Charlotte to BCA Invitational...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/bask…l.ap/index.html

Its official… not a large article… but any press is good press

CBS Sportsline link

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/8704937

And in our hometown Observer:

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/spo…te/12305466.htm

[b]North Carolina State won last year's Black Coaches Association Invitational.[/b]

is it just me or does state have black coaches?? and i thought we only had 1

Time to recap the 2005-06 schedule…

Home Games
Davidson, 11/30/05
DAYTON
DUQUESNE
GEORGE WASHINGTON
Indiana
Mississippi State, 11/23/05
Portland
RHODE ISLAND
RICHMOND
SAINT LOUIS
TEMPLE
Valparaiso
UNC Asheville
XAVIER

Road/Neutral Site Games
BCA Invitational @ Wyoming, 11/13-15/05
vs. Coppin State, 11/13/05
vs. Lehigh or Northwestern, 11/14/05
vs. Alabama State, Butler, UNCW, or Wyoming, 11/15/05
@ DAYTON
@ FORDHAM
@ GEORGE WASHINGTON
@ Georgia State
@ LASALLE
@ Louisiana Lafayette
@ UMASS
@ RICHMOND
@ Rutgers
@ ST. BONAVENTURE
@ SAINT JOSEPH’S
@ Wake Forest, 02/11/06
@ A-10 TOURNAMENT, US Bank Arena, Cincinnati, 3/8-11/06

[CAPS = A-10 game]

[b][b]Charlotte, the favorite to win the Atlantic 10 in its first season in the conference[/b], headlines the eight-team field for the BCA Invitational, to be played Nov. 13-15 at the University of Wyoming.[/b]

Nice. Somebody let the Dayton fans know we aren’t getting too carried away in thinking we can win the A-10.

[i]Originally posted by X-49er[/i]@Aug 5 2005, 11:00 AM [b]
[b][b]Charlotte, the favorite to win the Atlantic 10 in its first season in the conference[/b], headlines the eight-team field for the BCA Invitational, to be played Nov. 13-15 at the University of Wyoming.[/b]

Nice. Somebody let the Dayton fans know we aren’t getting too carried away in thinking we can win the A-10. [/b]

X, I found that sorta odd. As far as I know, the coaches and sportswriters have yet to vote on who they think will win the A-10 in 05-06. :rolleyes: When all is said and done, I still think GW will get the nod to repeat as A-10 champs. We’ll certainly be in the top 3.

if we dont win this little tournament, that will be a BAD way to start off the year. not only do we need to win, we need to make a statement and win by an average of about 15 points.

[i]Originally posted by Chisox17[/i]@Aug 5 2005, 11:19 AM [b] if we dont win this little tournament, that will be a BAD way to start off the year. not only do we need to win, we need to make a statement and win by an average of about 15 points. [/b]
Don't think it will be a problem getting to the championship game versus Wyoming. Beating the Cowboys on their home court will be difficult -- not impossible -- but difficult.

I certainly hope those teams are better in 05-06. Their respective RPIs in 04-05 weren’t too good:

Coppin State (14-15) #151
Lehigh (13-15) #240 or Northwestern (15-16) #121
Wyoming (15-13 / 11-3 @ home) #123

Sweet tournament…they might as well play the All-Star teams from the Jeff McInnis summer league. These games will not help any RPI or ratings, so I guess we’re taking the Georgetown “schedule of cupcakes” title.

Miss. State at home? I’d like to see that game.

Does anyone else find a little humor in the fact that they are playing the Black Coaches Association Invitational in Wyoming. If you have ever been to Wyoming you will understand where that statement is coming from.

[i]Originally posted by TheShowDawg[/i]@Aug 6 2005, 01:05 AM [b] Does anyone else find a little humor in the fact that they are playing the Black Coaches Association Invitational in Wyoming. If you have ever been to Wyoming you will understand where that statement is coming from. [/b]
i believe a massive .0000001% of Wyoming's population is non-honky :lol:
[i]Originally posted by TheShowDawg[/i]@Aug 6 2005, 01:05 AM [b] Does anyone else find a little humor in the fact that they are playing the Black Coaches Association Invitational in Wyoming. If you have ever been to Wyoming you will understand where that statement is coming from. [/b]
I find it stange that it's the BCA and there are only 2 historically black schools in it, Alabama State and Coppin State. Butler, Lehigh and Northwestern could be considered elitist schools and then there are the 3 state-supported schools, Charlotte, UNC Wilmington and Wyoming, the honkie capital of the US.

Hey guys, we’re having an 8-team tournament, wanna play?

There are a lot of things like this that I do not understand and find funny. But since I am a "white Republican" I guess my mind is to closed to comprehend.

At least we aren’t in the Cable Car Classic.

Is West Charlotte in this field?? Gee, don’t know how we will claw through this powerhouse field of teams.

When are the white coaches going to form an association and hold an invitational?

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi[/i]@Aug 7 2005, 12:17 PM [b] When are the white coaches going to form an association and hold an invitational? [/b]
Do you think Charlotte could get invited to a "name" tournament?

We’re overdue for a Pre Season NIT appearance.

[i]Originally posted by dax[/i]@Aug 5 2005, 09:48 AM [b]
[b]North Carolina State won last year's Black Coaches Association Invitational.[/b]

is it just me or does state have black coaches?? and i thought we only had 1 [/b]

State has one black coach: Larry Harris, but what’s your point?

We will get into a “name” tournament as soon as we make it out of the first round.