Charlotte @ North Texas 10/10 8PM ESPNU

This team still has a lot of work to do. They got steamrolled on a few drives last night only to have NT implode in the red zone. NT is a bad team coming off of a loss to 1-3 So. Miss. They put up 2 less first downs and almost 500 yards. I didn’t see the defense step up as much as I saw the NT offense step down. I thought the offensive play calling was puzzling at best and Charlotte used some new wrinkles that the next team will have film on.

Reynolds must still be hurting as he has been all but eliminated from the run game. He handed the ball off a couple of times for a loss or no gain when he should have kept it and run. I thought Shoffner posed a much bigger risk of running back there and he has the body to take the hits or deliver them.

Next up (maybe) is FIU who didn’t look impressive yesterday against a bad MT team, but has been close in each of their games.

Couldn’t disagree more to the “Lambert guys” statement.

We played and got contributions (by my count, and I could be off) 10 true freshman, five Healy juco’s, and seven transfers and I’m not counting guys like Panda who played but were not huge contributors today. And I’m not counting guys like Elder, or McMillian who are sophomores this season.

Healy has made a lot of good happen DESPITE what Lambert left him in a short amount of time.

Again, I still don’t know if Healy knows anything about football, but having motivated guys who are getting hugged coming off the field for just covering a punt we’ll are things that will keep them engaged, rooting for each other, and able preform perhaps past their ability’s.

And at this level, I’m great with that.

2 Likes

Just a thought. I think from now on this should be written this way: Club LiT.

1 Like

This was an impressive win that we needed. We gave up a ton of yards but were able to limit a dynamic NT offense to 21 points. There’s still a lot to fix on D but I’ll take that every day on D.

Reynolds was a magician yesterday, the couple of under throws were because he was under pressure, the pass to McAllister was perfection. The run game was diversified and was great to see it get on track even if it was against a bad NT D.

NT fought and clawed all the way to the end but every time they appeared to be on the verge of making it a game we answered.Good win now let’s see if we can get a streak going.

NM. Duplicate

McAllister deserves to start over Harbison. What a night he had!

4 Likes

I’m not worried about who is the starter, but I’d love us to kee spreading the ball to our RB’s to ease up on the wear and tear.

I think 2018 Since we came up is the only year we have had a feature back play in all games because they were healthy.

Harrison is a good rb that bruises defensive players as is McAllister. Let’s use them both and keep them fresh. McAllister maybe doesn’t make those two runs late if he’s had 25 carries.

Does anybody have the two play sequence where A Mac crushed a linebacker in between the tackles and then juked the safety out of his cleats on the next snap?

that was awesome. he doesn’t look like he’s moving that fast bc he’s so big but he has some serious speed and agility.

I just watched and deleted my recording of it.

Lots to smile about… #1 on my list- Mark Carney

2 Likes

Showed power, quickness, speed and elusiveness all in about 30 seconds and 2 plays!

I’ve rewatched the game twice on ESPN on demand and that 2 play sequence about a dozen times.

Impressive.

Then throw in his 1st 40 yard run and the 70 yard TD reception…he used this game as his NFL hype reel!!!

2 Likes

If he continues to play like he did yesterday & with the big plays he had in the first 2 games (even though one didn’t count against FAU) he has to be getting the attention of NFL scouts. He has the rare combination of power & speed that will serve him well at the next level.

Hugging players coming off the field? Let’s not set the bar too high for coach.

If “despite what Lambert left him” you mean Highsmith, Davis, Lamay, Reynolds, Tucker, McAllister, DeLuca I don’t get your point.

It’s too early to know if Healy can coach although the offensive regression is concerning. I understand the comment about “his guys” needing to make major contributions. May just be too early.

Time will tell on both issues.

2 Likes

Offensive regression? What game did you watch last night?

2 Likes

Great. In 2016, we had 5 nfl players, 2 practice squad players, a Canadian player and about another 6 that went nfl camps. We went 4-8.

I’ll put it terms you might understand.

A company has good salesmen but crappy management.
New management comes in changes something, motivates people, and now your sales up with the same people.

Lemay caught two td passes in 3 years. He caught four in the last 7 games last season. Same with Highsmith and sacks. Same with Reynolds and rushing.

We had 20 three and four Star guys on the roster last season. 8 of those were Healy players. We have 39 on the roster this season. 1.5 recruiting classes.

But you keep think that Healy success is due to what Lambert did.

2 Likes

Healy’s success will be his own and have nothing to do with Lambert. I was just pointing out that Lambert certainly left some talent on this team. It wasn’t a “bare cupboard” as some have described it.