Charlotte to Hire Michigan associate Head Coach Biff Poggi as new Head Football Coach

1 Like

He’s used to a home stadium overflowing with 100,000 fans on game day. We’ve either been set up or put on notice, but knowing our fans, I hope we don’t disappoint our new Savior Coach so early in his tenure.

3 Likes

We’ll have more fans than at st Frances games so that’s good. He’s not too far removed from HS.

In sure poggi has a realistic expectation for crowds. Win and the stadium will be full. Lose and it’ll be a shit environment. That’s 90% of football teams for you.

Let’s hope for good weather and demand our friends and family give us an opportunity to show them Poggi’s progress

1 Like

Problem is we don’t have multiple generations of fans and we have had little success to build a bandwagon fanbase.

3 Likes

Shit better change this year

1 Like
3 Likes

We do have 100k alumni local though and we know Charlotte loves a winner. Win and more will show, win big and the crowd will be crazy.

2 Likes

clt recommends attending the baseball game and the spring game. What a day and the weather will be perfect!

5 Likes

We’re coming in Friday night for baseball and gonna make a weekend out of it

3 Likes

That’s true. We need a combination of winning games we should and being competitive in big games this season to start bringing fans out to games. From there winning seasons, bowl games etc. will make the difference. It’s going to take time but hopefully this season is the start.

1 Like

(I am highly biased - I :heart: our green helmet. So damn clean and iconic).

2 Likes
5 Likes

It’s wild having other college coaches saying we could be the next Cincy/UCF.

1 Like

He’s a high school coach. Bowling Green Bobcats is a high school in Missouri.

Bowling Green State University Falcons are in Ohio.

Corrected. This is why I shouldn’t message board and work at the same time.

1 Like

Bowling Green University is in Bowling Green, Ohio. Western Kentucky is in Bowling Green, Kentucky.

2 Likes

And officially it’s Bowling Green State University. Member of the MAC.

A post was split to a new topic: 2023 College Football