffer from.

“Pulling a Ninerism”

Even up 21 points for most of the second half I kept wondering when it would all fall apart and they’d score 4 TDs on us in a quarter. I didn’t feel “Safe” till we hit 49 and even then I thought we’d probably cough up 2 TD’s before end of regulation.

Their qb had a great arm, but couldn’t put it where he wanted it. A lot of the drops the announcers were talking about were not so great throws.

Also, the three knees we took at the end of the game took us from 605 yards to 599.

We had great offensive output against NT. We should have. Of the 76 teams playing football this year, they are 75th in total defense (580 ypg) and scoring defense (46 ppg). So we did what we should have done.

Prior to this game, there were certainly questions about the offense from people other than me. Especially play calling. We were averaging 4.9 yards per play versus 6.2 last year. We averaged 8.4 versus NT. Now we are back up to 6.1. So there was certainly a regression in the first 2 games compared to last year.

FIU is a very poor defensive team too so I expect more of the same this week.

2 Likes

It feels very good to completely dominate a team and keep our foot on the accelerator in the fourth quarter when it looked for a minute like NT had some momentum.

McAllister was a complete killer. Thrilled for Taylor Thompson to catch his first TD.

5 Likes

Yes, Nice to keep putting up points and answer almost every time we needed to.

Big turning point of the game was when we went up 7-0, Next series NT drove it down to inside our 5 trying to answer with a TD. We got the 4th down stop, and then drove it 96 yards for the TD. Never looked back from there.

4th down stop:

4 Likes

I agree that they were an inferior team, but isn’t that a good thing. We are now competitively playing teams within our conference when we aren’t actually the inferior one. Like I had stated earlier, there is always room for improvement. All successes are littered with “things that could have gone better”. We did indeed do what was expected when playing UNT, however the differences in the past were that we wouldn’t have. I don’t care about their record, quality of players, etc. All I care about is the win. Notwithstanding the year of COVID and the change up on how the NBA finals were played, the Lakers (with much distain from me) still are labeled the Champions even though they played a much more inferior team.

I just respectfully ask that when we win, dammit, let’s celebrate as a fan base. There can be discussions about some things that could have gone better, however we seem to talk more negatively about our team when we win than when we lose.

3 Likes

McAllister CUSA Offensive POW.

5 Likes

You are right. They were our peer last year and our bitch this year.

We are passing programs and if you aren’t seeing and enjoying that, I feel bad for you.

5 Likes
5 Likes

I guess whoever voted didn’t take into account how bad North Texas really is. :wink:

6 Likes