Charlotte "the most disappointing team in the A10 last season"

A fan-written article…

[URL=http://www.examiner.com/x-7770-Saint-Josephs-Hawks-Examiner%7Ey2009m5d22-A-way-too-early-preview-of-the-200910-Atlantic-10-mens-basketball-season-1410th-place]http://www.examiner.com/x-7770-Saint-Josephs-Hawks-Examiner~y2009m5d22-A-way-too-early-preview-of-the-200910-Atlantic-10-mens-basketball-season-1410th-place[/URL]

Mind you, the guy who wrote it is a graduate of Monmouth, so that might explain the 10th place pick…ha!

I thought it was a well written article, and his insights were pretty spot on.

Not a bad prediction considering how bad we were last year.

Not bad, I don’t think he knew that Bowden didn’t play last year from his comments. I think everyone on this board knows we are going to go as far as Braswell and Bowden take us.

Not bad, I don't think he knew that Bowden didn't play last year from his comments. I think everyone on this board knows we are going to go as far as Braswell and Bowden take us.
  • Spears.
+ Spears.

Yes, I am more excited to see him play than Braswell. Don’t get me wrong, I am excited about both, but after hearing about the intensity of Spears, I can’t wait. I heard he got kicked out of practice a few times for being too intense.

He was right in alluding to the fact that if we don’t get a SG to play well, then we’re screwed.

everyone on this board knows we are going to go as far as Braswell and Bowden take us.

IMO, Spears will do much more this season to carry us than Braswell. Braswell will give us some needed size and rebounding, but I really think Spears will be our main threat in the post.

I just don’t see an undersized PF dominating if there isn’t a significant threat from another position. I know he put up good numbers at BC, but I don’t believe he was the “go-to” guy… please correct me if I’m wrong.

We really, really, really need Bowden to be good. Hopefully some of you that have seen him more can attest to his skills. Is he going to play in the summer leagues?

Spears is our leader. Go watch a practice. The end. He is a MONSTER. Physically and mentally.

The main thing at SG is that we have depth. Just having Shamarr in the lineup will greatly improve what Shad and Ian are able to do. Ian will finally be able to fill his role instead of being forced to be everything at once at the SG position. Same for Coleman. The depth will do so much for us, and that’s not even considering our depth at wing and what should be a nasty frontcourt.

Practice can’t compare to game situations with coaches planning to shut down an undersized PF if he’s the only threat.

[QUOTE=eason49;409892]Practice can’t compare to game situations with coaches planning to shut down an undersized PF if he’s the only threat.[/QUOTE]

He plays much larger than his size. Spears will be fine.

He plays much larger than his size. Spears will be fine.
I hope so. He seems to have a ton of passion and intensity, I can't wait to see him play.

I’ll be the jerk who knocks his review. His comments about us being disappointing are spot on, but not knowing that Bowden didnt play and not bothering to mention Spears means he wrote the prediction based on reading a scouts or rivals summary.

If we finish 10th in the A10 next season, heads will roll. And before the anti-Bobby crowd gets riled up on my comment, I’d bet he’d be the first person to react if that happens. There’s no way that will satisfy him or anyone else. I dunno what he’ll say publicly, but I’m confident that he expects to be in the hunt (top 4 or 5) next year. He’s reloaded his roster and filled in the gaps fairly well. No excuses now. We have to win some games.

ill tell you when we should be worried, its when we finish tenth and arent considered a dissapointment.

I'll be the jerk who knocks his review. His comments about us being disappointing are spot on, but not knowing that Bowden didnt play and not bothering to mention Spears means he wrote the prediction based on reading a scouts or rivals summary.

If we finish 10th in the A10 next season, heads will roll. And before the anti-Bobby crowd gets riled up on my comment, I’d bet he’d be the first person to react if that happens. There’s no way that will satisfy him or anyone else. I dunno what he’ll say publicly, but I’m confident that he expects to be in the hunt (top 4 or 5) next year. He’s reloaded his roster and filled in the gaps fairly well. No excuses now. We have to win some games.

Where do you see us finishing? I’d be sad, but not surprised if we finished 7th or worse.

there is no reason with the talent we have that we cant win the a10, especially if derrick brown doesnt come back.

there is no reason with the talent we have that we cant win the a10, especially if derrick brown doesnt come back.
It's unproven talent, mostly, though.

[QUOTE=eason49;409910]It’s unproven talent, mostly, though.[/QUOTE]

ill take unproven talent over proven medicrioty.

[QUOTE=ninerfan55;409911]ill take unproven talent over proven medicrioty.[/QUOte]

i like this.