Charlotte to Hire Michigan associate Head Coach Biff Poggi as new Head Football Coach

QB is the elephant in the room.

Biff has mentioned one several times but no leak yet. The idea was that he was going to bring someone proven in to run the show from day 1.

1 Like

Really need the QB in here for the spring. We are in week 2 of the spring semester. How late can someone enroll in classes?

Looks like Biff is bringing an old friend on staff. And with an estimated net worth of $750 million, he ain’t coming for his football expertise.

5 Likes

So, just curious, what do we think this guy will ‘actually’ be responsible for?

1 Like

I don’t care if he is responsible for selecting the flavor of Gatorade we drink if it results in better funding for our program I’m all for him. We are far behind our peers in facilities and NIL if people with money want to help our program welcome abroad!

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/BiffPoggi/status/1615188172404580361?t=Bj4rVz729OcUHqCX3dMoWQ&s=19

Yep. I missed this tweet but thought I would share.

1 Like

Maybe he will have a role similar to the one that Biff had at Michigan. That’s what it sounds like.

1 Like
2 Likes

Make It Rain Reaction GIF by Bud Light

3 Likes

He’s here to make sure Mike has enough money to extend Ron a few more years til all the pillars are built !

4 Likes

Can coaches donate to their schools own NIL collective? Are there any rules for that kind of thing? Lol

1 Like

“School personnel (including coaches) CAN assist an NIL entity with fundraising through appearances or by providing autographed memorabilia but CANNOT donate cash directly to those entities.”

I would assume if you utilized a third party foundation, in which the coach donated to a foundation that in turn donated to the NIL collective, it would fit under the grey area and make it not illegal to do so.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/CharlotteFTBL/status/1615393070022787087?s=20&t=0h18686fdk5n_CcysCSyOA

10 Likes

That post makes me happy and fired up too!

6 Likes

clt says we are going to tap into the financial resources in Charlotte like never before.

3 Likes

I’ll just leave this here: The 50 richest people in Massachusetts: Patriots owner Robert Kraft, Boston Beer Company founder Jim Koch among wealthiest in Bay State - masslive.com

TL;DR version - Jacobson is one of 50 richest Massachusetts residents with a net worth of $750 million in 2018, which is almost assuredly higher today than it was then.

2 Likes

Need a mic’d up Biff practice

3 Likes

Alright, I admit I secretly love Yankees. I am married to a Yankee, and she is as Yankee as Yankees get

2 Likes

I am going to assume that the coach was very serious about his transformative vs transactional coaching beliefs and I believe this gentleman fits right into that. Looks like he is a philanthropist.

So I’m taking his responsibilities at face value as stated and I’m real excited for the team.

To have access to this level of advice and mentorship while in college is very valuable.

6 Likes
3 Likes