Charlotte to Hire Michigan associate Head Coach Biff Poggi as new Head Football Coach

I know other universities have coaches meet with other school programs, but I just canā€™t see Saban doing this or even Mack Brown for that matter. I love this type of stuff bc it continues to show the school as a community, and the coaches as peers.

2 Likes

Kinda apples to oranges but I remember seeing Roy Williams at other sports for UNCCh

1 Like

I live near the USA Baseball Complex in Cary and the Tarheels played their entire season there in 2008. I went to many games on the way home from work and Roy Williams was there more than me. Itā€™s like 30mins from their campus.

clt says good ol roy certainly had the free time. he wasnt monitoring his players attendance in class

3 Likes

I believe this is amazing and should be appreciated. Great leadership in my opinion

2 Likes

Love that Poggi will be attending. He is checking every box and doing everything right.

No doubt in my mind that Hill hired the best coach available. Perhaps he has hired the best coach, period!

Donā€™t get me wrong, I am looking forward to the beginning of the season but I am also enjoying each day observing the building of this program.

I could not be more excited!

6 Likes

Also, the softball announcement was already posted in the softball threadā€¦

1 Like
1 Like

Heā€™s used to a home stadium overflowing with 100,000 fans on game day. Weā€™ve either been set up or put on notice, but knowing our fans, I hope we donā€™t disappoint our new Savior Coach so early in his tenure.

3 Likes

Weā€™ll have more fans than at st Frances games so thatā€™s good. Heā€™s not too far removed from HS.

In sure poggi has a realistic expectation for crowds. Win and the stadium will be full. Lose and itā€™ll be a shit environment. Thatā€™s 90% of football teams for you.

Letā€™s hope for good weather and demand our friends and family give us an opportunity to show them Poggiā€™s progress

1 Like

Problem is we donā€™t have multiple generations of fans and we have had little success to build a bandwagon fanbase.

3 Likes

Shit better change this year

1 Like
3 Likes

We do have 100k alumni local though and we know Charlotte loves a winner. Win and more will show, win big and the crowd will be crazy.

2 Likes

clt recommends attending the baseball game and the spring game. What a day and the weather will be perfect!

5 Likes

Weā€™re coming in Friday night for baseball and gonna make a weekend out of it

3 Likes

Thatā€™s true. We need a combination of winning games we should and being competitive in big games this season to start bringing fans out to games. From there winning seasons, bowl games etc. will make the difference. Itā€™s going to take time but hopefully this season is the start.

1 Like