Charlotte Tabs Aaron Fearne as Interim Head Men's Basketball Coach for 2023-24

Now, go get our players back.

2 Likes

Underwhelming decision, I understand that it may be the best decision in the long run due to the timing of the Sanchez departure, but this just takes all of the energy , anticipation, and excitement from the fan base, it is just going to be a wasted season, the only thing to look forward to is the end of the season when we can groom our new potential head coaching candidates

We will be lucky to get 10

2 Likes

Not surprised if some coaches turned down the job. Maybe they decided they didn’t want to screw over their current players/school by leaving this late. Along with that coming into an unknown situation where numerous players may have up and left, leaving you trying to put together a team at this late time.

2 Likes

It’s the right move considering the timing. If Sanchez leaves in April, the calculus is very different, but unless we could hit a home run/steal a great coach for a low price, then Fearne is the right move. If he wins and gets an extension, cool. If not, we go hire someone in the typical window for coaching changes with a much better pool and maybe even some AAC $$$ in pocket. It’s a win win and only risk is the impact it recruiting with the ‘interim’ title.

4 Likes

I like this statement from Fearne:

“We will play with pace, attack the glass, and apply pressure to our opponents in all phases of the game."

13 Likes

Thats right!

2 Likes

And slap ol Ronnie boy right in the face ! :grin:
Best of luck Aaron !

3 Likes

I hope so. I’m far from sure we will have the roster to do that, though.

1 Like

this is so interesting to me lol real madrid GIF

clt says no more of this!

1 Like

We could have done this all last Thursday and we should have.

5 Likes

And now we’ve lost a supporter.

1 Like

We did not anticipate lack on interest.

Maybe it’s because we are paying half the median salary of AAC coaches. That’s on hill.

2 Likes

At least this former fan was a man of his word.

1 Like

Its a lot to ask a coach to abandon their current squad in June, unless his name is Ron Sanchez.

3 Likes

Agree. This was the right move. This is an awful time of the year to be looking for a new head coach. I hope Fearne knocks it out of the park. It was apparent that the players supported him. We should see good effort. Let’s see what happens. I am more likely to attend games next season with Fearne as head coach than Sanchez. Go Niners!

6 Likes

Going to have to pump more money in the program for coaches and NIL.

1 Like

clt will definitely attend more games now

Fearne!

4 Likes

I think we need to start fundraising if we want to complain about the hire. I feel very confident that our low pay rate was a big reason why we lost out on some candidates.

That said, I hope retaining Fearne will retain enough players to at least be somewhat competitive. It would also be a huge deal to get Jackson to exit the portal and return to the team. We really need him.

3 Likes