Charlotte to Hire Michigan associate Head Coach Biff Poggi as new Head Football Coach

If Biff turns this around in 1 or two years that’s putting enormous pressure on Ron assuming he isn’t getting fire at end of this year. Which I don’t think is out of the realm of possibility

2 Likes

I think I get what you mean. If anything, what Poggi is doing should give Ron good reason to worry about his job next year. Ron only needed to recruit a few high impact players and coach them up for mutual success. It’s taken Ron this long to have any measure of success, weak schedule he damned. Too little, too late for Ron.

1 Like

Has Ryan Osborn DC been officially hired? Did I miss something?

5 Likes

To your point, it doesn’t appear so:

But the man is listing himself as the D.C. in his Twitter profile, and Hunter Bailey confirmed it last month:

https://twitter.com/CoachRyanOsborn?t=jVD4OYuNLJIcSJNX8xlYEA&s=09

He was also really pumped to get here and get to work:

https://twitter.com/CoachRyanOsborn/status/1616462570067759106

Possibility they are still working on a contract for him?

Possible. I look forward to a formal introduction.

Love that.

5 Likes

Starting to think certain people in the AD read the board :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Poggi said that Osborn was finishing up his responsibilities to the Ravens last week and would be down soon.

3 Likes

Or Ninereast1 has some serious pull haha.

Yup! Even a lifetime Steelers fan can appreciate us hiring a Ravens defensive coach. The Ravens defense was solid this year, a better than last season for sure, when many of their team stars were injured. This will be an additional boost to crootin

2 Likes

clt ithinks that Poggi is on this chat page

1 Like
2 Likes

Now that Poggi has completed his staff, please show a complete list of new coaches

2023 Charlotte 49ers football team - Wikipedia Coaching_staff

4 Likes
1 Like

Look who is on that line… :smiley:

1 Like

…Coastal? :thinking:

1 Like

Wow. That is fantastic.

Also if anyone here hasn’t seen the original I highly recommend.

11 Likes